Without computer, how do people live?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by playtime1993, Mar 6, 2011.

1. playtime1993 Registered Member

I heard that scientists have carried out a new kind of computer–To be honest, it is cannot be considered as a kind of computer–which named Optical Brain. In fact, the opitical brain is still a kind of computer, the difference is the media of information delevering in optical brain is slowed light, which can travel without the barier of silicon. Generally, I always call both opitical brain and contemporary computer “computer”. The reason is obvious: they both use mathmetical measure to pass information. I believe my opinion is right. A Chinese online encyclopedia called Baidu Pedia introduces the optical brain as following:

光脑是由光导纤维与各种光学元件制成的计算机。

Translate it into English, it is: Optical Brain is a kind of computers which consists variety kinds of optical fiber and optical components. Also in this encyclopedia, I found this new computer use the light shading of laser to transform data. It can think! Though still escape from using maths calculate mostly.

Maybe years later, computer will disappear–it is useless! Even if you have little–Even though you are just a junior high school student–it is not difficult for you to understand that the function and efficiency of human being’s brain is far clever than any kinds of computers, including light brain! Obviously, the 15 billion cells in our brains are much powerful than thousands of integreted circuits. Cells are the most fundamental unit of living nature after all. A famous Chinese biologist have ever said, “I believe firmly that even if the most simple cell is much ingenious than the updatest computer in the world!” Mind is still a mystery of human’s brain–Human cannot think every thing just by maths like computers.

In the future, there is no computer, just artificial brains being sold in shops and stores–how can I put it, they cannot be sold in electrical appliance mall, because they donnot use electricity at all, just use ATP, a kind of biochemical mater used to provide power for organs in our bodies. Breathe can produce ATP, and the artificial brains can breath automatically and produce ATP by themselves.

Artificial brain is not the fresh imagination in the world, many people have though about it. However, as for how to use it is . My opinion is: Connect the artificial brain with a hat by lines or without line! Put the hat onto your head, the artificial brain will consider everything instead of you. And in this way, your IQ will be raised. For instance, if your IQ is 120, use the AB, it can become 220. Maybe in this way, people’s life will change a lot. Children can learn much knowledge without being at school; everybody can call himself or herself scientist–just adjust the configuration of the AB– to be a chemist’s brain or a physist’s brain.

But this kind of life is still hard to be led. The beauty of the world is difference–just because of the low IQ of other people, can you be considered as a smart one!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Not sure what point you are trying to make, but if machines ever become sentient, it will be a life changing event for all humans. In the mean time, I know my life would suffer a great deal without a computer and an Internet connection. So maybe it's the Internet that makes the computer worth having. As far as a computer making people smarter? Maybe that will happen, but until it does, being able to search for and find almost any information I want, makes me a lot smarter than I might be without that ability.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.