Dreams and Teeth

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Danny G, May 17, 2010.

1. Danny G "Listen.. you smell something" Registered Senior Member

argh,
    I Keep dreaming that my teeth are being either put through a lot of pain or destroyed, its horrible.
    The other night I had an Allen Key stuck between the two front teeth, and to get it out I had to break them.. weird eh?

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr MacGillivray Banned Banned

You might be grinding your teeth in your sleep.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Danny G "Listen.. you smell something" Registered Senior Member

haha, dont think ill be clicking a link to a Lady gaga tune, shes horrid.
    I dont believe in dreams telling me things or interpreting them, just find it strange that
    my mind is obsessed with my teeth when im asleep, but im willing to take Mr MacGillivray's answer about the fact i might be grinding them.

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Then why on Earth did you post it in the parapsychology section?

9. Danny G "Listen.. you smell something" Registered Senior Member

Apologies, My Noob Mistake.
    It was the only section with Dreaming as a sub-Title, didnt want to upset any Moderator.

10. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

It's not an uncommon dream, it's just defined by a subconscious anxiety about not being tardy for the most part. Namely if you dream of your teeth decaying, that's your subconscious worrying about not brushing, or brushing too much.

As for physical damage, I guess the simplest answer is that you are retroactively condition to know if something is going to hurt you, in the instance of the Allen key you would of assumed what pain would of felt like through the empathy of losing your teeth. You find that if you would to perhaps jeopardise yourself in the future by doing something that could threaten your teeth, you'll think twice.

11. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

This is a clear indication that your head is working loose and that you need to tighten the screws in the back of your throat that hold your head onto your spinal column.
    The fact that you dreamt of Allen Keys is evidence that your particular retaining screw is a Cap Head type (some people have Pozidriv, some people have the old simple slot type and a few have hex-head screws), and the part about getting it stuck is a reminder that you MUST make sure you get the correct size. I.e. is your screw metric or UNF/ UNC?

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  12. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I think you need some radioactive therapy.

13. John99 Banned Banned

he is fixated with teeth.

14. Danny G "Listen.. you smell something" Registered Senior Member

.. or allen keys?

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Is this Bender?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That's obviously Matt Groening

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Dream interpretation usually says that dreams like that have to do with the actual state of your teeth. In other words, there is something wrong with your teeth.

18. mordea Registered Senior Member

What the fuck are you crapping on about?

Dreaming about your tooth being in pain, under pressure, loose, falling out or breaking is often a sign that you have bruxism.

To the OP. Do you have sensitive or sore teeth, especially on waking up in the morning? If so, is this soreness localised to one tooth, or is it spread across many teeth? Is your jaw joint sore when waking up in the morning? Have you asked anyone who lives with you whether your grind your teeth while sleeping?

I *strongly* suggest that this poster go see a dentist for review, and have a look for any sign of excessive tooth wear.

19. Danny G "Listen.. you smell something" Registered Senior Member

well, i'm not in any pain but i do need a filling rep[aired as the side of the tooth is missing exposing the filling, so that needs drilling out and re filling, but its not giving any pain, nor making it hard to eat, to be honest i forget about it most of the time.

It is on my to do list, but it will cost me £80 to get done, bills come first i'm afraid.