apacalypse

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by divine sapience, Aug 20, 2002.

1. divine sapience Registered Senior Member

is it only abviouse that the end is comming soon jihad,
    anticrist,comet,clones artificial intelligence etc...
    or am i just being brain washed by messangers which speak in tounghs through the emcee element of hip hop..
    ONE

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

you are brainwashed...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Welcome to sciforums, divine sapience.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

The end will come if we screw up.

Those of us who do not believe in fate will do everything we can to ensure survival of the human race, despite those fatalists who sit back and think they cannot make a difference.

So yes you are brainwashed. Oh and welcome to sciforums BTW.

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

The end will come if we don't screw up too, it's inevitable. Then it all starts anew. What we can do, is to face the end gracefully or with fear. Enjoy the end.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2002
  9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

if you're talking about the collapse of our universe then it will be billions and billions of years.
    If we manage to survive all that time (which is quite optimistic) then our technology should allow us to
    1) either create a new universe
    2) go back in time

imagine- all our civilisation goes to 60m years before ad and starts anew. Or maybe even before our earth formed. Back to the first billion of years of our universe.

If we could do it, then our civilisation would have no boundries- we could live in all 4th dimension and every time going back in time from the collapse of the universe.
    not to get overcrowded- every time to a different galaxy

the ultimate answer is an ultimate time travel technology , which would allow massive transfers

not going back to our time , not to screw up our own past, which lead to creating that time travel technology

10. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

"imagine- all our civilisation goes to 60m years before ad and starts anew. Or maybe even before our earth formed. Back to the first billion of years of our universe.

If we could do it, then our civilisation would have no boundries- we could live in all 4th dimension and every time going back in time from the collapse of the universe.
    not to get overcrowded- every time to a different galaxy"

Maybe that is what we are doing all the time?

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I thought of the same , but thought that it is a too wild assumption, but theoretically it may be correct

and it would be great if it is

12. BloodSuckingGerbile Master of Puppets Registered Senior Member

Welcome to Sciforums, divine sapience.

I think going back to 60 million ad everytime the universe collapses will get boring after a few million billion zillion years.

I mean, the human race will solve every single problem by then, mathematical, philosophical, medical, you name it and it will also reach such a level that there is nothing more to explore and thus we will not be able to satisfy our need to explore, our property of being curious. The human race by then is going to know how to manipulate space and time, create something from nothing, break the laws of physics, be the god of the universe.

So I think it's kinda pointless. Personally, I prefer to meet the apocalypse face to face. The universe is going to collapse anyway (if it actually does), and then everything is going to start all over.

It's the ultimate dilemma.

13. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

Divine,

Just curious....who do you listen to?

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

hmmm ____ I've been observing humans

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and studiead a lot of history and can tell you that humans - no matter of culture or race always take the tinyest chance of survival-

they will try to survive, even if it's almost or is impossible.

it's a characteristic of our species

and besides- if we could be gods- whoa- create new universes and explore them

problem solved

15. BloodSuckingGerbile Master of Puppets Registered Senior Member

It's kinda weird to create universes and explore them...

It's like writing poems and then analyzing them. I think it's weird.

If someone observes us then, he would think we're totally bored. :bugeye:

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I like to do that actually.
    I write them and later analyse them to make them better and when they're completed, analyse my emotions which are enclosed in the poem.

latter I've been writing a lot in latvian though. I get a lot better poems in my native language. I can play with it better

it's like you put in all the ingredients and shake them well, with no idea, what will come out.
    I think that it would be wonderful to explore self made universes.

our mind also is that kind of a universe

17. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Exactly, we would be bored if we didn't do it. So it all comes down to the question, to be or not to be, what do you chose? To be. So, HOW would you like to BE?
    Well, let's create some universes and find out.

18. Firefly Registered Senior Member

And before it too!

Though it seems a logical assumption that there have been previous predictions of doom, that aren't true. There was the whole millenium bug thing, which was a bit of an anti-climax

There have also been many other civilisations in the past that would have considered themselves civilised, I'm sure they had doomsday prophecies. Maybe it's something every society has?