A Message to the RNC-----TEA PARTY

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buffalo Roam, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, the Tea Party has shown it's clout yet again, and sent a message straight to the RNC......

Delaware Republican senatorial candidate Christine O'Donnell

Is The Winner!!!!!!

Yes, the eight Tea Party candidate to oust a RNC RINO, not only is this a message to the RNC, it is a shot across the bow of the Democrats.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...-turnout-stays-low-but-more-so-for-democrats/

September 14, 2010, 3:33 pm
    Primary Voter Turnout Stays Low, but More So for Democrats
    By BRIAN J. MCCABE

For the first time since the 1930s, participation in Republican primaries exceeds participation in Democratic primaries, according to a report by the Center for the Study of the American Electorate at American University.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Do you support the Tea Party, Buffalo Roam?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I support the Constitution.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Can't answer a straight question?

Never mind then.

Edit: Actually, it's interesting that you won't answer such a simple question. Are you ashamed that you support the Tea Party? Or maybe you don't support the Tea Party, but you don't want anybody here to know that because it suits your arguments to give a false impression. Or is it that you support some of the Tea Party's positions but not others - i.e. you pick and choose whatever suits your personal views of the moment? Or something else?

Anyway, it's interesting.

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Not all Republicans are as clueless as O'Donnell

And the NRSC has responded.

Look, one thing that's admirable about the Tea Party movement is that these people want what they want, even if they don't know or can't explain what they want, and to the point that they don't really give a damn about November. I have to admire that. They'll make their statement even if it means the GOP loses its shot at taking control of Congress.

The NRSC is trying to be realistic insofar as what matters to them is the cosmic political scoreboard. Exit polling, according to media reports, suggests that 44% of Delaware Republicans who voted today are prepared to jump ship and back Democrat Chris Coons. That should be enough, barring a massive independent swing to O'Donnell, to secure a Coons victory. Mike Castle led head-to-head polling by a 53-43% margin; Coons leads against O'Donnell 52-45. The NRSC, apparently, sees no reason to contribute resources to O'Donnell's general election bid.

And for this reason, Democratic supporters are supposed to be somewhere between nervously smiling and outright ecstatic. Sharron Angle in Nevada has brought Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid back from the brink of political death. "The Chicken Lady" has turned what should have been an anti-incumbent shoo-in to a statistical dead heat, with Reid presently showing a half-point lead.

O'Donnell? When I first heard about this race, I didn't really care. But then I found out who she was, and I'm fascinated. This is the woman who used to make frequent appearances on Bill Maher's Politically Incorrect as virtual cannon fodder; everyone, including Clive Barker, smacked that woman down on the show. If she somehow manages to win in November, I can live with it, because we'll have learned something about just how unhinged this country has become. She, like Angle, would be a benchmark of the nation's insanity. And, all things considered, I can deal with that.

Still, though, what the GOP now faces in these eight races is a question of the so-called "enthusiasm gap". That is, Democratic supporters are finding more and more reasons to turn out; where they probably could have lived, perhaps grudgingly, with Mike Castle, they might now turn out in order to stave off insanity.

The drama that is the Republican Party is at least engaging. Some would call it entertaining. I'm transfixed.

Meanwhile, news from the Democratic side of the aisle suggests that a Blue Dog incumbent is falling to a liberal opponent in New Hampshire, where Ann McLane Kuster has apparently defeated her dynastic opponent Katrina Swett. This isn't a tremendously dramatic story, aside from matching the trend of anti-incumbent or anti-establishment voting, because Kuster isn't guano crazy.

The Tea Party movement should be proud. Not only have they shown their ability to completely upend political establishments, they have also, likely, given themselves another couple of years to whine their way into the headlines, as this slate of TP-endorsed candidates increases the Democratic odds of retaining Congressional control from "slim to none" to "fighting chance".

There is no doubting the Tea Party's strength. But there is good reason to doubt their long-term political acumen. They should enjoy these primary victories. Barring Utah, where Republican Mike Lee enjoys a solid lead over Democrat Sam Granato, it may be that the Tea Party Revolution will wake up with a hangover on Wednesday, the third.

Nor does anyone blame the RNC if they reach for the bottle a little bit early. This is going to be a tough run for them through Election Day.

Notes:

The New York Times. "FiveThirtyEight Forecasts". 2010. Elections.NYTimes.com. September 14, 2010. http://elections.nytimes.com/2010/forecasts/senate

Yadron, Danny. "NRSC: No Plans to Fund O’Donnell". Washington Wire. September 14, 2010. Blogs.WSJ.com. September 14, 2010. http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/09/14/nrsc-no-plans-to-fund-odonnell/

Las Veas Gleaner. "Republicans MUST nominate crazy Sharron Angle (unless they're chicken)". May 25, 2010. LasVegasGleaner.com. September 14, 2010. http://www.lasvegasgleaner.com/las_...razy-sharron-angle-unless-theyre-chicken.html

Greenwald, Glenn. "The profound mystery of the 'enthusiasm gap'". Unclaimed Territory. September 2, 2010. Salon.com. September 14, 2010. http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/09/02/parties

Kiely, Kathy. "Liberal Democrats oust party stalwart in N.H. House primary". On Politics. September 14, 2010. Content.USAToday.com. September 14, 2010. http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ats-oust-party-stalwart-in-nh-house-primary/1

9. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

I actually can't wait for the Republicans to get control of congress. The argument against deficit spending will be conveniently forgotten, as they pass their "conservative" spending bills, which they'll allege will save us money in the long run. So deficit spending will be ok once they're back controlling the purse strings.

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The problem is Gany, they won't spend in on things that improve the public good. They will do as they did with Medicare Prescription benefit which is more of a benefit to the Insurance companies and big pharma than to anyone else.

Carl Rove was so very disappointed this evening about the Tea Party victories. Ne is no longer talking about a take over of the Senate. I expect to see Fox and the Republican leadership pull back on their support for the insanity they have created.

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And if They do so, it will be at their own peril, if the RNC and the RINO's in congress don't get the message quick, they will relegate themselves to a third party status and the Independent party will become the home party of the Conservatives.

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

joe your not even worthy of response as you cannot debate honestly with out having the mods come to your rescue and delete anything that doesn't agree with your personal political bias.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The problem Gany is that the RNC has become insular and tone deaf, and developed a ruling class mentality, and have forgotten that they are not the Party, the people are the Party, and the People are the holders of Rights, not the Government, under the Constitution the Government has no Rights, and those in power do not have the power to over ride the Rights of the People.

And guess what, the Constitution doesn't grant any rights, it protects Rights that already exist, the Rights of the Free Man, the Rights of the People.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOL, since when have you ever debated anything? Never. You have consistently ran a way from every debate challenge ever issued to you.

And two, if you are refering to reporting your trolling, threads have an OP for a reason. The OP is to set the discussion topic. If you want to discuss another topic start another thread.

Dumping a bunch of off topic garbage on a thread in order to avoid discussion of the thread topic is not debate mr. roam. And I suggest you conform to forum rules.

15. Bells Staff Member

Isn't she the freak that's anti-masturbation and anti-sex education because she thinks it will teach children to be "blase" about sexual predators?

She won?

HAHAHAHAHAA!!

Better start girding those loins boys.

I think 'outed' is a better description.

So this is what the Conservatives want?

Hmmmm...

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I love it. The wackos are taking over the Republican party.

17. Bells Staff Member

Granted, this one isn't as bad as the one from Nevada who saw the notion of a girl falling pregnant to rape or incest as being a part of God's plan, but still..

What is with this swing to the ultra-right amongst the conservatives in the US? And how long will this last and how low will it go?

18. smokinglizard Registered Senior Member

Only if President Obama signs such legislature into law. A veto is a very powerful instrument.

Ahhhh...just think -- checks and balances restored to the government. If the President or Congress want to enact something, they'll have to seek cooperation, compromise, and make concessions. There will be real discussion and deal-brokering.

Ahhhh, moderation...please come back to us...

19. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I actually welcome the strength of the Tea party because:

1. It is good for democracy that a grass root new party actually can get on power.
    2. It divides the right, so eventual backlash....

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Me too! So you should support the ACLU as well.

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well at least the one from Delaware does not run from the free press like Angle does. I have never before seen a politican so afraid of being asked a question as Angle in Nevada.

22. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

Present tense????????????????

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

joe, you have been shot so full of holes your not even a challenge any more.

Had to run to the mode to erase the evidence now didn't you.