Bush DOJ refuses to prosecute Minute Men for Voter Intimidation.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ganymede, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

http://mediamatters.org/print/blog/201007010023

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpa...93BA35752C1A9609C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=2

So here we have a case where some Mintuemen were at a polling station, harassing Hispanic voters all while carrying a loaded Pistol. This is 10 times worse than what the Black Panthers allegedly did. Where's all the outrage? Where's Fox News on this? No where because it doesn't fit into their narrative. I didn't see any Blacks condemn the Bush administration for dropping this case because they were White. This goes to show you how petty, stupid, and hypocritical the Republicans and Libertarians are.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Really Ganymede? I don't see any mention of a Glock 9mm in either article.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

That's because you're blind. Read the articles again. Notice, the last time I edited my post was yesterday.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

sigh...

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Ganymede, from your own citation;

The only items carried as noted in your further citation, were cameras, no guns, and a camera is a far cry from a 9mm Glock.

And a Camera is a far cry from a nightstick, a paramilitary uniform, and a confrontational aggressive attitude.

9. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Volunteer election monitors say three men armed with a video camera and a gun were intimidating voters at various polling stations throughout Tucson during voting on Tuesday.

From about 9:45 a.m. to noon, the men approached Hispanic voters as they attempted to enter Iglesia Bautista Kairos, 4502 S. 12th Ave. in precinct 25, said Diego Bernal, a lawyer with the Mexican American Legal Defense Fund.

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/local/31837.php

Give it up Buffalo. This case is much worse, but since they were harassing non-white voters you frankly don't give a damn.

10. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Solution: stop voting. There aren't enough good people on the ballot to make much of a difference anyway.

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Ganymede,

First Point;

Voter Intimidation, is Voter Intimidation, the Law was demonstrable violated, and weapons were present, as shown by video in the Black Panther case.

Second Point.

Volunteer election monitors? and exactly who were those monitors? political agenda?, independence?

The Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund reported the incident to the FBI.

Don't sound too independent does it?

Point Three.

It was investigated by the FBI, and if they found nothing, guess what? they can't charge anyone for anything, or has it become a crime to protest illegal immigration.

Point Four.

Their is ample video of the Black Panthers with weapons at the polling station, within the 75 foot limit, and making res gesti statements of intent.

Point Five.

The Law, and it's enforcement, is not subject to equivalency.

12. navigator Registered Senior Member

I am not sure I see the connection between this voter intimidation case and accusations of voter intimidation that never made it to court. I am sure that there were some people that got away with voter intimidation in the past. However in the Black Panther case the court has already determined that there was in fact voter intimidation, but before the judge handed down his ruling against the defendants, the case was dropped minus an injuction against the one holding the baton. It was a slap on the wrist that was mocked by the Black Panthers.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  13. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

When were the charges first reduced? Thank you in advance.

14. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

The video of the Black Panthers showed no such intimidation. The only ones who were being harassed were them by conservative operatives who were searching for a justifiable reason to publicly air their grievances against a group they have historically been apathetic towards. There were multiple witness who saw the minute men, armed, and actively going up to Hispanics and interrogating them. The Black Panthers did no such thing.

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Ganymede? the video speaks for it's self, and only a left wing radicle partisan hack couldn't see that.

The Court had already found that there was Voter Intimidation.

16. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Where the hell is the supposedly liberal mainstream media to clarify the intent of the two New Black Panther Party dudes at the philly polling place? I guessed correctly that those guys where there to intimidate any outsiders that the Republicans might send in to do dirty tricks to stop local voters from voting. But I had to get my corroboration from Michael Malkin of all people.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/11/04/black-panther-intimidation-at-the-polls/

Voter intimidation was not the goal of those guys but the supposedly liberal media repeats the voter intimidation line as if that was their goal. So far I can't find the name of any intimidated voter in this case. I am not saying that the New Black Panther Party is not racist nutcases but their concern about the possible suppression of black voters in Pennsylvania is not entirely unreasonable given past history.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  17. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

The video clearly shows the jaded White guy walking up to the Black Guys and interrogating them(Not the other way around). The video also showed White people walking in the polling station. You racist Republicans are so desperate to play the race card that's it's actually comical.

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, Ganymede, anything you want to believe, but again the video speaks for it's self, weapons were present, and again the video speaks for it's self, the Black Panthers spoke for themselves, their own words, recorded for posterity.

Race Cards, all the Trump Cards are from the Democratic Party shaved deck.

19. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

You're a bald face liar. Please tell me at what time on the tape did the Black Panthers intimidate anyone, or said one racist comment. Also, only one of them had a night stick. Lastly, when Obama came into office his DOJ freed the disgraced Alaskan Senator Ted Stevens who was prosecuted by the Bush DOJ.

I guess the DOJ did that cause they were racist right? Lastly, the original charges against the Black Panthers were dropped by the BUSH DOJ not Obama's.

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Ganymede, the facts, 2009,

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ce-department-racial-bias-black-panther-case/

Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Perez

Thomas Edward Perez (born October 7, 1961) is the Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice. An American politician, consumer advocate and civil rights lawyer, Perez had served as Secretary of the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (DLLR) from January 2007, when he was appointed to that position by Governor Martin O'Malley, until his October 2009 confirmation by the United States Senate as Assistant Attorney General.

Appointed in Oct. 2009, that makes Him a Obama appointee.

And Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez, doesn't do a thing not approved by the Attorney General Eric Himpton Holder, Jr., who doesn't do a thing with out instructions of the President, Barack Hussein Obama II

Eric Himpton Holder, Jr. Attorney General

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Holder

Eric Himpton Holder, Jr. (born January 21, 1951) is the 82nd and current Attorney General of the United States, confirmation by the full Senate on February 2, 2009.

Again, Ganymede, a Obama man, and now who is the bald faced liar?

Who doesn't have His facts straight?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

This means that the case was downgraded to a civil case 11 days before Obama was inaugurated, 26 days before Eric Holder became attorney general, and about nine months before Thomas Perez was confirmed as head of the Civil Rights Division.

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/...2010&base_name=when_was_the_new_black_panther

Buffalo, it's just to easy to diffuse each and every one of your selective partisan observations.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And your partisan hack link proves what?

New Black Panther Case Spurs Civil Rights Commission to Challenge ...
    Jul 14, 2010 ... The trial team is ordered to dismiss case against the NBPP, chairman Malik Zulu Shabazz, and Jackson. Monday, May 18, 2009. Court enters default judgment against ... by endurorob_5 July 15, 2010 9:41 AM EDT: Sorry, meant Holder. ... not only give the GOP yet another black eye during the election, ...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504564_162-20010581-504564.html

Now why would the Obama DOJ refuse to let the former top voting rights section lawyer testify before the commission?

23. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Your links contained nothing but partisan punditry and innuendo. Here's the a copy of Thomas Perez's testimony from a Government website.

http://www.usccr.gov/NBPH/05-14-2010_NBPPhearing.pdf

The case was first downgraded on January the 7th, Obama wasn't inaugurated until January the 20th, Eric Holder, February the 3rd. This is just another desperate attempt by the GOP to turn White Voters against Obama. You guys play the race card on every single thing he does, and I mean everything.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010