Gallup: Largest Republican Lead Ever in Generic Congressional Ballot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Jun 2, 2010.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

For you skeptics, this is Gallup, not Rasmussen. And they've recently found the largest Republican lead in the Generic Congressional Ballot since Gallup started polling.

Republicans Jump Out To Historic Lead In Gallup Generic Ballot

Add to this, Republicans are fired up and hold a 15 point edge in enthusiasm which should magnify the
    Republican's lead thru greater turnout and we're looking at an electoral doomsday for the Democrats.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I see Fox friend Rassmusen is out rallying the troops again. We saw how well it worked for them last election.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

generic ballots mean shit

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Black Jack Gen. "Black Jack" Pershing Registered Senior Member

I was about to say, "Gallup polls don't mean a thing if you don't get into office the next term"

Seriously though, why does it always have to be Democrats or Republicans? I'm tired of party affiliations... tired of the brand name politicians. I wanna vote for a PERSON, not a party agenda.

Besides, both parties do more to support one another than they do to oppose... a lot of their major policies are similar if not identical, it's only their social issues that they truly differ on.

Just sayin'...

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Gallup is a better poll. They are not pushing a political agenda as is Rassmusen.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/politics.aspx

Their poll shows a generic Republican ahead of a generic Democrat. But there is just one little problem. In the fall, there will not be a generic Republican or Democrat on the ballot.

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

joe, if a polling agency can be bought as you claim? why are the ones that you favor, in support of Obama and Your Democrats not up for sale also?

It isn't as if Obama and the Democrats aren't known for staging public perceptions for political purpose, and haven't been caught more than once planting questions and stories.

Was Question For Michelle Another Plant? | Sweetness & Light
    May 19, 2010 ... Instead, Mrs. Obama calmly answered the question as if it had been about those ... Hillary Planted Questions Back In 1999 · Hillary Gets Caught With Her Plants Down ... 2nd graders are sure up on their current events these days! ... happens to ask a political question of national/world importance? ...

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/did-kid-botch-her-question-for-michelle - 49k - Cached - Similar pages
    NY Times Bashes Obama's HuffPo Question As “Staged,” But Hailed ...
    Jun 25, 2009 ... Is it really a coincidence that the same “staged” event that's provoking ... 08: 38 AM EST | Categories: Iran, President Obama, political media .... Again, slowly, THIS WASN'T A PLANTED QUESTION. Obama, like Bush, has a ...

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/p...but-hailed-bushs-mission-accomplished-moment/ - 63k - Cached - Similar pages

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

First, where did I say polling agencies can be bought? They can be manipulated as can accounting firms (e.g. health insurance commisioning of special reports created to yield predefined results). There is a difference.

The rest of your post makes absoutely no sense. Do you have proof of any of your allegations? I suspect not...which is ususally the case with you. I am sure I will get a bunch of chaff but no proof.

11. iceaura Valued Senior Member

That is good news?

You have been, perhaps, out of the country for a couple of decades?
    It is quite possible that the US electorate will vote Republican this fall.

The electorate that watched W&Co take office on electoral fraud and supreme Court interference, deregulate Wall Street and turn the US banking system over to hedge fund speculators, fail to either prevent or punish the worst attack on US citizens at home since the Civil War, and start two botched and semi-permanent land wars in Asia using cash-paid mercenaries and political cronies for much of the never-audited logistics,

and then re-elected W&Co, possibly with a majority of the vote on top of electoral fraud redux,

is capable of voting for almost anything, even the open sewer that the Republican Party has become.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  12. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Bravo.

The bickering isn't getting us anywhere, and it's all because of parties. George Washington had it right when he predicted that parties would divide the nation.

13. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Normally that is true, but I think it is clear that the Republicans are motivated and that their message of dissatisfaction is resonating with the majority of Americans. I think the dissatisfaction is often misplaced...as I think the real issue is the new malaise that Americans are feeling and not some of the issues otherwise identified (like where Obama spends Memorial Day or, God forbid, the belief that Obama will "destroy" America).

Conservative/Tea Party turnout will be high, and liberal turnout will be comparatively low (as will moderate turnout).

Plus mid-term elections are usually a rough patch for any administration.

I am sensing a coming bloodbath as well. The best I can hope for is that the people elected are more than just ranting demagogues (though my hopes are not high).

The very curious thing will be when the conservatives have their candidates in place (as they eventually will, this election or later) and all the things that won't come to pass as a result: like smaller government, a dismantling of the "wall of separation," a reduction in the national debt, etc. The economy may turn around, of course. Not beccause of conservative policies, mind you, but just because that is bound to happen eventually, just like every period of rain is eventually followed by a sunny day.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I think the latter with respect to the economic turnaround may be wishful thinking on your part Pandaemoni. We are looking at a very radicalized Republican Party running for office this fall. If they win, I cannot wait for them to start telling their followers that they are taking away their Social Security and Medicare.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It will be a big suprise for many of them, after the fact.

I am not so pessimistic in regards to the fall election. A few minutes ago I heard a speech given today by Obama. It was great, he was quite frank and to the point and he called out the Republicans on their crazyness. If he does more of that and the Democrats take his lead, they may have a good chance this fall.

The good news is the Democrats are on the right side of the issues this time around. They just need to communicate their message better and more effectively. Obama did that for the first time in a very long time this afternoon. Let's hope this is the begining of better days.

The Republican plan, if enacted, would lead to economic chaos. I wonder if they are dumb enough or have enough balls to enact their stated plans if elected. If they do, it is time to wall up the windows and stock up on food and arms.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/293845-1

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  15. Black Jack Gen. "Black Jack" Pershing Registered Senior Member

Yup... there's much that can be said about how parties ruin things in this and many other countries. They cause people to run in generalized brackets and in order to be sponsored to get on the ticket they have to accept beliefs that are not their own, and/or reject others that are in order to push a party agenda.

There are also certain ironies to the party system as well... like when it comes to people who are Atheist, and align themselves with one party or the other, and then defend it religiously.

Another irony is that America was founded because the people here wanted to be as free and independent as they could possibly be with the knowledge that a civilized and unobstructive government made of the people by the people for the people was keeping things in order, and upholding the law. Then along comes this party system that forces people to vote for what is essentially a cookie cutter guy-in-a-suit who may have had their own values and convictions at some time or another, but now bases his or her agenda on what his party is trying to achieve. It sickens me to know that our countries path is decided the same way most large corporations decide their quarterly actions plans... by the bottom line.

16. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

I agree. The way I see it, we need a President that has no party. Someone who's only goal is to serve this country and all those who call it their home. But the chances of that happening are slim.

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

This country is unfortunately; for, of and by the special monied interests in Washington, DC. There needs to be a change in the Constitution that thwarts the power of money in Washington. Decisions need to be made in favor of the public interest and the public good rather than the wants and desires of the special few. Government in Washington and in state capitals around the country needs to become the government we were all taught that it was many years ago when we went to school.

18. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

You mean to say "since Gallup started polling for the 2010 midterm election." Likewise to the thread title: this is not the "largest Republican lead ever," but the "largest Republican lead in the polling for the upcoming election." We're only talking about 3 months' worth of polling data, here. From what I can tell, the author of your Real Clear Politics article needs a better editor.

And the lead in question is 49% to 43%, by the way. This is hardly what I'd call a record-setting, historical development.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/139331/Republicans-Move-Ahead-Generic-Ballot-Congress.aspx

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

When will we get over this Democrat-Republican establishment? They're both for bigger government: one into your wallet, the other into your bedroom. Seriously, this is getting old.

20. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

It is, but the politicians aren't going to stop. We as the voters need to stop the cycle.

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Good luck with that. I really don't care about politics much anymore. I just want Texas to secede and be done with it. Then we can leave comrade Obama to pick up the tab for all this debt as we sit back and laugh at the leftists.

22. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Texas leaving would be good for the country. most places would shift out of it back to the Us and it would help the liberal states get more of their tax revenue spent in their state as we won't have to support texas.

23. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Texas is a donor state; we don't need D.C support. Let's also not forget that it's something like a third of all military servicemen come from Texas, and Texas has one of the largest and most powerful economies in the world. Yes, in the words of Sam Houston, "The US needs Texas more than Texas needs the US".