How exactly is Christianty a Monotheistic Religion?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by krazedkat, Jun 21, 2010.

1. krazedkat IQ of "Highly Gifted"-"Genius" Registered Senior Member

Please, I would like an explanation. You see, in the Torah, it states that we are to believe in one God, THE GOD. Now here comes along Jesus, some human being. Not only is the worship of Jesus polytheism but it is also idoltry. How can you consider yourselfs polytheists?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

it isn't its henotheistic.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. WillNever Valued Senior Member

It is monotheistic. Christians believe in the Trinity, which is that God has three states: the father, the son, and the holy spirit. They are all one God, not multiple gods.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Catholics have a whole pantheon of saints who are said to act for certain specific situations and subjects. Monotheism can't survive very long, especially in multicultural societies. Once you believe in one God, that opens the door to believing in all sorts of supernatural entities.

8. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

So much for highly gifted, genius iq.

9. krazedkat IQ of "Highly Gifted"-"Genius" Registered Senior Member

@Photizo: What exactly do you mean by that?
    @WillNever: They also state Jesus as the SON of God. Contradictions... Ta ta.

10. WillNever Valued Senior Member

You need to go to some website to read about the the Christian idea of God existing in different states. You either don't understand it or are taking figurative ideas in a literal sense or both.

11. krazedkat IQ of "Highly Gifted"-"Genius" Registered Senior Member

The trinity must have been thought of post bible, right? Is it in the bible?

12. WillNever Valued Senior Member

I think he is a jewish teenaged punk with a bone to pick with christians. It's a pretty common phenomenon as jewish kids come to the realization that christians, as Ann Coulter once put it, seem like "perfected jews."

Jews believe in just the old testament. Christians believe in both the old and the new testaments. It makes jews feel like they are worshipping just half of a religion. A lot of jews carry a deep-seated inferiority complex related to this phenomenon. As for me, I don't subscribe to any formal religion so I can safely say all this with a very even-handed approach.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

LOL, if the religion is perfect, it needs no updating. Jews view Jesus as a radical priest. If anything, they feel superior because they are God's chosen people and they were among the first monotheists. The fact is Christianity incorporated many Pagan concepts, either deliberately or as a natural result of it's integration with formerly pagan societies.

14. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Halt. First, do you believe in any of the above god-myths?

15. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Spidergoat, I know you are jewish and/or descended from jewish people. That is why you are exhibiting cognitive dissonance in the matter.

However, most jews feel VERY inferior to Christians. If you want to really insult a practicing jewish person, then simply refer to Jesus as "King of the jews" in front of them. When that term was coined, it was not meant as a slight... but it enrages jews all the same.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. superstring01 Moderator

You're stating a fact. I'd like to see you support that with something concrete beyond your usual rhetoric.

~String

17. Doreen Valued Senior Member

So, let me see. There is a religion without paradoxes? Which one is that?

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's not inferiority, it's resentment that they don't at least have the dignity to call themselves Jewish, which they are- a radical Jewish sect.

19. WillNever Valued Senior Member

One example is the very common jewish accusation that christianity is polytheistic. We are seeing that right now in this thread -- and you can read about that claim all over the internet. The argument itself makes the assumption that Jesus himself was a God separate from that of God the father.

As well, read some articles about the attempted stifling of Christmas songs in public schools, by militant jews.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  20. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Rather, christianity is an evolved form.
    Tony Kushner, a gay jewish playwright, once wrote "Christians believe in forgiveness, and jews just believe in guilt." He was correct.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

which is henotheism. henotheism is multiple deities which are facets of one.

22. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Nay, there are not multiple deities. At least not in the sense that christians interpret the concept of a deity, which is all that matters in this case.

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

dieties is the wrong word. henotheistic faiths have one god that presents in multiple forms