On the Definition of an Inertial Frame of Reference

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Eugene Shubert, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Tach Banned Banned

Yes, this is precisely what he's showing. So, can we return now to Shubert's theory and your misconceptions about his errors? His theory is all about flat spacetime so there is no point in your introduction of the red herring (covariant derivatives and general covariance). You and your sidekicks wasted a lot of time on this wild goose chase that has nothing to do with the OP. Shubert's theory, though expressed in 1+1 FLAT spacetime DOESN'T even have a metric.Try to stay on topic.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Guest254 Valued Senior Member

So do you understand how stupid you looked when you kept insisting that you knew what you were talking about and at the same time insisting that the Christoffel symbols will always vanish on flat space?

You might like to apologise to prometheus and przyk.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tach Banned Banned

Where did you see always you dishonest idiot?
    Not as stupid as you are by insisting on introducing general covariance into Shubert's theory. Now , that you dragged everybody on a wild goose chase in order to show your abilities in tensor calculus, how about we returned to the analysis of Shubert's theory?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Guest254 Valued Senior Member

Is it really a good idea to start calling people stupid, when you've just made such an enormous fool of yourself? Come on, think about it.

8. Tach Banned Banned

Not my fault that you can't read. Not my fault that you are dishonest <shrug>

9. Tach Banned Banned

This is the post where you introduced your red herring. We wasted a lot of time on your nonsense. You hijacked the thread at post 46, time to bring the thread back. I propose that we return to the post prior to this and we agree that Maxwell's equations are not covariant wrt the Shubert transforms. End.

10. Guest254 Valued Senior Member

Come on man, have a little dignity.
    Have you no shame?!

11. Tach Banned Banned

You wasted 200+ posts on your nonsense. Enough.

12. Guest254 Valued Senior Member

Come on now, remember what I said? Have a little dignity, suck up the embarrassment, gracefully apologise to those who spent considerable time explaining basic tensor calculus to you and move on.

This is not the time for you to continue to beat your chest.

13. Tach Banned Banned

..that you are intelectually dishonest and that you hijacked the thread at post 46?

This is what my point was all about, this is what the thread was all about prior your hijack, not about your tensor calculus masturbations. Time to bring the thread back. Enough.

14. Guest254 Valued Senior Member

More LOUD NOISES! Will you ever learn?

EDIT: Ah - you edited again! Perhaps you are learning...

15. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

At this point you say "Proof: ..."

That website says the Christoffel symbols are not zero! Proof:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Eugene Shubert Valued Senior Member

Why Sir Knight are you condemning me for what I haven't yet written? Shouldn't you try to cope with what is already there in my 13 pages?

17. Tach Banned Banned

Because you wrote enough idiocies for a lifetime in your 13 pages.

18. Eugene Shubert Valued Senior Member

But because you are unable to resolve your misunderstanding of what is written there, you have to imagine what isn't written and then try to refute that by imagining that you are proficient in higher math?

19. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

Gone very quiet on the whole "Christoffel symbols are zero," thing, eh Tach?

20. Tach Banned Banned

Let's cut the nonsense from post 46:

Good, you agree with me.

Nonsense, for (at least) two reasons:

1. The spacetime for Schubert's crackpot theory is flat, not curved, so there is a system of coordinates in which the covariant derivatives reduce to standard derivatives. This means, according to the point above, that Maxwel's equations aren't covariant anymore.

2. The notion of general covariance makes no sense in flat spacetime, so, after 200+ posts, your red herring is starting to rot.

3. If you tried to calculate the jacobian for Schubert's crackpot transforms

x'=x'(x,t)
    t'=t'(x,t)

you would have found out that you cannot prove that it is non-degenerate.

21. Green Destiny Banned Banned

It's like watching punch and judy at a sunday stroll along the promenade.

22. Tach Banned Banned

And your stinking red herring is relevant to the discussion (absence of the covariance of Maxwell's equations in Shubert's crackpot formalism) , how?

23. Green Destiny Banned Banned

Not sticking up for him for his posts but...

How disengenuous considering you were the one setting him up for all this. Hence why someone said here you like to see the train wreck.