Shoot the Darky

Discussion in 'Politics' started by spidergoat, Aug 6, 2010.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What!? Was that some Antebellum pastime? A KKK board game? No, a church in Pennsylvania in 2010 created this carnival game where people are challenged to shoot a representation of a black man with the presidential seal on his belt buckle, holding a scroll labeled "health bill".

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/today/index.ssf/2010/08/post_47.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Uh, where does the name "shoot the darky" come from? Not the article. Perhaps you're race baiting?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I didn't create the goddamn game. My title is evocative of the history of racism in this country.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I can only see a game with many "figures" on the wall to shoot at. I DO NOT see the President anywhere nor his name.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I guess we need to be more clear:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Let's see, black dude in a suit, looks like Obama, same hair, presidential seal on belt buckle, health care bill in hand... who the fuck do you think that is?

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Holy crap.

10. Bells Staff Member

Well clearly you have it all wrong. The "black dude in a suit, looks like Obama, same hair, presidential seal on belt buckle, health care bill in hand.." has alien antlers on his head. So surely a bunch of racist hicks wouldn't dream of shooting black man, let alone their black President! They only dream of shooting aliens.

And one must admire lil' Johnny and his shooters pose. They breed em to be shooters out there it seems.. 'shoot the nigger lil Johnny.. just like Papa told you'..

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Then it's an insult to all Andorians. He's not even blue.

12. countezero Registered Senior Member

I thought these kind of things only happened in the South?

13. Cifo Day destroys the night, Registered Senior Member

The belt buckles reads "THE PREZ", he's wearing antennae, and the game is called "Alien Attack" (perhaps alluding to claims by the extremist "Birthers").

14. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Ah, so that it's a effigy of the POTUS isn't bad enough for you. And so while the article never says anything at all about the act being racially motivated, YOU can't seem to get passed it so in to the title a reference to his color must go.
    Cheap, dude.

Think on this, from the article the game is called "ALIEN ATTACK". Could it not be that whatever dipshit thought that this would a funny stunt was playing on the "birther" take that Obama is in fact an alien from a different country and it's a play on terms (note the antennas on his head)?

In which case color is not the issue.

But yeah, Obama happens to be brown, so it must be black vs. white.

Dig a little deeper my friend, not everyone hates Obama because he happens to be black. He's also made some political enemies here and there. I know that's hard for you to understand for some of you who still can't see past color...Reminds me of C. Mathews saying he almost forgot he was black for a second

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The issue is that people think they can get away with shooting the president in effigy because he has been portrayed by the lunatic right as alien. Also, I'm sorry if the history of lynching black people has made some of us sensitive to games about their killing.

16. Green Destiny Banned Banned

No, but it appears as though you are fueling this with an inapropriate anecdtode.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Well light up a Niggerhair cigarette and watch this:Channel 6 News Break.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Make sure and see this too.

(all clips from a Spike Lee production)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  18. Green Destiny Banned Banned

It's not a matter of me being white or black. It's the terminology you used - i don't think you understand the irrelevence nor the gravity it can cause. I suggest you be more considerate in your choice of words in the future.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I understand all too well, which is exactly why I used it.

20. Green Destiny Banned Banned

Then you have decieved us with a racially-compelling misnomer, in hope to entice attraction to an otherwise, irrellevent debate.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I remember when President Bush had all those stupid games made up for him and few made any comments about them even though they were as bad or worse than this one. Remember throw the shoes at the President??

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

On aliens

Alien Attack. Heh. What kind of alien is that, then? You know, like outer space? Or a president who "wasn't born in the U.S."?

Of course they dream of shooting aliens.

23. Doreen Valued Senior Member

A church has children shooting at bullseyes on an image of the president.
    Gotta love the way they express the spirit of Jesus and the 10 commandments and patriotism for the children.