Ancestors of Rocks and Elements

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

If we follow the trail of evolution back far enough to the pre biological state, are we not according to the theory of evolution the direct ancestors of your common Stone or rock?.

Peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

you are one crazy little fucker, aint ya?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I actually like the idea of rocks and inert chemicals as the ancient ancestors of man.

And, in a certain way, they are.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

May I remind people that the topic of this thread is the pre-biological evolution of humans and the trail of evolution before biological life and leading up to it.

Over-Stand

8. Gustav Banned Banned

for frak sakes
    call it abiogenesis then

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

No because lay people wont understand what it's about.

peace

10. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Nothing —> fluctuation —> opposite pair production —> elemental particles —> stars —> light atomic elements + heavier atomic elements —> molecules —> cells and rocks —> life —> brains —> consciousness —> posting about rocks.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes, you are quite correct! Rocks can come to life, given the right conditions and enough time.

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Actually, abiogenesis is a common enough term that people will follow it.

Did you have questions about it?

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

You must think we're stupid. Your question is patently ridiculous and everyone here knows it, including you. To pretend that it is not a joke is intellectual dishonesty, which is the most egregious form of trolling on a website that strives to be dedicated to science and scholarship.

You've already been banned once for preaching, so you come back trolling. If you do not halt this ridiculous "discussion" you'll be banned again, for longer.

It's your choice, dude.

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

No I just realised how many ordinary people I meet are not able to follow evolution back past Biological states. I thought maybe many people who post on here have never studied it back to this point or maybe do not understand pre biological evolutions in the universe.

I was going to put a poll with it to see the awareness levels but I already added a few polls in other threads and didn;t want to flood alot of them.

I don't have any questions no I understand it fully.

Peace

15. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

oh, crap, I studied what the current thinking is when I took Biology 1, but that was the Semester of Sinusitis fever...

Amino acids in solution start forming coherent patterns, the patterns start increasing in complexity....

Ooh! Google is my friend... http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/originoflife.html#RNAworld

Yes (and gawd that was a miserable semester!) since RNA can function both as a catalyst and a template it is thought RNA molecules formed the first primitive organisms.

Which explains why our cellular "printers" ribosomes-use RNA templates to "print" up cells/cell structures out of components...but not DNA. DNA is used as a template for the RNA. Since the RNA actually came first. Having a "library" of DNA, that then got stowed in a nucleus to protect the integrity of more complex organisms, is a later innovation.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  16. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Oh, I scrolled down on the same site to find this bit:

(look under topic# 5)

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/originoflife.html#Orgel2004

Hmm, so that IS one of the considered-possible avenues of life's origin-deep-sea rocks. Go figure.
    (Learn something new around here every day....)

17. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Mod note:

That’s because most ordinary people probably have a better understand of the Theory of Evolution that you do.

Most here think you are trolling. I tend to agree, but I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt this once, and this once only.

The Theory of Evolution deals with changes in populations of organisms once they have formed. It does not deal with the mechanisms that changed inanimate matter into animate matter*. That is a process known as abiogenesis. If you want to discuss abiogenesis, then fine – do so. But call it that. Trying to involve the ToE is not valid as it has nothing to say on the matter.

Thus, seeing as this thread proceeds on an invalid postulation, there’s no point keeping it open.

So thread closed.
    ----------------

(*) There are some aspects of natural selection that would have played a part in the propagation of self-replicating RNA molecules in the pre-biotic Earth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.