Angry father uses bread knife to castrate 57-year-old boyfriend of his daughter, 17

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Brian Foley, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

The affair was legal. The cops had no cause to get involved.The father had two friends help him. All three now face serious jail time.There may have been a reason related to the father that the daughter chose an older lover.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't a steak knife have done the job better?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. krreagan Registered Senior Member

"Better" is subjective.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

KRR

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

why? check out this beauty.....aVictorinox 10-1/4-Inch Bread Knife with Curved Blade and Fibrox Handle.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Now of the genders were reversed no one would be commenting on the suitability of the knives.

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

*shakes head* so grevious bodly harm (if not atempted murder) is a joke now?

10. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Meanwhile, being castrated doesn't absolutely prevent him from getting erections and screwing the 17 year old, especially if he goes on testosterone therapy.

I hope the father and his accomplices are sentenced to a long sentence that includes a daily dose of anal rape.

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Of course and always as long as it is testicles....

12. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I feel sick...

I agree with the anal rape comment.

13. krreagan Registered Senior Member

My point was that he was probably looking to inflict pain and a dull knife would be the most painful.

KRR

14. krreagan Registered Senior Member

Being someone of the approximate age of the father with a teenage daughter of my own, I'm on the side of the father taking off his manhood.

KRR

15. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Point taken.

16. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Why? Here's the thing. Your daughter is probably already having sex (if she's 17+, American, and of a typical level of religious devotion). She's not being tricked into having sex, she'd having sex because she wants it. There's no reason to be more angry at a 50 year old having sex with your daughter than a 22 year old, and certainly no more reason to think you'd be justified in maiming anyone.

I remain where I started with one small change, in a case like that, daily prison rape would be acceptable, though I would also be okay with letting the victim (which note, is in no sense the daughter from what I see in the story), cut off his attacker' balls, and then send the attacker to a rape-free prison.

17. krreagan Registered Senior Member

At 17 you are probably correct. The difference is that a 50yo is able to manipulate a 17 year old much more effectively for the purposes of sex then another 17 (or there abouts). At 50ish his only intrest in a 17yo is sex. If not then he should have met with the parents.

As a former teenager I realize my daughter will be experimenting with sex. I only hope she takes the proper procausions, does it with someone she cares deeply about (and vise versa). And has a lot of fun.

I don't saddle my children with the brainwashing called religion. They get there morals from reason and strong examples.

KRR

18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately there is o mention as to the nature of the "odd" couples affection for each other.
    It is being presumed I guess that there is none, which is a bit cynical if you ask me.

It is true as said earlier that an older man has greater ability to be manipulative but it is also true to say that a older man has greater ability to be wise and genuine in his relationships.
    To tar him with our own cynical brush would be an injustice. IMO.

Any ways any act of violence is inappropriate as a response even if he was manipulative. IMO

19. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

If there was evidence of manipulation, then the remedy is to explain the situation to the daughter and have her end the relationship. From there, you'd be free to use all the social ostracism you want against him. Here, there is *no* evidence of manipulation that I have read, and even if there were there is no cause for vigilanteism on any level, let alone this extreme.

I see that you fear that your daughter is a bit naive, but surely that means you should be keeping close watch on your daughter, not that you have the right to attack those who are more sophisticated than she is. If she had an affair with a unusually worldly 22 year old, what body parts would you have the right to cut off him?

It might be true that the only interest of a 50 year old in a 17 year old is sex. It might not be true. It depends on the 50 year old and the 17 year old. I tend to think that a horny 18 year old is more likely to be sex obsessed than the 50 year old. I've known mature and immature people who were of each age.

Truth is, often the girl is only interested in the sex and not in a long term relationship (or she may have been using him for the stuff he buys her and feeding his more genuine infatuation). Does his family get to chop her tits off if they find out that's true?

20. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

How do you know she wasn't manipulating him and getting what she wanted too? At those kinda age gaps you often find it's fair trade.

21. Fall Caesar Registered Member

It's a matter of rational vs. irrational self-interest:

It's safe to assume that the 17 year old and the 50 year old were consensually in love (due to the lack of stating otherwise by either of them). The reason, be it sex or otherwise, is irrelevant. On the basis of a rational self-interest, their actions were purely moral; but not necessarily ethical - society generally doesn't condone that type of interaction due to age. The father acted likewise in his self-interest by casting the man, yet this was irrational self-interest, as it 1) broke the law and more importantly 2) directly interfered with another person's individual freedom. His behavior was irrationally moral, unethical, and illegal.

Throw him into jail, or space prison.