Election 2012: Barack Obama 42%, Ron Paul 41%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 786, Apr 14, 2010.

1. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Interesting new Telephone survey-

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...012/election_2012_barack_obama_42_ron_paul_41

And if you read further you see that he gets not too many votes from his own party relative to Obama getting from his own party.... If Republicans were to back him more completely by standing down from their pro-war policies, I believe Ron Paul would've taken the lead in this survey- what would happen in reality is a totally unknown story

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Peace be unto you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

I wish this article would have given more of a succinct rundown rather than spacing all of the statistics out over the entire article, but it was interesting nonetheless.

Ron Paul basically tied with Mitt Romney in the most recent Southern Republican Leadership Conference, and actually beat the Rominator(hohum, I just made that up) in the CPAC straw poll.

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2521923&postcount=40

Someone suggested that all these polls aren't really indicative of the general populace. I concur. But at the same time, what does it say about the media darlings who don't fare so well in polls like this?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

It's well known that poll comparisons of incumbents and potential replacements are heavily biased towards the potential replacements - they have the luxury of promising anything they want, without any track record to criticize. It's also well known that Rasmussen polls are biased in favor of Republicans.

That Ron Paul didn't come out ahead of Obama, then, would suggest that he doesn't stand a chance.

And anyway, it's not like the Republicans would ever nominate him in the first place. They're interested in easily-manipulated spokesmodels like Reagan, Bush II and Palin.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Well, I can't speak to that about incumbents vs. replacements, but what is this about Rasmussen being biased towards Republicans?

A 1% difference? Obama would skate by on his blackness and his Democratness then?

Too true, unfortunately. I think this post puts it best:

8. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Wikipedia is your friend:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasmussen_Reports

Correct for the screwy methodology of the poll, and the result is likely a 10% difference or more.

But, again, the Republicans are never going to nominate Ron Paul, so this is all somewhat irrelevant.