Should Christianity adopt Islam’s laws of sins of the flesh?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Should Christianity adopt Islam’s laws of sins of the flesh?

There is a fair bit of noise nowadays about Sharia law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywlfbu-wjGU

I am not advocating Sharia law for our secular system but have to wonder if Christianity would be well served by adopting Sharia law for the Church.

Islam must change as it enters into secularism. It, like all Abraham based religions, need much improvements to their laws but, in terms of sins of the flesh, they may be above the Christian ethos. Abortion, infidelity, and other inappropriate sexual habits seem to be better handled by Islam. They have gone the wrong way in some of their cults, the so called rape law, exemplifies this, but I think that this is just a blip to their overall theology and will be rejected soon. Their homophobic stance also must change.

The spread and customs of abortion and unwed mothers in the west, as well as the numbers of men who do not do their duty to their children, is not good. Family values, although still healthy in the west, is taking a good beating. Perhaps it is time for Christianity to look at other religious systems including Islam, and adapt what it and others do to Christian families, if they find the new system better.
    I would think that such a move would also be a good time for Christianity to redress their shameful religious discrimination and denigration of Gays.

I did not bother with statistics as I think that what I have said is well recognized as fact. The U S situation is well known. In this O P, I would include fornication, infidelity, prostitution, unwed mothers and abortion. Homosexuality, I do not consider as inappropriate sex but know that it will be expressed by the homophobes.

Should we recognize this better part of Islam, in terms of dealing with sins of the flesh, or should Christianity just continue with the dismal record that it presently has?

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

Maybe you should just convert?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Yea!!! 4 babes for me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

and 72 in the afterlife if yer lucky

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

First of all, Christianity cannot just "adopt" new things. Secondly, Christianity already forbids all those so-called sins. Thirdly, if you are suggesting that draconian customs be introduced to instill fear into people through some sort of morality police, fuck that. Islam is the worst in this regard.

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

As I stated, it would be a good time for both to modernize their more draconian laws. Most of which they do not follow anyway.

Regards
    DL

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Just toss the whole pile of garbage. We have plenty of laws already. All we need is better birth control.

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

GIA,

why are you so focused on religion when it is obviously not the answer to humanity's problems?

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

...says the religious person to the other religious person.

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Do you have any idea how unnerving it is to see that avatar and then read a rational post beneath it?

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

OK I changed it.

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

thank you.

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i'm not religious. religion is not going to fix us. it hasn't yet has it?

wouldn't it be great if we could all just be free? and we weren't constantly trying to tell each other what to do? when was the last time you heard a religious person say that?

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You said you are a Christian a couple of days ago...

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Religion is believing in a god that interacts in our personal lives. I suppose you meant organized religion which is a group that believes in a specific message which god communicated to people.

19. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i am a christian, but it's my life, and it's not affiliated with some religious institution or denomination. i'm affiliated with christ, and whomever ends up on the other side with us, and i believe that's a personal determination, not a religious one.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Did Jesus mention getting together with like-minded people?

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

god communicates with me. you know this.

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

it happens.

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No. We know that's what you claim.
    Different thing altogether.