Alright... who still thinks all cultures deserve equal respect?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by WillNever, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillNever Valued Senior Member

By the way, I find it interesting that we have a memberbase here who is readily willing to generalize and condemn Americans as a people for the actions of its government abroad, but flip out when someone turns the tables on a country like China. We've seen the same thing from muslim members of sciforums who speak about Israel in similar terms (bully nation, addicted to settlements, racist state).

Is it because Israel and the USA are comprised mainly of white people..?

To put things in another context, would this be considered a racial matter if I had made a thread about bullfighting in Spain? That's another practice I despise, but my gut feeling is if I created a thread about that, race-baiters on sciforums would have little to say in objection. That's such a shame. It seems that it's okay to criticize cultures of abuse as long as its people look and act similarly, but it's not okay to do so if their origins are more exotic.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat — Closure and Redirect

Mod Hat — Closure and redirect

You're a bit late on that one, Will. It was September, 2009, when we had a big brouhaha because one of our Muslim members was "anti-American" and a "bigot" for asking the same sorts of questions about America that Americans were discussing.

I've tolerated this clearly disingenous thread largely because I wanted to give the topic poster—i.e., you—a chance to prove that this wasn't a bunch of racist tripe.

However, you settled that question for us this morning.

Perhaps, Will, you thought you were executing some brilliant artistic statement. If that's the case, you absolutely failed.

Meanwhile, your dedication has established you as someone who has some fundamental problem with Asians, especially the Chinese.

Deal with it on your own time, because we're not going to be hosting that kind of ethnic hatred at Sciforums.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.