What is the entry level computer science job without computer science degree?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Annasmith, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annasmith Registered Member

Hi, I am currently computer science major in college. I am looking for a job that does not require a computer science degree but in the field of IT. I would like to gain experience before I graduate. I've been looking for a job in IT field but most of the jobs requires computer science or Information technology degree.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. keith1 Guest

You show an innate interest in the field, and your academic continuity, coupled with your natural inclination as talent, you will rise quickly from the volunteer pool. I hire volunteers, because its quicker to spot the one's to put on salary permanently. Check it out. Having someone watch you, without experience, for a month, seeing the potential, and getting to know the person...well, that can trump a gamble on a bogus fluff strangers resume...in most instances.

Stay in school. And walk into any IT office in town.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I don't know how far along you are in your course, or how much spare time you have. If you can manage to get a Microsoft certification, then it will become possible to get a job in the field. Not easy, but possible. I know people who have done it.

However, if your goal is to gain experience rather than earning a salary, Keith's suggestion is the best one.
    • Many federal offices have summer intern programs.
    • Many charity organizations are desperate for workers with skill and a good attitude, who will work for as low a salary as possible. One who is willing to work for free will move to the top of the hiring list, especially in today's economy.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.