07-07-10, 07:36 AM #1
Well it is the time of year once again where they have the running of the bulls in Spain. I do not think this is a very good idea for the bulls nor the humans who sometimes die or get trampled upon. Then they put the bulls into the bullring and a Matador "fights " the bull. This isn't a fight at all because they stick the bull with 10 to 20 knives through their shoulder blades where it makes it hard to move and blood is coming out all over the bull. If this is what shows that a Matador is courageous and brave then why not let the bull fight him with nothing stuck into it? To me this only shows cowerdice and inhumanity towards the bull and represents stupidity and weakness on humans part. Let them do away with this "sport" or at least let the bull have a fair playing field. What do you think?
07-07-10, 08:00 AM #2
Bullfighting sucks. You like fighting, learn some kickboxing, jujitsu or whatever, and fight in a fair match with a consenting adult who chose to get on the mat with you.
07-07-10, 12:40 PM #3
I think it's barbaric to kill or injure an animal except under certain circumstances:
1) Self defense.
2) You intend to eat it.
3) Euthanizing a suffering animal.
4) It's destroying your property (like rodents eating a farmer's crops).
The town I live in has "humane" bullfights, where the bull isn't actually killed or injured. It apparently has something to do with the culture of the large Portuguese population that we have.
07-07-10, 07:25 PM #4
I suppose it's a little foolish, but then any sport is if it doesn't happen to be one you like. It is indeed humane, and on the cruelty scale it is certainly waaaay better than eating them.
07-08-10, 05:01 AM #5
1) Preemptive defense for example. You don't always have to kill or hurt the animal(s). There are more respectful options available most of the time.
2) There is no reason to hunt and kill wild animals for food if there is plenty of meat available at the store.
3) I just hope people are not euthanizing wild animals that don't need to be euthanized. Also, when you're talking about pets, you should do anything within your abilities to nurse it back to health if that is at all possible.
I hate to see pets put down because of a broken leg and the owner just thinks it's cheaper to go buy a new one. Pets come with responsibility.
4) See 1) There are probably better methods than killing the animals.
By wsionynw in forum Ethics, Morality, & JusticeLast Post: 12-20-10, 01:59 PMReplies: 43