A suggestion regarding discussions revolving around abortion

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by mordea, Apr 4, 2010.

1. lightgigantic Banned Banned

excellent choice!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

I say the moon is full! Sure signs of insanity is flowing all over the site tonight

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Neverfly Banned Banned

Awww

Look at the people that completely agree with eachother making condescending comments (One a Moderator at that) and STILL ignoring what "Neverfly"
    ACTUALLY
    SAID.

Hey Bells- Didn't I say I DISAGREE WITH MORDEA?
    ANSWER THAT!

Hey Tiassa- you made an absurd comment. I pointed out that it was absurd. Deal with that instead of making it appear as though I support Mordeas OP AFTER I have been CLEAR I DO NOT.

Is it logical to only read what you want to and then missapply attritibutes?

THAT is the overflowing insanity going on Lucysnow. Nice try, though.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Poor freakin' you

Poor you.

Hey, Neverfly—get a sense of reality. It does you little good to blither and bawl about being misrepresented, and then turn around and misrepresent other people in order to blither and bawl some more.

Poor freakin' you.

8. Neverfly Banned Banned

Whatever.
    You three ARE misrepresenting and doing so blatantly.
    You three are all talking about me over here now. I corrected your misrepresentations.

"Reality" is that thing you three are doing everything to ignore- then shittalking another person about. What- I'm supposed to just TAKE it cuz you say so?
    Uh uh. Grow up.

9. Neverfly Banned Banned

It is not "bawling" to not tolerate such behavior and correct the misrepresentations made.

10. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Oh no you don't, you're not dragging me into this one. I have my own war on terror going on with LG

My comments on the insanity flowing wasn't directed towards you and that discussion but the flow of insanity overflowing in both threads. I understand what you were saying but I also could see what Bells was confused by so...

11. Neverfly Banned Banned

Ok. My apologies then.

That thread has left me mentally beat up. All I saw over here was claims I was supporting Mordea etc... It's tiring as all hell.
    Who is LG?

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Lightgigantic. I'm exhausted from writing these long posts in response to his long posts. In the end we got nowhere as he thinks abortion is 'killing' and 'murder' and I do not and the rest of what he was going on about is still a complete mystery to me.

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

mordea: Just ignore Neverfly, she on the rag.

Yeah I'll do that when I feel like it, until then could you post some links and quotes that would make it far less time consuming for me such that I would give a dam?

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I find it very hypocritical of Mordea to go on about how women only argue from emotion.

He insists on calling the contents of the pregnant woman's uterus a baby, even if she conceived 2 weeks ago.

So apparently, when men whine and spew outrage and argue from emotion, they're being logical. When women do it, it's calling whining and spitting outrage and arguing from emotion.

Nice double standards there, Mordant.

15. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Except that the intention is not to "control women's bodies".

If we want a happy, prospering society, then everyone must regulate their behavior.

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Figure it out

Tell you what, when you learn the difference between taking an idea seriously and agreeing with it, let me know.

17. Bells Staff Member

Hmmmm...

So when we question you about what you say, we are misrepresenting you? When we quote you directly, we are misrepresenting you.

You don't need a forum sunshine. You need a soapbox. Simply because on a forum, you will be questioned about what you post. You will face queries and requests to clarify yourself. If you think that is akin to misrepresenting you, then yeah, go for a soapbox.

"She" is a he. Apparently he's one of the rational people that Mordea thinks should have the only voice on the issue on this forum.

18. Neverfly Banned Banned

Check post 17.
    Check post 34.

I stated clearly that I am not in agreement with Mordea ABOUT THIS THREADS TOPIC.

Again, you are trying to manipulate the posts. You are not coming across as clever, Bells. You are coming across as desperate.

No.
    When you repeatedly question me about things I've not said in spite of my clearly stating my side and those statements are ignored and pretended to not exist-- you are misrepresenting me.
    When posts are manipulated as you did above-- You are clearly attempting to misprepresent me with dissembling and intellectual dishonosty.
    You have yet to effectively quote me directly where I say anything you say I have.

That-- I have no problem with.
    I have a problem with people manipulating my posts and ignoring the content that states my stance clearly and claiming I was unclear.

19. Bells Staff Member

So you weren't agreeing with Mordea on that point then?

Okay.

And as I stated to you before. If you did not keep contradicting yourself every second paragraph, I would not have been in a position to have to continuously seek clarification as to what exactly you meant and what you were trying to say.

As I am now, is how I have responded to you. I have gone through your posts line by line and quoted you as such.

The little grey box is a quote.

And here is what I have a problem with. I have a problem with grown men acting like tweens and getting "emo" when someone seeks clarification as to exactly they meant because they kept contradicting themselves. When that happens, I am likely to keep asking you to clarify yourself. It does not mean I have misrepresented you, it means that I am seeking a direct answer from you. If you have an issue with that, the solution is simple. Don't keep contradicting yourself.

20. Neverfly Banned Banned

You claimed I ran off to a friend to support.
    This assumption is in error.

I asked others because I considered that I was probably biased to myself.

They concluded that you were doing as I thought you were doing. That the glaring contradictions were based on your perceptions, preconceptions and misconceptions.
    I will admit that I'm not always very good at getting my point across, when posts should be quick and you tend to respond to a point at a time. I admitted this previously and linked to that post in post 359. Your continued ignoring of that is suggestive. Or likely that you will try to use that against me.
    Even so, I did make several clear posts as to where I stand and aside from calling me a liar-- You would be hard pressed to claim I was a yo yo.

My posts stand- I have not deleted them, as do yours. Let that represent the fued--- I will let go of this argument at this point in This Thread. Others can decide for themselves.

21. Bells Staff Member

To which I replied, please, ask them to join.

Now, this may not look too great for you to be honest because they appear to be advocating something you have said you do not. Now your friend has dropped herself/himself into a complete and utter crapstorm. Should we seek clarification about what they have said in their posts in that thread? Or will we see more hand wringing and whining about being misrepresented from another individual?

And I have posted just from one post of yours of just how contradictory you were. If you have issues with questions seeking clarification, then post in a manner that will not cause repeated confusion.

When Lucy advised you of the same thing, you accused her of misrepresenting you as well.

Apparently we're all wrong and you were clear, even when we cite instances where you were not clear at all. But that's okay.

/Pat

Seriously.. This subject is obviously very personal for you. And that's alright as well..

/Pat..

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Pro-lifers, in my experience, rarely resort to logical argumentation. The msot ardent of them tend to argue on the basis of religious dogma.

Are you aware that some pro-lifers are women? How do you figure that?

Correct. It's very hard to separate emotion from this issue, isn't it? You seem completely unable to do so.

Obviously your education didn't cover liberalism. Perhaps you ought to ask Norsefire what it is.

23. Neverfly Banned Banned

What she said is on her. Not me. I had no idea she was going to post as she had. You calling it a crapstorm is absurd considering that YOU Posted above claiming that if I agree with Mordea on One Facet of an Issue- I must agree with him on EVERYTHING. What kind of fallacy is that, again?
    Yellowjacket joined, I had thought, simply to demonstrate I Had Not Lied.
    What happened after that is not necessarily involved with me and you should not be attempting to make it appear as such.
    I notice too, you cannot resist goading me into further argument.

I kinda HAVE to refute your claims but it's annoying. What part of "I'd rather not talk to you" do you fail to understand?
    No, you posted attempting to make it appear that I had contradicted myself when I had not. Do you really think others are so stupid?

Your failure to understand that since I do not agree with you about EVERYTHING does not mean you can continue claiming I say things I don't is not my problem- it is yours-- address it, instead of me.

All being who?
    If I was unclear and someone asked clarification- fine. THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU WERE DOING. You still refuse to address post 359. That post helps show what you were actually doing. And it was not simply you seeking clarification.

Cut the condescension, already. It's annoying. That's like the forth little /pat you've done.

I'm honest about the fact the subject does get emotional in spite of your claims (Shown to be utterly incorrrect) that I deny that.
    Yet, you deny your own severe and strong emotional bias in it. How strange.

Fifth. You know... You remind me of Delarmi from the fourth foundation book by Asimov. That is not a compliment.