This Proves we never walked on the Moon

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Neverfly, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Neverfly Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It only provides evidance that we did go to the moon.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

OP is an idiot with nothing to do.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neverfly Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What can I say? Work has been painfully slow lately.
    I do find it an interesting article, however.

8. D H Some other guy Valued Senior Member

That article of course says nothing about the moon landings being a hoax. That is one of the dumbest conspiracy theories around. The fact that you appear to have been drawn to it lowers my estimation of you.

A lot.

The footage was found more than two years ago. The news article you found is stupid newsies not knowing what they are writing about. The footage is being shown to the public in Australia next weekend. BTW, Buzz Aldrin will be a guest of honor.

So, how was it lost? Simple. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

The footage that everyone saw worldwide in 1969 was not just the typical 1969 low resolution stuff. Everything in 1969 was low resolution stuff. The transmission from the Apollo 11 moon landing was lower than low. NASA needed most of the bandwidth for other stuff (voice, astronaut's heartbeats, equipment status, ...) The transmission from the Moon to Canberra, Australia was an incredibly lousy 320 line transmission at 10 frames per second (crappy old analog TV was 525 lines at 24 frames per second). The transmission from Canberra to the rest of the world was even worse. That ultra low-res transmission from the Moon to Canberra had to be converted to low-res signals that would play on people's low res TVs. It was incredibly lousy, but nobody cared. It was real.

Prior to the fortieth anniversary of the first Moon landing, NASA historians went out looking for that archived footage. What they found was a bunch of crap. We are now used to hi-def TV. That incredibly lousy footage was just that -- incredibly lousy. The original footage had to be somewhere! Apparently everyone thought someone else had kept a copy. The copies that those historians did find were stored for forty years in facilities managed by the lowest bidder. They were crap. Nobody had a usable copy. It caused quite an uproar. Fortunately, some of the people who worked at the Canberra ground station did keep some copies. It is these copies that we now see. By modern standards, they are still quite crappy.

A lying cab driving is your national hero? You have now fallen even further in my sights than I could have possibly have imagined.

The truth is amazingly simple: We landed on the Moon. Get over it.

9. Neverfly Banned Banned

Understandably.

That really is a big problem with news writers. I admit, one can't expect them all to be educated in all fields, but I would think it would make more sense to have writers in fields they are knowledgeable on, rather than the current hodge podge.
    I was reading a news article a while back about paraffinic compounds found in space.
    What did the writer name them? "Waxy Hydrocarbons."
    Sheesh...

Crappy or not, I'm certain we are all going to enjoy.
    And thanks, DH, for filling in what the article left out.

[chuckle]
    I apologize, DH.

It had been an interesting day and I was in rare form... as usual.

The posting was a mock of the CT moonhoaxers twisted way of thinking (I would have thought the "one one one" at the end of exclamation points would have been a hint... But I can see how such absolute stupidity in the claims would have been distracting.) and absurd ways of supporting their claims.
    In short- I was a wee bit bored.

The reference to the Hero, was a bit of Voltaire influence.

To quote someone who I'll reference in a moment: "Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong were legends before Apollo, even."
    Watching him knock the crap out of a weasel twice his size never fails to lighten my day and the posting I made gave me an excuse to use it.

So, to reference the above and as a way of apology, I submit this link for all readers unfamiliar with the site I'm linking to enjoy.

http://www.clavius.org/

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  10. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Now that's fishing with style.

A lovely troll, in the original afu spirit. Snopes would be proud!

11. Neverfly Banned Banned

I cordially invite all my fellow moonhoaxers to submit their 'evidence' here for a severe asswhoopin.'

12. D H Some other guy Valued Senior Member

Nicely played, Neveryfly.

13. jmpet Valued Senior Member

How then do we explain moon orbiters photographing from orbit the moon landing sites?

14. Neverfly Banned Banned

Photoshop.

All we had to do was wait until the technology was available to fudge it.

Wow, making crap up really IS much easier than research...

I better cover my butt here before DH hammers me again.

http://vimeo.com/1537915

Sir Mildred Pierce made this video demonstrating some pretty hard evidence. No one is going to whip up photoshop or a lie to explain this one away.