The Lost Martian moon.

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Krupin, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Krupin Registered Senior Member

Phobos, the Martian moon, quickly approaches to the surface of the planet due to tidal effect (because Phobos's orbital period is shorter than a Martian day). Only a few hundred million years ago Phobos had to housed almost in a stationary orbit. The probability of formation of Phobos in accuracy in a stationary orbit is negligible. Therefore we must explain how Phobos could be in this orbit.
    The author offers the following explanation. After its formation the system of Martian moons consisted of three bodies, like modern Plutonian system. In addition to the tiny moons Phobos and Deimos Mars had another large moon (moon X). Phobos was in orbital resonance with the moon X, and this resonant system was stable and self correcting. Phobos was, as it is now, located below the stationary (areostationary) orbit. The moon X was located above it and tidal influence of Mars pushed the moon X away from the Martian surface. In an effort to keep the orbital resonance, resonant influence of the moon X pulled Phobos up too, in spite of the tidal effect of Mars.
    When Phobos had reached stationary orbit, new factor had appeared. This factor was an asymmetry of the Martian surface. Because Phobos's orbital period became equal to Martian day, Phobos located stationary above the surface on Mars, herewith some mountain area was behind him. The force of gravity of huge stone rocks permanently pulling Phobos ago, preventing resonance effect of the moon X. As a result, the moon X continued to rise, and Phobos had stopped at a stationary orbit. Orbital resonance was be broken. From this point Phobos was lowered under the influence of tidal friction of Mars.
    The moon X escaped from Mars because of tidal effect. Or it was broken accidentally flown asteroid. Perhaps some meteorites are fragments of the moon X.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

I think the martian moons were captured asteroids as their shapes are not comparative with the remaining solar system moons. So what can be captured, I suppose, can also be lost. You mention 'moon x' but what evidence do we have to show it actually existed? It is not visibly apparent from your post.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

The majority of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn are also captured asteroids, so your observation turns out to be incorrect.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

I seriously doubt the Earths moon has any effect on the Earth. I think the "effects tides" is BS.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They now have found asteroids with their own moons as well. The first confirmed case of an asteroid orbiting another asteroid is the asteroid Ida which is orbited by a smaller asteroid orbiting it called Dactyl.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  9. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

Must. Resist. The Trolling.

10. phlogistician Banned Banned

Now, see, I have John99 on ignore, because he comes up with inane bullshit such as that. Then you go and quote him, and I see it, and I despair for his lack of intellect.

I wish the 'ignore' feature blurred out quotes too, I really do.

11. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Really!!! Wow! You fly in the face of centuries of scientific FACT. Whatever you are on can I have a few ounces?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. John99 Banned Banned

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  13. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

14. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Oh c'mon. . . don't be such a stick in the mud. I got a kick out of that. Quite frankly, since I have been here, I don't really know if Agent 99 is a Freemason or just terribly closed minded, but quite frankly, I couldn't care less at this point. The point is, we are all human. . . (though some of us might be lizard men or talking dogs with those dragon accessories, one can never be to sure you know

) a joke here and there by someone that is usually closed minded to a different perspective isn't going to kill, is it? Granted. . . it's best to see what happens when you joke him back.

I grew up with an older sister. I would think that users that hung around a community, month after month, would begin to have a grudging familiarity, sort of like CHEERS, even for people with points of world view they don't care for. . . well, just b/c it makes a place home. I got a chuckle out of it.

I know the OP was serious, and I found it engaging. I also know how close minded Agent 99 is, and it troubles me that most of the moderators are closed minded. . . but, I actually like that. I NEED that in my life. If I wanted some place that was so open my mind would fall out, I would spend all my time at ATS, or Camelot, or David Icke's forum. But hey, I never know if anyone in those parts is even sane, right? Or if they are on drugs. Nobody wants to spend time where you don't learn anything and where everyone nearly agrees with everything except the most outlandish things. . . and that's just a waste of time.

But most of all, I am more certain than I am here, that there IS definitely disinformation agents spooking around at those places. At least here? I know everyone is genuine, intelligent. . . and well, refreshingly honest. And I like that. It's like family.

15. John99 Banned Banned

Thats ridiculous. I roflmao though.

16. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

17. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

you mean this is the NORMAL you? :m:

18. John99 Banned Banned

What a strange thread this is.

19. John99 Banned Banned

What trolling? This was in Pseudoscience before i posted in it. I posted a link to my thread. How is that trolling?

20. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

iiwii

21. John99 Banned Banned

It wasnt like that from the beginning though.

22. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

It's always like that, no matter what state it is in. It means, acceptance, total and complete acceptance of how things are, no matter if you like them, or if you don't. Usually, we tend to think of the past as rather more positive than the present, b/c things were shiny and new, or more exclusive and less corrupted, whatever the case may be, things still are what they are.

23. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Krupin has three posts, all of which were to start threads, and he hasn't been back to discuss? An apparent sock at best. IIWII. To take things any more serious than that? Folly.