The Nonsense of Atheists

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by RenaissanceMan, Nov 16, 2010.

1. RenaissanceMan RenaissanceMan Registered Senior Member

Atheists have only a few fundamental points.

1. They're smarter than anyone else. Just ask them.

2. Read Item #1.

3. You're stupid if you're not an atheist.

4. A corollary of Item #1 is that atheists are "rational" and "scientific."
    Ask them.

Of course history belies atheist lies. Take Copernicus, please. Or Isaac Newton. Or Francis Collins. Brilliant scientists and discoverers and Christians all.

Don't bother arguing with an atheist, however. It's simply futile.

Just read the excellent book, Answering the New Atheism: Dismantling Dawkins' Case Against God , by Hahn and Wiker.

Truly outstanding and now available in paperback.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Nah. Probably just smarter than you.

Are you an atheist, then?

Nah. Atheists can be as irrational as everybody else, yourself included.

What atheist lies are you talking about? Nobody has denied that these men were Christian. Have they?

What discoveries has Francis Collins made, by the way?

Too smart for you?

Can you briefly summarise its arguments - or just the best one or two if you like.

Thanks.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. krreagan Registered Senior Member

At least we have "a few fundamental points". Theists on the other hand have no points at all. It's just faith and no substance!

KRR

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. woowoo Registered Senior Member

is this another "Pointless" thread?

8. gmilam Valued Senior Member

We do seem to be lost in the pointless forest.

9. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Good point.

10. gmilam Valued Senior Member

:cheers:

11. JuNie Registered Senior Member

12. Blindman Valued Senior Member

Well done..
    Angels, devils, gods, magic. Thousands on competing religions. War and violence.. Yes you are stupid for following a religion. All of which where invented by mankind to control the masses for the benefit of the power hungry few.

Once again each religion is sure of the others untruth. You would have to be very stupid to believe all religions are right...

13. Mr MacGillivray Banned Banned

What I find 'stupid' about creationists is that they think Dawkins is the scientific community.

14. Blindman Valued Senior Member

I love the fact that religions have to write books against a wise proactive atheist. They are obviously threatened by a great mind. The loss of power is what religions fear not souls.

15. lightgigantic Banned Banned

its called philosophical discourse, and has a rich history before the new atheists and even a broader application beyond mere a/theistic ideologies

If that is what you think it kind of makes us wonder obvious threat and loss of power was biting at the heels of dawkins et al to inspire them to voice their opinion

16. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

You said it little brother.
    Nevermind, there is hope for you yet.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

jan.

17. birch Valued Senior Member

this is like deja vu.

christians use this (pathetic) same line often as if it's evidence. it's akin to 'probably they are right? i really don't know but since they are such brilliant scientists, that must validate christianity too. i will trust that it's true since they are validating my beliefs and they are so good at xyz.'

it's also pathetic and poor reasoning, as is typical. it's like claiming that if one is successful or right about one thing, then they must be right in all areas.

if i'm white and successful, then it must be that all whites are successful. if i am an accomplished musician, then i must also be an awesome athlete. if i am a good father, then it must be that i'm a good husband.

if i get one correct answer on a test, it is an indication that i will get everything on the test correctly. if i am an awesome mathmetician, then it must mean i am an awesome dancer.

piss-poor reasoning and not only that, unrealistic reasoning.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  18. Blindman Valued Senior Member

Atheists are not under threat of loss of power. We do not strive for money or power. We do not create organizations to extort income. The tything is a religious invention to maintain power. You are so typical in misrepresenting an imaginery atheist agenda

We seek nothing but freedom from religouse doctrine, a freedom not to brainwash the young into magical mumbo jumbo.

19. birch Valued Senior Member

heh. not only that, the OP missed a crucial difference. those scientists he is referring to in the past would be rolling in their graves that people like them would take liberties in misrepresenting them.

those scientists knew it was a "faith", even if they were christian. they knew they did not have evidence or proof.

if they were here today to speak to us all, it would probably shock the op to know they still could NOT validate christianity in the sense the op is claiming.

20. lightgigantic Banned Banned

actually my agenda was to press on a sore point in your presentation.
    You cite the instance of coming forward with a critique as evidence of wallowing in the fear of a potentially insurmountable challenge.
    You seem to forget that Dawkins et al atheistic work is a critique.
    :shrug:

Don't hold your breath.
    The new atheists narrow-minded fanatcism shares a remarkable parallel to the narrow minded theistic fanaticism it sets itself up to challenge.

Such is the cruel irony of extreme diametrically opposed ideologies.

21. gmilam Valued Senior Member

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

22. lightgigantic Banned Banned

actually what is pathetic is the attempt to pose science as something diametrically opposed to religion, which is of course the party line of the new atheists.

IMHO, citing various scientists of good standing in their profession who also happen to be fixed in their theistic world view is simply done to highlight the nonsense of atheists.

23. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Many moons ago when I was in elementary school in Texas (the 1960s) it was the party line of the conservative Christians.