What is heaven and hell like??

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Alan McDougall, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Alan McDougall Alan McDougall Registered Senior Member

Questions about Heaven, Hell, and Eternity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there life after death?

How can I not go to hell?

Will we be able to see and know our friends and family members in Heaven?

What happens after death?

How can I know for sure that I will go to Heaven when I die?

What is Heaven like?

Is Heaven real?

Is hell real? Is hell eternal?

Are books such as 90 minutes in Heaven and 23 minutes in Hell biblically based?

Are there different levels of heaven?

Is annihilationism Biblical?

Can people in heaven look down and see those of us who are still on the earth?

What is the Judgment Seat of Christ?

What is the Great White Throne Judgment?

Will there be marriage in heaven?

Will there be sex in heaven?

What does the Bible say about soul sleep?

What does the Bible say about when God will judge us?

How can Heaven be perfect if all of our loved ones are not there?

How is eternity in Hell a fair punishment for sin?

Where did Old Testament believers go when they died?

Are there different levels of punishment in Hell?

What is paradise? Is it different than heaven? Where do people go when they die until Christ comes back?

What will we look like in Heaven?

What does the Bible say about purgatory?

What does the Bible say about Limbo?

What does the Bible say about reincarnation?

How do I find comfort and peace when I have lost a loved one?

How can I find comfort when an unsaved loved one has died?

What will we be doing in Heaven? Won't it get boring if we are there forever?

What age will everyone be in Heaven?

Will we have physical bodies in Heaven?

What does the Bible say about death?

Do we have an appointed time of death?

What does the Bible say about near death experiences?

What is the first resurrection? What is the second resurrection?

Will we remember our earthly lives when we are in Heaven?

What are the New Heavens and the New Earth?

Will it be possible for us to sin in Heaven?

Do we become angels after we die?

Will there be such a thing as gender in Heaven?

Why do so many people have to experience terrible suffering before death?

What is the New Jerusalem?

Is the Divine Comedy / Dante's Inferno a biblically accurate description of Heaven and Hell?

Is Luke 16:19-31 a parable or an account of events that actually occurred?

Where is Heaven? What is the location of Heaven?

Where is hell? What is the location of hell?

When will the Resurrection take place?

What is the intermediate state?

What is the difference between Sheol, Hades, Hell, the lake of fire, Paradise, and Abraham’s bosom?

Will we be able to see all three members of the Trinity in Heaven?

Is hell literally a place of fire and brimstone?

What does the Bible say about halos?

Going to Heaven - how can I guarantee my eternal destination?

Will we be naked in Heaven?

Who are "the cloud of witnesses" mentioned in Hebrews 12:1?

What happens at the final judgment?

What will be the purpose of the walls around the New Jerusalem?

What should be the focus of a Christian funeral?

What are the heavenly crowns that believers can receive in Heaven?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Turn left at Albuquerque.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Why not ask if they really exist or if they are only a myth like the Greek Gods were.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adstar Valued Senior Member

A lot of questions. I will have a crack at them.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yes

Believe Jesus and trust that He has Redeemed you from the Lake of Fire.

Well i don't believe i will be in heaven. I believe a kind of Heaven is coming to earth. As for the friends and family part, I do not know if we will know or remember our family and friends.

Not sure. From what i have read we will dead until we are resurrected. We may be in a kind of state of suspended animation. Like time is suspended for the dead. So for them the time between death and resurrection is a twinkling of an eye even though in our time hundreds or even thousands of years have passed.

Thats all about trusting in What God promises not in placing your hope in how worthy or unworthy you currently feel.

No idea apart from the descriptions in the bible. But the New Jerusalem is described in the book of Revelation chapter 21. If you want to have a read.

I believe so.

Hell is read. but i do not see it as eternal. The Lake of fire is eternal. To me hell is a temporary holding pen that will exists until the final Judgement. After that hell will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

I doubt it.

Paul mentioned different levels so i guess there is.

No.

I don't believe so. To me heaven is not in the Universe. It is in another reality.

It may be when Jesus returns to earth. He will judge the survivors of this world.

This is the final judgement that happens 1000 years after Jesus has returned to earth.

No.

I doubt it. There is no need for sex when there is no need for procreation. Jesus said we would be as children in eternity.

Soul sleep is a theory. As my suspended animation reply was a theory. There is basically two different beliefs in christian denominations. Those that believe a person goes immediately to heaven or the Lake of Fire the moment they die. And those that believe that people do not go to either place until after the final judgement.

The Bible says that God will judge us 1000 years after the return of the Messiah Jesus.

Well just because Heaven my or may not conform to your ideal of what is perfect does not mean it is or is not perfect. God being perfect is the measure of what perfection is. You and i being imperfect cannot gauge what perfect is.

How is eternity with God in a state of absolute joy and perfection just reward for simply believing and trusting in His will?

Read the parable of Lazarus. Seems that there where two holding places for the. One shows Lazarus with Abraham. The other was where the rich man was and there was a gulf between them that no one could cross.

Noting in the bible indicates such.

Paradise in an alternate word used when describing The New Jerusalem. But many who believe heaven is our eternal destination believe it to be Paradise.

Well... in eternity we shall have bodies like now but ones that are eternal and incorruptible. Having had a vision on this. I have looked at myself having bronze like skin with an almost mirror like quality to it. I was dressed in a wool like one piece garment absolutely pure white and it was not thin but it was about 1 and a half inches thick. I did not see my face because i was seeing things from a first person point of view. The dream only lasted about 2 seconds. Well the part i remembered only lasted 2 seconds.

Nothing. That’s a catholic tradition. The thinking of man thinks that one must do penance (suffer punishment for sins) to pay for past misdeeds and evil thoughts. But those who believe Jesus know that He has paid the price for our sins and His blood covers all our wrongs.

Nothing. that's another catholic tradition. Because the catholic church believes that one must go through the ceremony of water baptism to be saved from the lake of Fire, it had to invent a place called limbo where babies that had died before taking part in the water baptism ceremony would go to.

Nothing. that’s a hindu teaching.

Time can be the healer. But missing a loved one will always be an emotion that will come and go till the day we die.

I guess you can hope they never rejected the Saving message of Jesus. I believe it is the rejection of the salvation of Jesus that dooms one. Not the failure to accept Jesus as ones Savoir.

I don't believe we will be in heaven. As for eternity with God i doubt we will be bored. We will be changed. I doubt boredom will exists in eternity.

Scriptures do not say. Jesus said we will be as Children but this may be referring to only some qualities of childhood, not referring to age.

I believe we will have physical bodies on earth in eternity, The New Jerusalem is coming down to us. I don't believe we are going to heaven.

All History is known by God. He knew the moment of your death before you ever lived.

Nothing.

The first resurrection happens on the day of the Return of the Messiah Jesus. All those who believed Jesus will be raised from the dead at his return and shall rule the World with Him for 1000 years. Once raised from the dead we shall be in our eternal state of existence and will never die again.

The second resurrection will happen at the final judgement. This happens 1000 years after the return of the Messiah Jesus. Everyone will be raised from the dead and they shall be judged.

I don't know if we will remember our earthly lives in eternity.

God will make all things new in eternity. Creation will once again be Good. Now some believe the old Earth will be destroyed and will be replaced with a brand new earth. I believe the current earth will be changed and perfected. But i will not protest if God does it the other way.

We will not sin in eternity.

No.

I don't know. I suspect not. If there is no procreation then gender is unnecessary.

Because we live in an imperfect world.

It is called a great city. It will come out of heaven and down to earth. It will be massive. The measurement given is 12.000 furlongs by 12.000 furlongs and it is also 12.000 furlongs high. There is no solid answer to what a furlong is because different measures for a furlong. There was a greek furlong a roman furlong and others. But even if it is the smallest furlong measure the city is still massive probably over 2000miles square.

From what i have read of it, No.

It is a parable. But that does not mean that the descriptions in it have no relation to what actually exists.

Location is a universe measure. As i believe heaven is not in this universe. Questions as to its location are irrelevant.

As above.

Don't know. I suspect the first resurrection will happen in the next 40 years. But i could be very wrong.

New one to me??? Never seen it mentioned before. Please tell me about it.

Some of those words are just different words for the same location.

Hades as far as i know is Hell.

Sheol is Hell

Abraham’s bosom is not a place. In the parable Lazarus was being comforted by Abraham. They where both in a place together but Lazarus was being hugged by Abraham. Abraham’s bosom is his chest.

I think i have described the other ones above.

I believe we will see and understand the nature of God in eternity. Your question is based on a human attempt at understanding God. Therefore your question may be irrelevant.

Not sure about hell. But The lake of Fire is as its title describes a lake of fire.

Nothing. That’s another catholic adoption of paganism.

Don't think so.

All those who have believed God.

The book of life is opened and all who's names are written in there will be transformed into their eternal state and they will spend eternity with God. All those who's names are not in the book of like will be cast into the lake of fire.

Don't know.

Showing love for thoes in mourning.

Don't know.

pheww that was a long one.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days