Word completing words on me

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by science man, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In MS Word 2010 I downloaded a file from my professor and am answering questions within it and while doing that I'm noticing word complete words on me. for example if I type the word "which" or "because" it will automatically type the last letter of the word. I know it's not a big deal because it probably is just doing that because of something he did in his options but I was just wondering that was that he did. Anybody know?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

On the "Insert" menu there's an "Autocomplete" option, which can be set to your own preferences for particular words.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. where is that? Remember I'm dealing with Word 2010 format, not Word 2003 format.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Have you tried typing "Autocomplete" into the help box if there's no "Insert" menu?

8. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

It is not on the Insert menu on the Word 2007 implementation on my office computer.
    I can't even find the Help command anywhere on this installation of Word 2007! Not even under "Word Options" on the MS Office button.

Edit: I went to the Customize menu under "Word Options" on the MS Office button (the foolishly unlabeled button in the upper left). I figured I'd just drag "Autocomplete" onto one of my menus. But "Autocomplete" is not on the command list!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Autocomplete should be an option on "autotext" - at least it is on Word 2003.

Erk! I'm using 7 year-old software! What does that do for my geek cred?

10. Guys chill. I found out where to go Word 2010 is different than all prior versions. You have to go to file, options, proofing, autocorrect options. I found it on the MS website. Funny thing is as soon as I found that out I lost the file (it disappeared) but I don't care because I already finished what I needed to do in it and printed it so I won't bother redownloading it just to try that out I'll just know for next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.