Would a loving Jesus or God wait this long before reappearing?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Jesus would know and live in the same kind of time frame as you and I. He would perceives time as you and I do.

He has been gone, to some, and to himself, for 2000 years. To others, who see Jesus as an archetype, much longer. Back to Egypt and Sumer. I am of this group and see Jesus born in the 4th millennium BC. That or he was what, the 7th bastard son of God. God forbid.

The God I know is a good God and I recognize that you think your God is a good God as well.
    I want to highlight here that the word God also represents your political God as defined as whatever set of rules you follow day to day. Atheists can thus have a God without it being an insult, as well as all other peoples.

Defining the word good, in God’s absence, is quite the chore as our self pride tries to make us all lower case g Gods. A good thing.

I suggest that God and Jesus are progressively less good and more cruel, over time, if he or they do not reappear. That would be immoral and God cannot be immoral.
    That confirms to my mind, that reading Jesus as an archetype, is the right way to read scripture. Otherwise, Jesus and or God, are shown to be immoral constructs.

I suggest that God and or Jesus, real or not, have broken their covenant with mankind.

As we speak, 6 million starve to death yearly. 1 holocaust per year my friends. No God or Jesus who wants to be seen as having relevance, kindness or mercy for mankind, would be waiting in the wings as this and other carnage ravages the human race. No way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

God began to break his covenant with mankind in Eden by cursing the earth and has progressively pulled further back and lives up to at least one small part of the covenant but allowing, if you please, man kind their Dominion.

It is no wonder that Bible God will have no one above him. No one can stoop that low.

God is dead.
    Thank God, God is dead.
    Long live God.

God as defined as a set of rules that is, thus all benefit as secularism leads the way to better rules.

God became the Word. The word is Secular.

Would he continue to allow a new holocaust every year?

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

this doesn't make sense. your faith is then in people. the same people who have been perpetuating suffering for all this time? and somehow that's god's fault, for not intervening sooner? it's unclear as to who you deem responsible for fixing us but there is absolutely no evidence that we are, as humans. quite the contrary. i think a few thousand years is like the blink of an eye, when compared to eternity.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

You say that about all that I write so why are you not just ignoring me the way someone of intelligence would.

No. You would rather show your hating side and hate to miss an opportunity eh.

Quite the Christian.

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Because that's all you write about
    :shrug:

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

nothing i said was hateful. those are legitimate questions i asked you. where is the evidence that humanity is going to fix itself? and when i say "fix itself" i mean to do what it takes to eliminate suffering of any kind. imo, a desire to eliminate suffering may create the opportunity to do so, but because of what i see going on around me every day, and because of the entire recorded history of mankind, i have no reason to believe the opportunity will be the result of something pleasant or easy, nor will the execution.

listen, something of the spiritual realm said to me once, "there is no time here". i can't relate myself really, but i'm just trying to give you some honest perspective.

9. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

Time is irrelevant to a god.

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Then take your meaningless spiritual message and replace it with the one the Godhead gave me. At least it has meaning.
    Think demographically.

Have you ever wondered why the spiritual would give you what makes no sense? Does it make sense that it would do so?

BTW, what betterment of man was ever brought about be anyone other than man?

Regards
    DL

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Then as creatures in time, God is irrelevant to us and should be completely ignored.

Regards
    DL

12. drumbeat Registered Senior Member

Well that's a whole new subject, but you may have hit the nail on the head.
    Why would an omnipotent god want a single species to worship him?

13. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

I will make this brief as I have other, more important things I must be doing.

Christopher Hitchens once said during a speech a few years back that to assume their is a god, and knowing that humans are somewhere (roughly) between 100,000-250,000 years old, that it means that God just sat around and did nothing for 98,000 years (based on the history of 100,000 years) before he even sent his son Jesus to Earth. Why not intervene sooner if it was truly obvious that humans were on the downhill slope into sin and evil?

(This argument is made in the support of the idea that the Christian God does in fact not exist).

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

He would not.
    He needs our worship as much as we need the worship of ants.
    It is man that wants man on his knees. Not God.

Regards
    DL

15. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Yes. To think otherwise, one would have to question why God would wait and use genocide on the whole earth when in Eden, he could have just murdered 2 instead of waiting and murdering millions.

That would be quite the insane God.

Regards
    DL

16. lightgigantic Banned Banned

98 000 years with no trace of religious principles?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

since when does reverent love and devotion involve being on one's knees? if you imagine god as a prideful being, you are incorrect. god is not a being but the entity that creates and controls the universe and everything in it. god is law. it's a part of everything, including you and i, encoded in our existence. i believe that communion is the cure for our suffering, and i believe the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. what if you imagined god as the whole?

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

according to you, the fall. correct?

19. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

What, I don't give a rat's ass for worship of ants...

20. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

No, 98,000 years before God could fix his own mistakes.

21. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I don't understand

22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

23. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I do. An ass whole.

Regards
    DL