Stop preaching!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Thoreau, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

There are a few members here who occassionally post threads in the Religious subforum; threads that simply recite biblical or quranic verses. Bear in mind these posts/threads ask no questions or engage the viewing audience in debate/conversation. They are simply posted to recite various verses from various texts.

So, in order to save the hassle (and the bandwidth), if you want to read the Quran or the Bible (or other holy books), I've attached links to them below.

http://quran.com/

http://www.biblegateway.com/

There is no need to waste our space and time on this forum by creating threads that simply recites scripture. If we want to read it, we can read it on our own. If you insist on creating a thread containing scripture, at least engage the reader by asking questions, ie have a debate topic. Without doing so, it is trolling. It is just the same as someone else posting a thread containing, "The sky is blue".

Do you agree with me on this? Would you even go so far as to ban "preachers"???

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

From "Posting rules for Religion forum":

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

MZ3 arent you preaching right now you might as well make a topic about all rule violations that get broken, just let the mods do there jobs....................

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Nope, I asked questions. I engaged the readers for discussion. If anything, the shoe can be reversed and show that, having not responded to my posted questions, that the troll has made his appearance.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Saint Valued Senior Member

we debate here,
    not preach,
    but we also respect freedom of speech.