We Do NOT Have Free Speech In America!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Anarcho Union, May 21, 2010.

1. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

Now dont you dare pull the, "You wouldnt be able to say that if we didnt" speach because thats not the definition of free speech. Free speech includes free expression, which we do not have in this country.
    Proof of this statement;
    It is ILLEGAL to show Neo-Nazi or racist beliefes of any kind in a public area and those who do can be arrested for hate crimes.
    I was suspended and put under investagation for being in a violent and racist gang/movement because of writing the Anarchy sign.
    Students were suspended for wearing the American flag to school.
    Students at my school have been suspended multiple times for the confediret flag.
    Ect. Ect. Ect.

Look, I DO NOT agree and flat out hate Neo-Nazis and racist biggot fucks. But its not my right, or anyone elses to tell people what they can and cannot believe.
    I do not pledge allengence to the flag of the United States. But its a disgrace that people were suspened for wearing it.
    I think the rebel flag is not something to be proud of. But Its not the schools right to tell someone that they cant show it off.
    ect. ect. ect.

Stop and think, we do not have true freedom of speech because society and government has limited, censored, and opressed it to death.
    We either have free speech or we dont. Thats black and white.
    We do not have freedom of expression, thus we do not have free speech.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Dam, you sure hit it on the head.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

Wow, someone agreed with me for once :bravo: lol

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, yeah that's illegal, but so what? I don't want that kind of speech. If it's a flaw in the law...well, good. Fine with me.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You celebrated too soon. Now comes death.

9. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

So what? Yeah, youre right so what.
    I'll tell you, because it is WRONG to prosacute and even jail someone because of what they believe.
    Plus, this is the opening door to restrection of religion (already happening.) Censoring of the press and media (already happening.) And many other little "freedoms" that we take for granted.

10. soullust Registered Senior Member

Um please state The United states, There are other Americans, too you know,

I live In Canada and am Canadian, But all Canadians are Americans as well.

And we can say and do as we please, if it is personal opinion, or personal belief.

11. John99 Banned Banned

apparently he is talking about high school. things are much different when you get out of h.s.

12. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Someone In Canada got busted because their kid was racist and they were charge with something like inciting hatred/teaching hatred to minors or some B.S That's when I knew Canada didn't have completely free speech anymore.

Those that are "for this". It kinda like safety laws, the most oppressive laws are always for your own "good". It carries on and on and you won't notice till something you like or believe in becomes illegal. To even think it. Then you realize you are fucked and it's too late. Or maybe you are a fucking lemming and could live in a government provided box and be happy as a pig in it's own shit.. I don't know...

13. soullust Registered Senior Member

Damn, are you seriouse..

Man, i am really getting disgusted. with how little freedoms we are starting to have in the west.

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I dunno; usually that's enough. :shrug:

15. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

No it isn't. There are no hate speech laws in the US. And a "hate crime" is just a sentencing category - you have to be convicted of a regular crime before the issue of "hate" would even come up.

What is true is that minors in schools have incomplete free speech rights in that specific setting.