Two New Periodic Tables of Elements

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Aether Wizard, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Aether Wizard Registered Senior Member

Based upon the ideas of Fernando Dufour and his Elementree 3D periodic table, I have produced a different version, which depicts the electron structure as constructing within a dipolar space. I call this the Vajra Periodic Table because the shape of the table resembles the ancient Vajra symbol, which means something to the effect, "The first matter that came into existence in the Universe."

After composing the first periodic table, I decided to construct a second periodic table based upon the work of Linus Pauling and his Spheron model for atomic nuclei spins. It is the Pauling Spheron Periodic Table.

Both of these periodic tables are useful side-by-side. The Vajra table shows the elements grouped according to electron structure, whereas the Pauling Spheron table shows the elements grouped according to nuclear spin. It becomes very obvious, and was previously known, that electron bindings follow a different rule than nuclear bindings. This is likely due to the geometrical structures inherent to the subatomic particles.

Both periodic tables can be viewed at www.periodic-table.net. By clicking on the images on the main page, you can download full-sized PDF files of the tables for free. Print versions are also available.

Dave

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Aether Wizard Registered Senior Member

Here are sample images of the periodic tables...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Moderator note:
    New age mystical mumboojumbo.
    Thread moved.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Aether Wizard Registered Senior Member

Linus Pauling was considered a crank, too. And I'm sure he cried about it... all the way to Stockholm to receive his Nobel Prizes.

Personally, I think you are making a mistake and have not examined the work at hand with an eye for science.

8. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

That's nice, but assumptions made in making this statement are flawed on a number of fronts.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

They all laughed at Bozo the Clown, too.

10. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Not me.. Clowns freak me out. Demonic looking fuggers, with big shoes.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Aether Wizard:

I looked at your site, but couldn't easily find anything that explained the way the elements are grouped in either of the tables.

For example, as we go from right to left across the Vajra table, what quantity changes for the various groups of elements? And as we go from top to bottom down a column of elements, what quantity is changing?

Admittedly, I didn't look very closely at the tables themselves - 16 MB is too long to wait for the download.

12. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Major correction: Pauling was NEVER considered a crank until he dug himself in too deeply with his vitamin-C kick. And that was very near the natural end of his career anyway.

13. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

You're not exactly the most scientific person here. Why are you not getting your work published, rather than wasting time pushing it on forums?

Oh yeah, because everyone who knows any science who has looked at your work has laughed at it.

Cranks always come out with comments like that, such as "They laughed at Einstein" or "They disagreed with Galileo". What cranks forget is that for every person who was dismissed by the establishment but turned out to be right there's 1000+ people who were rightly dismissed. Every crank thinks they are the one who shouldn't be dismissed. I've yet to see a single crank I've ever spoken to manage to get published in any reputable journal (finding hack journals is easy), never mind get taken seriously by the research community.

If your work is so viable why are you stuck peddling it on forums? What happens to the Iranian award? Why aren't you spending your time developing your work so its publishable in a reputable journal rather than wasting time rearranging Periodic tables?

14. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Precisely the problem I had - the website is vague and waffly, and talks at length without actually saying anything.

15. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

I think the fact there's an 'online store' which is peddling pictures of 'aether model theory' or slapped on mugs and mouse mats demonstrates the full crankiness. Aether 'Wizard', you have failed to get any bit of your work published in a reputable journal, you've been rejected by every scientific group you've put your work in front of and now, like all con men, you've decided to skip the science and just try to make money from uninformed laypersons. Being deceptive about your work is bad enough, taking money by conning people who don't know any better is despicable.

You're a snake oil salesman.

16. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

One of several factors that had me seriously considering sending this thread straight to the Cesspool.

17. Aether Wizard Registered Senior Member

Here's another outfit selling snake oil:
    http://www.thespaceshop.com/

It seems to be a popular way to share ones art and ideas these days.

18. Aether Wizard Registered Senior Member

Looking close at the tables is what the tables are for. You are right, I haven't yet provided a chemistry lesson with the tables. They are posted for the benefit of those who already understand chemistry and nuclear structure.

The Vajra table is arranged according to electron orbitals. The atomic fill pattern shows the order in which the electron orbitals are filled. The arrangement of two opposing structures is to show the fill pattern has a dipole structure. This type of information is useful for those of us fine tuning the electron binding energy equation.

There are many insights that can be gained from the Vajra table, not that the insights are particularly new, but that they are more easily visible. I haven't the time to post these observations at the moment, as I have other things to attend to for the next few days. But I will get to it.

19. Aether Wizard Registered Senior Member

Rearranging periodic tables is time spent developing my work so that it can be published.

There is nothing earthshaking about the periodic tables, themselves. They are merely tools for working on earthshaking concepts like predicting the 1s electron orbitals for all isotopes from first principles and with a single equation.

And I will remind you, just because a good idea is presented and it takes several years to gain recognition, does not mean the idea is bad. Sometimes it simply means others are slow in understanding. That usually occurs when they already think they know everything and don't have room to understand new ideas. One cannot fill a cup that is already full.

20. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

NASA does viable science. It has a proven track record. You don't.

So I assume you have the theoretical background justification for your choice of rearrangement, ie you have the quantitative details derived from your aether model? Lets see them.

Like the Schrodinger equation does in quantum mechanics? Are you claiming you have a derivation of those results from first principles, the principles of aether? Lets see them.

And these aren't unreasonable requests, as you'd have to provide them to any reputable journal in order to get the results published. The journey to the solution can be as important as the solution itself, lets see yours.

What is there to understand, I keep asking you for details you fail to provide.

I forget, which one of us is claiming to have developed a ground breaking model of physics which leads to huge leaps in technology? Which of us continues to make claims about their work despite having been rejected by every single viable scientific group they have submitted their work to?

The fact I believe I know more than most in some small area of physics doesn't mean I think I know everything. In fact in comparison to other people's views on their understanding I'm pretty sure I have a much better grasp of just how little of science I know. You do the typical crank mistake of thinking that because I'm confident in what was literally my day job for years then I think I know everything. I'll happily defer to people who know more than me if they can justify their position. Let me know when you can justify your position.

21. M00se1989 Banned Banned

I would be more interested in a table that showed the differences between the molecular volumes of the elements. As there is no limit to energy per unit of volume.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I already understand chemistry and nuclear structure.

You didn't answer my questions.

So answer the questions I asked you about your tables in my previous post. What's so hard about that?

The only reason I can see for you not being able to answer these basic questions is that there actually is no ordering principle for your tables. What you've done is just take the elements and arranged them in pretty patterns. Is that correct?

23. Aether Wizard Registered Senior Member

Your prejudice could not be more obvious. First it is a crank thing to make money putting ideas on merchandise. But when the people doing it are on your side, then you sanction it.

For what, more target practice?

Are you claiming that you would actually respond to the science and not just fire off more rhetorical questions? Your questions have no sincerity at all.

Are you claiming that you have actually read or studied anything I have said?

Sure it does. You're just pretending to be modest.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Let me know when you plan to be honest and actually look at what I present from a scientific point of view instead of your prejudiced, narrow-minded, insulting, and rude point of view.