Do Animals Live Everywhere on Earth?

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by alex sam, Jul 22, 2010.

1. alex sam Registered Member

The climate of the earth varies a great deal from place to place, yet animals can adapt and survive under almost all conditions.

Some creatures, like the snail, can survive temperatures of 50 degrees below zero, while certain one-celled animals can live in water with a temperature of over 120 degrees.

Man can live in the frozen wastes of Siberia, where the temperature may reach 75 degrees below zero, or in the broiling desert where temperatures climb to over 125 degrees.

Some fish live in the deepest parts of the ocean, where the pressure of the water is so great that no person could survive there even for a moment. Goats and llamas live high in the mountains where only mosses grow.

Camels and kangaroo rats live in the hottest deserts, along with cacti and insects, while penguins and seals live in the frozen polar regions. In fact, almost every square foot of soil on earth contains worms, insects, and one-celled animals, and every drop of water contains tiny plants and animals.

We can say that, except for the coldest regions of the North and South Poles, and a few completely barren parts of the deserts and mountains, animals live everywhere on earth.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Haven't you answered your own question?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I have even found animals living in my ears!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr MacGillivray Banned Banned

I firmly believe that animals also live in the coldest regions of the north pole.

8. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

They only live near or on the surface (sky, first few kilometers of depth of the land). Below that it's too hot/molten/hellish. No animals at the center of the earth.

9. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

Well the north and south poles are by no means the coldest places on earth. By this, I mean that the coldest temperatures at the north pole are a good 20 degrees warmer than the coldest place in northerm hemisphere. The same can be said for South pole and the coldest place in the southern hemisphere.

10. Dredd Dredd Registered Senior Member

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

There are a couple of species which, by themselves, have done a remarkable job of colonizing most of the planet.
    • First, wolves: all the continents except Australia and Antarctica. And since wolves and dogs are a single species, they enlisted our aid in taking them there too.

• Later, humans: almost every land mass large enough to build a dwelling.
    Given how relentlessly some individual species have populated most of the planet, it's no surprise that the animal kingdom in aggregate has populated all of it.

12. Mr MacGillivray Banned Banned

you left out rats and politicians.

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Rats are not a single species like humans and wolves/dogs. There are more than fifty different species of rats.

14. Mr MacGillivray Banned Banned

You left out brown and black rats.

15. Emil Valued Senior Member

Also live in my belly.

16. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Those that can sing do especially well:

Nessun Dooooormaaaaaah