Vote For Co-Mod Of WE&P

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by goofyfish, Jun 28, 2004.

?

Moderator Balloting

Poll closed Jul 8, 2004.
  1. Tiassa

11 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. WellCookedFetus

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. Undecided

6 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. sargentlard

22 vote(s)
    35.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Something's very familiar about anu.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. anu Banned Banned

so you accuse me of being run of the mill? a peasant? predictable? a cookie cut, human?
    how dare you sir! how dare you!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. anu Banned Banned

so! the truth finally emerges.

the fetus and airvata are one!

thank you for this confession. i hereby submit this as grounds for disqualification

*smirk

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Truly, truly amazing. Here I thought my bit in the nominations about illiteracy and colloquialisms was useless ....

Are we just jealous of American politics? Is that it? Because this is getting even emptier than the election coming up in November in the US. It's not that "fixing" the situation requires voting for me; rather, I point to the amount of complaining some posters do about moderation--and WE/P has never been kind territory in that respect.

Does one plus one equal two, or three? In this case, it might mean an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters. The performance art value I've witnessed this far along is truly precious.

Humans! Physick thyselves!

8. anu Banned Banned

heh

Truly, truly amazing.

affliction...staid, conservative, blah. you know the drill

"Here I thought my bit in the nominations about illiteracy and colloquialisms was useless ...."

you see a connection? do elaborate.

Are we just jealous of American politics? Is that it?

jealousy (?).....

Because this is getting even emptier than the election coming up in November in the US.

...which results in "empty elections"? how so? empty as in.... devoid of any meaningful and legitimate platforms? or perhaps it is the sideshow or the circus atmosphere that is empty? personally, i would see it as a cause for pride. after all, we at sciforums, have always been cutting edge. heh

It's not that "fixing" the situation requires voting for me; rather, I point to the amount of complaining some posters do about moderation--and WE/P has never been kind territory in that respect.

you exaggerate. regardless of the relatively few incidents that occasionally crop up, i would rate the moderation on this site top notch and i wouldnt be suprised if most feel that way too. it is actually the lack of moderation that makes this forum standout

Does one plus one equal two, or three? In this case, it might mean an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters.

cool! try this..

monkey see monkey do.
    None of the sentences in this pair is true.

The performance art value I've witnessed this far along is truly precious.

going to the circus and expecting broadway is always a letdown. i suggest a sense of proportion (?) be taken into acct when making judgements. it would most assuredly guard against injured sensibilities and disappointment.

NO!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

*so! you did not like the "plunger" post?
    did you miss this edit from here? that, is the coolest (i think)

9. Rick Valued Senior Member

The undecided is a member or its really undecided? ...

bye!

10. antifreeze defrosting agent Registered Senior Member

are you high? fetus was responding to a question from arivata.

11. anu Banned Banned

why stop there? touch on the "disqualification" bit and win a prize!

12. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

actually antifreeze I don't have a clue what anu is talking about.

13. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

I voted for lard this time. I'll vote for fetus next time.

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Anu

Um ... wow.

As for responding ... well, I'll give it a shot.

I made an offhand retort about the (hooked on phonics) spelling of a colloquialism and got myself into a pointless exchange focusing on my disgust toward people who can't even spell the communicatively-challenged words they choose. It was a fuking waste of time.

But the uselessness of that discussion doesn't hold a candle to the present debate. That's all the connection is.

As to jealousy of American politics ... well, people seem to be aspiring to new substantial low, as if they're seeking to keep up with or maybe even one-up the Joneses of American politics. Atwater would be proud of the day the discourse was too lowbrow to actually require his brand of slander.

I'm just curious--what are you talking about?

As to plungers ... doesn't that sort of reinforce my point?

Squinchy, Anu. Squinchy.

This topic needs a Hoover Dam-sized enema.

Frankly, Seaman Staines, I'm amused.

:m:

15. anu Banned Banned

I made an offhand retort about the ( hooked on phonics ) spelling of a colloquialism and got myself into a pointless exchange focusing on my disgust toward people who can't even spell the communicatively-challenged words they choose. It was a fuking waste of time.

i actually have entirely different take on that incident. yet, it is really time to move on. i do not see any need to keep flogging a dead horse nor engage in revisionism.

i would suggest however that you keep in mind one pertinent point i kept repeating in that incident, namely, i do not give a flying fuck about your emotional wellbeing. your expressions of disgust would be better aimed at those suckers that could actually be conned into feelings of shame and guilt in order to prove your sense of self worth

But the uselessness of that discussion doesn't hold a candle to the present debate. That's all the connection is.

interesting. what is the present debate?

As to jealousy of American politics ... well, people seem to be aspiring to new substantial low, as if they're seeking to keep up with or maybe even one-up the Joneses of American politics. Atwater would be proud of the day the discourse was too lowbrow to actually require his brand of slander.

ahh i get it. so what in particular impressed you as to its "lowbrowness"?

I'm just curious--what are you talking about?

you said this....

The performance art value I've witnessed this far along is truly precious.

i'll respond in a simpler manner... what did you expect and why?

As to plungers ... doesn't that sort of reinforce my point?

yes but i do not see myself denying the point in the first place. strange as it may seem, i am reveling in the putridity of it all

if that aint a clear indication of intent, i do not know what is

Squinchy, Anu. Squinchy.

and you must be dipsy donkey dofo?

This topic needs a Hoover Dam-sized enema.

and you my dear sir, need a fat cock in the ass

Frankly, Seaman Staines, I'm amused.

great, Jack Meehoff, i aim to please.

*now lets go splash around in the kiddie pool.

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Squinchy (Redux)

Nobody asked you to.

Beats me. A few people are rambling about something. They act as if they think it's somehow important.

It's transcendentally vapid.

Well, I've come by experience to not expect this particular degree of amusing artistic value on a regular basis from my Sciforums neighbors.

Really ... it's almost priceless fun to watch people acting like this.

That's all well and fine--whatever gets you off. But given your argumentative tone you showed in your prior post--

--I figured to at least respond. Whence comes "disappointment"?

You may be the only person here that took my post remotely seriously.

Don't get me wrong; I don't lack appreciation for your apparent sense of humor. It's just that couched between the utter emptyheadedness of the first portion of your post I was responding to--

--it just seemed you were putting an awful lot of effort into missing the point in order to ... er ... seek out something to complain about.

Says a few things about your priorities, Anu.

Like that end section:

(Note: I have taken the liberty of adjusting the italic type from the original in a manner which I believe more directly reflects the author's intent.)

Now ... to me, that whole section is from left field:

if that aint a clear indication of intent, i do not know what is - Do I care? What's ironic to me is that the "dirty campaign" isn't even focusing on substantial dirt. In that sense, it is pioneering, and perhaps prophetic of the upcoming American election. Cutting edge, indeed. But that's not always a good thing--just ask Allawi.

and you must be dipsy donkey dofo? - Um ... I'm rubber and you're glue ....

and you my dear sir, need a fat cock in the ass - Be that as it may, I still don't see what it has to do with the topic at hand.

great, Jack Meehoff, i aim to please. - When did this become about you?

now lets go splash around in the kiddie pool. - How many surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

It is amusing. For some reason I can't shake from my mind the image of meeting the third McDonald twin. Now that connection, I'd like to understand.

But perhaps you might answer me a seemingly simple question: Why bare your teeth and pick an issue with me just to raise yourself as the issue?

It just seems ... extraneous.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2004
  17. Undecided Banned Banned

The undecided is a member or its really undecided? ...

bye!

You tell me...

18. anu Banned Banned

my dear Witt Lyss

Why bare your teeth and pick an issue with me just to raise yourself as the issue?

pardon. i spent a few minutes pondering and decided on that particular approach considering.....

Truly, truly amazing. Here I thought my bit in the nominations about illiteracy and colloquialisms was useless ....

now this bit was directly below my post. it brought up a point that concerned a previous engagement b/w us. it really was not that much of a reach to conclude the post was directed at me. secondly, it was also ambiguous enough to to allow a degree of leeway in interpretation. thus i formulated a response that employed logic and a certain amount of levity. thirdly, it was i that set the general tone of this thread (perhaps by sheer weight of posts alone). i think therefore i bear a certain responsibility towards the evolution of this topic. so.....critique the thread and naturally it reflects on me.

anyway, apparently it appears that i can get as cryptic as you do. i shall endeavour to provide you with an explanation shortly

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Well, I suppose I should have presumed and then accounted for your paranoia, but I'll acknowledge the placement of the post in the chronology as well as the general vagary. But that's also the point: the general vagary. This entire topic is ineffably hilarious as its gone on.

But I generally make note in one way or another of who I'm directing a post at; I should know better than to expect people who put on the pretense of reading my posts at all to actually note any conventions of how I deal with individuals or groups.

Nonetheless, believe you're that important if you want. Only your paranoia could possibly inflate the "kapeesh" argument or my role in it to something useful.

What's rather funny about our current conversation is that you were actually a minor player--background static--to my prior critique.

Like I said: The performance art value ... is truly precious.

And I stand by that.

It's kind of like watching a troupe of blind mimes.

20. anu Banned Banned

Well, I suppose I should have presumed and then accounted for your paranoia,

yes, the knee jerk response. i have come to expect no less

but I'll acknowledge the placement of the post in the chronology as well as the general vagary.

not bad. you climb a notch and esteem rises

But that's also the point: the general vagary.

down again

This entire topic is ineffably hilarious as its gone on.

niggy, you claim incomprehensibility with regards to the topic. as such, i am wary of according any credibility towards your pronouncements.

But I generally make note in one way or another of who I'm directing a post at; I should know better than to expect people who put on the pretense of reading my posts at all to actually note any conventions of how I deal with individuals or groups.

self importance indeed. rather than allowing room for error and misinterpretation, give me an outline of the conventions utilized. show me the art of the deal. i shall jot, scribble, print and save as, "tiassa's house of style and convention"

Nonetheless, believe you're that important if you want.

heh, thank you. i shall now be insufferable.

Only your paranoia could possibly inflate the "kapeesh" argument or my role in it to something useful.

uhh, still flogging that dead horse? nonetheless, what was useful about it? i found it...an irritant. as a precautionary measure, i now venture into sciforums armed with bug spray.

What's rather funny about our current conversation is that you were actually a minor player--background static--to my prior critique.

you are entitled to filter content anyway you see fit, nothing funny about that. its just that some have no choice in the matter due to the restraints and demands of ego.

21. anu Banned Banned

Nobody asked you to.

you really need to get a clue. there is a plea for change and reform in most of your whining and rants on the human condition. you may not directly ask any one individual but a plea to the many is also a plea to the one. witness....

tedious, young man, tedious!

Beats me. A few people are rambling about something. They act as if they think it's somehow important.

if you do not have clue, what level of validity should i accrue to this statement...

But the uselessness of that discussion doesn't hold a candle to the present debate.

eh? you think you are in any position to make comparisons? another thing, why begrudge the kids on this board an obviously novel experience? if modship means a feather in their caps, i see no reason for belittlement. for all we know, it might be a learning experience for some. one could possibly improve on social skills thru the duties performed by mods....ie: diffuse tensions, mediate disputes, etc. that alone would make the aspirations worthwhile

it's transcendentally vapid.

as it stands, all by its lonesome self, the above statement is meaningless and subjective crap

Well, I've come by experience to not expect this particular degree of amusing artistic value on a regular basis from my Sciforums neighbors.

it will get irritating after awhile. trust me, i know.

Really ... it's almost priceless fun to watch people acting like this.

i too had lots of fun until the fog made its dank and depressing entrance. forecasts predict sunny skies soon tho.

But given your argumentative tone you showed in your prior post--

nuts. i rarely misjudge a post, tiassa. besides, you come to me. you are in control of events. what is that saying......yes, you will reap what you sow.

--I figured to at least respond. Whence comes "disappointment"?

heh. you can never figure out the consequences of your ramblings, eh? here...

*Because this is getting even emptier than the election coming up in November in the US.
    *Humans! Physick thyselves
    *I point to the amount of complaining some posters do about moderation
    *people seem to be aspiring to new substantial low,

a sense of disappointment is inherent in statements of that vein. ie: you have...a better way!

22. Undecided Banned Banned

I'd like to throw my support behind Sargentlard, and give him all my votes. He's my John Kerry!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2004
  23. anu Banned Banned

interesting
    votes eh?
    why if aint for the fact that they go to the lard, i just might have to raise a stink about this

ja, i am partisan that way especially when it favors my man.
    atta boy, undecided!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.