Intelligent design not so smart.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Blindman, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Blindman Valued Senior Member

If a creator designed DNA to run life why does it stuff up so often. An endless list of problems occur because of the imperfections of DNA replication. 100's of million humans suffer from bad design.

Approx 1 in 10 people suffer from a birth defect, and about the same in nature. Intelligent design not so smart.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ja'far at-Tahir Grand Ayatollah of SciForums Registered Senior Member

"IE not so smart. I has autism, derrrrhe derr heder."

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CptBork Valued Senior Member

I've seen the Virgin Mary appear in a grilled cheese sandwich, but I ain't never seen no intelligent life spontaneously evolving out of peanut butter.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Blindman Valued Senior Member

Maybe you should spend a little more time watching your meal.. Maybe a billion years or two..

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i would say 10 in 10 suffer.

9. Yosef Registered Senior Member

So we healthy ones can appreciate what we have. God makes good and bad things happen to us. Good and bad in order to try us (as persons, parents, brothers etc...).

10. Ripley Valued Senior Member

"Intelligent design" is the not-so-intelligent nom de guerre given to an abstraction ill understood.

11. lightgigantic Banned Banned

one could also argue that the world is not intelligently designed, since we are frequently razed by bush fires, tumbled by gale force winds etc.

IOW as long as one is possessed by the value that the needs, interests and concerns of (conditioned) living entities stand at the pinnacle of any consideration of intelligent design, there is ample evidence for it not to be so.
    :shrug:

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yeah he's just funny that way. Happy Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa everyone! (that's a genetic disease that makes your skin fall off at the slightest touch)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You are correct, it isn't.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  13. CptBork Valued Senior Member

For some people, things are perfect exactly the way they are, and forest fires and cataclysms are just part of the overall natural balance. They will call this perfection and proof of intelligent design. In that case, all they're doing is resolving to call everything perfect regardless of what it turns out to be- at that point all we're doing is playing word games, so what's the point in even bothering?

14. lightgigantic Banned Banned

for as long as one is possessed by the value that the needs, interests and concerns of (conditioned) living entities stand at the pinnacle of any consideration of intelligent design, isn't it.

15. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

You need to buy a branded peanut butter, not one of these chain store economy versions.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That is the premise though. I didn't invent it.

17. lightgigantic Banned Banned

we hardly invent the values that run our world views

18. CptBork Valued Senior Member

I remember a couple of years ago, someone on these forums was arguing against evolution by pointing out we hadn't found life on other planets yet. Fool didn't realize Captain Kirk isn't born for another 250 years!

19. macon church Registered Member

Great one. CaptBork

20. Blindman Valued Senior Member

I should have know. This has had no response from the religious right at all. Oh well :shrug:

21. lightgigantic Banned Banned

... or alternatively, alluding that a higher principle of the design lies in something other than the (unchallenged) pursuit of happiness by the (conditioned) living entity.

22. Blindman Valued Senior Member

"pursuit of happiness" What....

Most animals live on the edge of starvation. Most suffer agonizing painful death. Nature as it is seen is in a constant struggle for survival.

Many humans will not find happiness even despite there own wants or rights..

23. lightgigantic Banned Banned

hence you cite all these as evidence of a design bereft of intelligence, yes?