A suggestion regarding discussions revolving around abortion

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by mordea, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Neverfly Banned Banned

Well, this new member was introduced on the basis of that spat.
    It's the only thing she's seen. I'm sure Yellow Jacket Saw Modea and umm LG and I cannot remember the other... say what they said and they are current participating members of the site.

Bells and I both seem to be acting badly.
    Personally, I've NEVER been involved in a net row that could be WORSE than this. This is, by far, the worst I've seen. All the name calling etc...

I'd like to see it draw to a close, really.
    But I'm defending myself after she posts and if I try to call a truce after I post, it would seem I'm trying to get the last word.

If I was confusing- Fine. I've made mistakes and lost my cool, too. I've acted badly too. At Least I'm not in Denial about that. I'm probably mamking a bad impression of myself, it's true. I've apologized sincerely for several of them and had several of my apologies spat back in my face with insults. Bells is making her OWN Bad impressions, with her OWN behavior.

This doesn't disregard manipulation, ad homs, direct insults, calling me crazy, calling me a twat ...
    I can think of MUCH, MUCH better ways to clarify concerns than how she went about it. I honestly do not believe her intent was to clarify at all. Sure she's acting like it was NOW, but at the time that was not what she was doing-- simply because she cannot understand how respecting a zygote can NOT be a Pro Life stance.
    THAT is the source of her confusion and not matter how much I post -- I cannot fix it. Only SHE can get to the point of either giving up or trying to understand something she seems to flat out refuse to listen to.

Everytime I brought that to her attention- I got slammed with more.

I made three separate posts asking her to Please try to wrap her head around it.

YOU, Lucysnow, told me you understood it.
    Viscereal Instinct Understood it.

I asked others who are not members and they understood me just fine too (Something Bells seems to gleefully attack my character over now...)

So where do I draw the line? I cannot effectively end the fight without either lying or going belly up- as she flat out won't accept her own mistakes.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

There, there why don't you just go and spike your own drink ( and post in ANOTHER FUCKING THREAD).

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Yellow Jacket Registered Senior Member

Oh if could post the links yet on what others have said. But alas, I cannot. I have been only going on what I have witnessed already and so far she has been the only one who has been really responding in a ridiculous manner towards me. I wonder if she speaks to me that way because she knows I am an associate of Neverfly. I understand your need to back your friend, I would do the same. But honestly, is that the reception you received when you first joined? Or would desire? I can only go by the warm reception I received by your friend Bells as a reference to the way she handles herself. Perhaps my perception of her will change overtime. Perhaps not. But I do have an open mind. Personally, I like you so far. Just asking you to put the shoe on the other foot and look at it from both angles. Objectively.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neverfly Banned Banned

Ok so Bells bad behavior is irrelevant when someone speaks out against her bad behavior if you like her.

Niiiice...

8. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Never been in a net row worse than this? LOL! Stick around mate you'd be surprised at how bad flames can get around here

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

There are people you will interact with that would be far less patient or even civil than Bells in a situation like this, you'll come to see this in time I gather.

I'm not going to get into what I believe was an continues to be a complete misunderstanding that took place in that thread. I too had trouble understanding a comment or two I found contradictory but that is neither here nor there as I think I understand what your position is, like I said I think it was the way the statements were worded not the content, but I really have no interest in that. You can continue to hash it out with Bells if you choose, I have done the same in the past and did with LG in the other abortion thread though it had very different features. You two from what I can tell are still being somewhat civilized compared to many flames that go on around here, its just a difference of perception of meaning going on is all. Its minor, no biggie.

A word of advice, you make things very very messy by bringing in someone into a battle that really should take place between you and Bells. Notice that most members and mods respect both of you enough to let you both have it out until you both get bored with the topic, kiss and make up or decide to simply decide to ignore each other. Yellowjacket isn't the issue between the two of you and for her to assume she knows Bells standing in this community or to even know what Bells is like is presumptuous at best. Her comments were definitely not appreciated by me and as a new member perhaps she should simply butt out of it.

If not I might feel free to take the heat up a little further and deal with her myself and trust me when I say I wouldn't be the only one.

9. Bells Staff Member

This is interesting.

This is my first response to you when you joined. Was I rude or responding to you in a ridiculous manner?

I asked you some questions in regards to what you posted in a polite manner. Now, I don't know, should I have thrown rose petals over my words to be nicer and sweeter when I queried your posts? I am at a loss as to the "treatment" I have apparently shown you since you joined? Should I have ignored everything you said and you in particular?

10. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

You don't know shit about what other's have to say about Bells so why don't you just sit back or fuck off and allow these two to deal with each other. Stop pretending as if you know what the fuck you're talking about when it comes to Bells. I'm not backing Bells simply because 'she's my friend' again you assume friendship where there may be none. I would respond this way if you had made the same assuming comments of what standing any member has on this site or what manner they conduct themselves over the years when you have only shown up five minutes ago.

Now see? You have a second person who is responding in a 'ridiculous manner' towards you. Bells didn't have much if anything to say towards you at all!!

If you like we can keep going with this but it won't be pretty.

11. Neverfly Banned Banned

It's not something I'm used to. Maybe I'll get used to it. Maybe I won't.

As you are an observer- I'll accept that it's a misunderstanding-- which, logicly, MUST mean that I am as guilty of misunderstanding as Bells is.
    Agreed. I did word things badly.
    I'll extend another apology on that score- again with the note it does not detract from how it could have been handled better.

Shit, I ain't feeling that at all!

I swear to the non existent God that was not my intention.

I had made a claim.
    I kinda had to back that up.
    My i ntent was to show I had not lied about that claim--- NOT to have someone else fight Bells.

In hindsight, I should have predicted that.

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Neverfly, I haven't dealt with you long but I quite like you as a member, we've discussed things and even shared a laugh or two. Don't take this thing with Bells so seriously as it is not such a big deal.

No one thinks you a liar, no one thinks you are trying to cover your tracks and no one thinks you are with bad intent. In short, relax.

Sure of course Bells is as guilty of misunderstanding, I mean she's only human and we are dealing with text after all, on these forums as well as in life communication sometimes breaks down.

I mean you know? :shrug:

PS: I know it was not your intent in regards to Yellowjacket. I take umbrage with her on one point and on one point alone.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  13. Gustav Banned Banned

mmm
    so amusing to see our two fishwives living large with a couple of noobs

/snicker

14. Neverfly Banned Banned

Look, I'm not trying to be a dick here but uhhh... When she says "Have Mods check IP" - the intent is clear -- "You made that up. No one said that. If someone joins it's a sock puppet."
    Sounds like being called a liar, to me.
    :shrug:

And the rest... well... her insults and derision and condescension remain in her posts as fact. It's not like I'm making it up.

Yeah- I'm not relaxed. I didn't grow up being talked to that way. People that know me don't talk to me that way.

But yeah I will try to chill and just make extra effort to not read Bells posts for a while.

ETA: Gustav-- Blow me.

15. Yellow Jacket Registered Senior Member

Seems you are involving yourself just as much as I am. You did say she was your friend.
    And I see. I must get in the "clique"? Is this Jr. High again?
    I'm sorry, 5 minutes? I am going off her comments towards me and her already formulated opinions and insults for me being only here for 5 minutes.
    Oh wait. I think I feel a tear forming. Oh no, that was just from me laughing. Sorry, I will get a hold of myself soon enough.
    And when I am ALLOWED to provide the links to show where my little pathetic own feelings of assault are, will be happy to.
    And must we swear and get so riled up? No wonder you two are friends.
    I'll take myself to my room now.:bawl:

16. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

@Neverfly

We've had sock pockets here for years and she was simply making a comment as to check to make sure you were not using a sock pocket in terms of if she were a mod she would have checked, or I may be wrong. In any case as a mod they do check IP's, again you are taking it way too seriously.

As you will see there are always claims of others being sock pockets.

This place has always been rough and tumble, just the nature of the site and believe it or not it has actually calmed down over the years. If you go back and look up threads by former members like Wanderer, Xev or Gendanken you will see how this place used to really get out of hand. This is nothing, believe me.

Stop responding to her if she's getting under your skin and I am sure she will do the same but you may find at some other point that the two of you get along just find.

17. Gustav Banned Banned

welcome to sci, yellowjacket
    live long and post well

18. Neverfly Banned Banned

Don't you think she could have said this herself if that's the case?

19. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Whatever. I don't really care what you have to say on this matter after you made an ass of yourself.

20. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Actually she did, its somewhere in the abortion thread I believe. You cannot expect someone who has been posting for years to assume that you won't know what they are referring to.

Check out this thread and you will see what I mean about accusing others of being a sock pocket:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=100773

You won't know the players being referred to but you'll get the gist of it.

21. Gustav Banned Banned

wtf? lucy sputters to a halt?

/cackle

whatever!

yup
    jr high it is

22. Bells Staff Member

Come come. We don't want her getting all emotional as well.

Now..

Lucy was taking part in that particular discussion and the other one long before you joined.

Again, can you pleased point to where I have been rude to you or where I insulted you after you'd been on this forum for 5 minutes?

I am sure that Neverfly can post the links for you if you are unable to. Or you can just copy and paste. It is quite easy. You right click in the address bar, select copy and then post it in your post. I am also waiting for you to point to where I acted inappropriately as a moderator.

Thank you kindly.

23. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member