Is the sun shining brighter?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by matthew809, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthew809 Registered Senior Member

I remember as a kid I was always told not to look directly at the sun, but I always did it anyway. It was easy for me to do in fact, and it didn't really bother my eyes too much at all. It was also very easy to make out the border of the sun from any glare surrounding the sun.

But now, I just recently noticed, that the sun seems so much brighter. It's nearly impossible to look directly at the sun. It's just so bright, and the glare around it is so big it's even a little hard to see the sun's edge. Has anyone else noticed this too?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The sun has different phases, it has a 11 year sun spot phase as well. Scientists have done ice bore samoling and found there's been hotter climates as well as cooler ones over millions of years according to those ice core samples. So I'd think that the sun would seem to be shinning brighter if there was a shifting into a heat phase. You have heard about the climate getting warmer right?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Probably you damaged your vision if you did that very often. Have you had an eye test lately?

What latitude are you at, by the way? Do you live in Alaska?

If anything, it is not quite as bright. Solar activity is quite low at the moment, if I remember correctly. But it's not something you'd notice with the naked eye.

What might be happening is that the pupil of your eye can't contract as well as it used to when you were younger, so more light gets into your eye than it did before and therefore the sun seems brighter to you.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. soullust Registered Senior Member

Hey there could be something to what he is saying, I find the sun brighter too.

And I still feel global warming is the cause of solar issues too, I know it is.

All the planets in our solar system are warming not just earth.

8. matthew809 Registered Senior Member

I've also noticed that I don't see stars anymore. When I was younger I would see a field of stars all the time. I've always lived in the city yet I still have many fading memories of pointing out the big dipper from amongst many stars. I haven't seen a sky full of stars in many years.

So here we have a sun shining much brighter, and a night-sky lacking stars. What's the connection? Here's what I think.

The sun really is getting brighter and our government knows this. They are spraying the sky with reflective particles everyday in a hope to decrease the effect of this brighter sun, and keep the population unaware of what is happening(chem-trails). When the military is caught doing this, the usual excuse is that they are testing out a new type of radar-jamming technique. And of course the conspiracy nuts latch onto the idea that chem-trails are sprayed in order to infect the populace with harmful chemicals.

And of course these reflective particles in the upper atmosphere would also have the effect of partially blocking out the stars at night, as well as reflective glare from the glow of cities(it's like trying to look through a window at night when the lights are on).

http://www.infowars.com/scientists-admit-chemtrails-are-creating-artificial-clouds-2/

So what what do you guys think? And before answering, please take the time to actually look up at the sky and see for yourself.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

The sun shining brighter is, so far, anecdotal. I doubt it's "real".
    As for the stars I suggest it's either increased urban lighting, poor weather or selective memory. I have little problem viewing, neither does my brother-in-law who's an amateur astronomer.

Supposition. On both counts.

Pure nonsense.

And anyone with any knowledge could shoot down that "excuse" so it's unlikely they'd use it. Can you post a link where they've claimed this?

Ah yes, a crank site. You'll note that despite the title, "Scientists Admit Chemtrails Are Creating Artificial Clouds", what the scientist actually said (and it's quoted in the article) was "This causes water vapour emitted by the engines to crystallise and form the familiar white streaks across the sky, known as contrails".
    And you'll also note that the article states "this high-level cloud could cover the sky, turning bright sunshine into hazy conditions for the entire area". In other words the sun seems to be less bright to a ground-based observer.

Bearing in mind I pointed out the constellation Cassiopeia to my sister not so long back what do you think I'm going to say? It's a dull overcast ten-thirty PM evening here, (in preparation for tomorrow's promised rain), otherwise I'd take a photo of the stars and post it...

10. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Actually there is another potential which doesn't involve looking at the sun, what it actually involves is if a person sleeps less than 8 hours a day and stays up more than 16 hours a day, it's also if their diet consists of various junkfoods and fizzy drinks and if they spend alot of their time in artificial lighting or looking at a computer screen. These things can actually effect the optics nerve and the overall nerve system causing the body to react as if light is brighter.

11. Kernl Sandrs Registered Senior Member

:bugeye: It's as if you stalk me...

12. matthew809 Registered Senior Member

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article696586.ece

http://willthomasonline.net/willthomasonline/Chemtrails_On_German_TV.html

Yet it's significantly brighter.

I admit, the effect is greater depending on where you live as well as other environmental conditions. Although you'd think that I would have seen some stars at some point over the last many years, but I haven't. When I was a kid living in Philly, I would see star fields all the time despite the smog and city lights. Now there's much less smog and pollution in the air due to much tougher emission standards. My whole town went dark last week in Exton, PA. It was the darkest I've ever seen it. The sky was completely clear as well. I still did not see the stars.

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

So it's getting brighter because air pollution is decreasing.

Doesn't cut it. I asked if you had links where the military used "radar spoofing" as an excuse, not where someone else claimed it for them.

I'd still suggest that this claim is selective memory.

Um, if it was the darkest you'd ever seen how do you know the sky was clear?

14. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Sciforums Has you..!!!!!1111oneoneNeo.

15. D H Some other guy Valued Senior Member

Moved to pseudoscience.

Hmmm: On second thought:
    Hmmm: On second thought: This is cesspool material.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.