How strong can a robot be?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Tronkostroglutegunkr, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It all depends on your definition of robot. A robot could have the power of an atomic bomb if you build it that way.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mrsmart Registered Member

what are you trying to say i am mr smart i think you have me confused with somone else i am a active poster with a sharp mind any time you are looking for some good insight on science feel free to ask as like other members you will find my posts very informative so dont try and muster up this troll nonsense as you are just wasting your time got that pal

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Are you allergic to punctuation?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Nope.

10 posts. Most of them utter nonsense.

Not evidenced so far.

Good insight on science? From someone who stated:
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2827928&postcount=18
    Right.

Not so far.

Troll I said, troll I meant.

8. mrsmart Registered Member

your opinion only and you are entitled to it just as i am with mine i will ignore your posts completely and possibly resign as a member if i find myself being targeted as a troll for absolutely no reason

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

That's okay then. Because I'm calling you a troll for a reason.

This thread alone shows why.
    You made claims that you didn't bother to explain. You flatly denied that any evidence could be presented that would show you were wrong (despite the the number of posts that actually did so), and then eventually changed your mind while adding a ridiculously inane proviso, which was promptly demolished.
    You have shown that you haven't bothered to read the thread (thereby indicating you weren't interested in taking part in the discussion itself) and have also displayed a phenomenal lack of knowledge, reasoning and ability to listen.

The short way of saying all the above is: you're a troll.

10. mrsmart Registered Member

you are the troll finder you should concentrate on making clear cut posts on the topics that i am a part i am not hear to play games

11. Tronkostroglutegunkr Registered Senior Member

The link was interesting, but that's not a humanoid robot. It's a robot arm. I mean an robot within human mass-size ranges that walks about (such as Asimo, though it's smaller than a normal person).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You could use a diamond anvil to create massive pressures (but over a very small area).

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

No robot can run, although quite a few can hobble along on two or more legs. That's a control problem, not a strength problem.

Sure. Forklifts and bulldozers can do that.

A turbine APU is physically quite small and could give you hundreds of horsepower. For something more exotic, a hydrazine power unit could be even smaller and more compact. F-16's and the space shuttle uses these.

Not even close.

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

up to the failure rates of the material used.
    if you used high quality material i assume it could be a great deal stronger, maybe 3 or 4 magnitudea stronger, possibly more.

15. kurros Registered Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.