Does anybody have a shocking piece of medical info?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Cat_with_no_eyes, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cat_with_no_eyes Registered Senior Member

A shocking medical info or any related to healthcare?

:m:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river-wind Valued Senior Member

Like what exactly? I have an auto-immune condition which is slowly killing all the nerves that handle muscle relaxation on the left side of my body. It was limited to my throat until the past few years, as its spreading to my chest. There's no known treatment that has worked; I gave up on a medical approach about 15 years ago.

I've worked with a number of people who nearly went bankrupt due to the design of the health payment system here in the US, and have dealt with it myself as well. It's a nightmare.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Holy shit. Very sorry to hear that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Shocking pieces of medical info?

Hmm, I kind of have one...

Don't ever do an abortion with a hooked instrument.

Small intestines belong INside you.

8. MarkitScience www.MarkitScience.com Registered Senior Member

9. Eric Portal Registered Member

Yes, I have an inherited malignant transmittable disease that is curable, and yet people largely do nothing about it, indeed more money is pumped into things like making softer brands of toilet paper and setting up stages for Brittany Spears than in combating it.

10. Skeptical Registered Senior Member

Organic food is no healthier to eat than conventional. That fact is shocking to food nutters.

11. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

I have a shocking news.
    :m: :m:
    Human beings, have to pee.
    Human beings have to eat, and have to breath too, to live.
    Human beings have to drink water.
    Also human beings, have to spamm around and laugh.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. WillNever Valued Senior Member

You aren't going to die from an air bubble in a needle.

13. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Really??

14. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

yup!

Its when the air bubble leaves the needle and enters your bloodstream that you have a problem

15. NO1 I Am DARKNESS Registered Senior Member

16. Mohaunthir Registered Member

Halperidol can cause sensory brain damage and one of the listed side effects of clozaril is unexpected death.

17. John99 Banned Banned

If i were injecting something into a vein i would flick the needle to ensure the syringe has no air pockets where medicine should be to ensure proper dosage to the patient. but i never heard of anyone dying from a bubble in a needle. I suppose someone would have reported on it by now. It is good practice to insecpt the syringe closely and be certain that no bubbles are present but are there any cases where someone died from an air bubble in a syring?

18. Skeptical Registered Senior Member

Normally, air injected in a syringe into a vein passes to the heart and then to the lungs, where it is filtered out. Death is rare, and happens mainly when the 'hole in the heart' syndrome permits air to pass from one side of the heart to the other, without passing the lungs.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_embolism

19. IamJoseph Banned Banned

This the first time ancient voodooism was changed to a faculty of science wherein Medicine was born. It shows the means of curable and incurable deseases, their ID, treatment, malignancies, contagious and infectious deseases and quarantine prognosis:

20. matthew809 Registered Senior Member

The mainstream health industry as a whole does not care about your health, and uses voodoo "science" to explain disease, while keeping us sick and medicated, and taking our money until we die.

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And, of course, I'll bet you have lots of evidence to back this up? The way you had "lots evidence" for your other claims.
    Oh wait, you lied about that, didn't you?

Since you have shown a remarkable inability to distinguish woo-wooism from genuine science I also doubt that "voodoo science" is something you could substantiate.

Evidence?
    Or should we just take your word for it?

22. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Nay, even if that happens, you won't get an air embolism. Not unless it is a LOT of air. Like an entire syringe full.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

source: I am a nurse who has given a ton of injections.

23. matthew809 Registered Senior Member

I didn't exactly lie. I just changed my mind about the practicality of "evidence". I realized that it was useless to present anything as evidence, because any evidence is open to interpretation/trust. Unlike you and most others on these forums, I do not have the patience to debate back and forth, back and forth, back and forth... only to arrive at the same predictable place of disagreement, over and over again, due to different interpretations of "evidence" on both sides of the argument. To me- that is the definition of insanity. I suppose I get bored quickly. That's probably why I have so few posts compared to my seniority.

I was just giving my quick opinion of the medical industry, but I'm not prepared to present evidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.