Bush: Miss Me Yet? Mystery Bill Board

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I am suppose to take you seriosly?

Read and learn from Dick Moris Clintons own man;

http://newsmax.com/Morris/Morris-Obama-Bush-deficit/2010/02/02/id/348771

Behind Obama's Phony Deficit Numbers
    Tuesday, 02 Feb 2010 05:14 PM

Here are the facts:

In 2008, Bush ran a deficit of $485 billion. By the time the fiscal year started on Oct. 1, 2008, it had gone up by another $100 billion due to increased recession-related spending and depressed revenues. So it was about $600 billion at the start of the fiscal crisis. That was the real Bush deficit.

But when the fiscal crisis hit, Bush had to pass TARP in the final months of his presidency which cost $700 billion. Under the federal budget rules, a loan and a grant are treated the same. So the $700 billion pushed the deficit — officially — up to $1.3 trillion.

But not really.

The $700 billion was a short term loan and $500 billion of it has already been repaid.

So what was the real deficit Obama inherited? The $600 billion deficit Bush was running plus the $200 billion of TARP money that probably won't be repaid (mainly AIG and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac). That totals $800 billion. That was the real deficit Obama inherited.

Then . . . he added $300 billion in his stimulus package, bringing the deficit to $1.1 trillion. This $300 billion was, of course, totally qualitatively different from the TARP money in that it was spending not lending. It would never be paid back. Once it was out the door, it was gone. Other spending and falling revenues due to the recession pushed the final numbers for Obama's 2009 deficit up to $1.4 trillion.

So, effectively, Obama came close to doubling the deficit.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Hi pj.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

soo bush must have took that 4+trillion dollar debt he compiled up and he himself is going to pay it back, according to you obama didnt enharit any of that just the 700bill which he added to i know i suck at mach but obama still has around 4trillion dollars to spend before he reaches what bush spent

spider beat me to it

8. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

here ill go back and fix it so you can comprehend what I was trying to say i thought you could think for yourself and figure it out my fault

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Under Clinton:

Date 09/29/2000

Debt Held by the Public $3,405,303,490,221.20

Intragovernmental Holdings $2,268,874,719,665.66

Total Public Debt Outstanding $5,674,178,209,886.86

If you care to notice there was no surplus in the Federal Budget.

Under Bush:

Clinton passed on a deficit of $6,235,650,793,625.00 trillion dollars

Date 09/30/2009

Debt Held by the Public $7,551,861,558,736.77

Intragovernmental Holdings $4,357,967,444,774.98

Total Public Debt Outstanding $11,909,829,003,511.75

So, Clinton passed on a deficit of $6,235,650,793,625.00 trillion dollars, no surpluses, just debts, so President Bush isn't responsable for 10.7 trillion in debts as $6.2 trillion was passed along from Clinton, from your own citation.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes, Bush added almost 5 trillion (at a time of alleged prosperity), Obama added 1.5 trillion so far under a recession.

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Right On!:thumbsup:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

That picture is a good reminder of Reagan's other achievement, offering amnesty to illegal aliens like Superman.

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Let's compare:

Notice that Obama's own estimates never has the deficit falling even to the level of Bush's worst year. Worse yet, he projects an ever increasing deficit from 2012 on!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  14. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

your missing the point.. we know bush inherited clintons debt.. then he added 5 trillion, on a questionable war that we got zilch out of obama came in and had to clean up the mess, on top of the mess were in a recession. when bush came in we werent in a recession. the recession started when bush was in office and wouldnt admit that we were even in one so obama had all this to deal with the second he got in office.. when bush got in what did he have to deal with the first few months? sure wasnt a 700billion dollar bailout and recession

15. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

You do relies the evidence presented does not run counter to spidergoat quote?

16. navigator Registered Senior Member

Liberal debate 101: when all else fails, you can always fall back on personal attacks.

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Notice that the entire accumulated deficit under W is declared, by your little picture there, to be something less than 2 trillion.

The actual accumulation, under W's budgets not counting 2009, was well over 4 trillion.

So whoever made you that little picture is, at best, poorly informed.

And I believe this matter has been drawn to your attention before.

18. navigator Registered Senior Member

You can monday afternoon quarterback all you want, but the fact is the support for both wars was held by an overwhelming, bi-partisan, majority of politicians. Also, Obama should be thankful the surge worked, he would be just wishing he was at the clean-up stage.

19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

those are based on the budget. bush had a tendency to not put things in the budget he knew would have to be paid for thus distorting the numbers.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

OK, lets eliminate the debt by raising the top marginal tax rate to 90%.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i'm all for that

22. navigator Registered Senior Member

Who will you tax when that money is gone?

23. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

sandy say;

(Barack Hussein Obama allowed THREE terror attacks in his first year!)

how many people killed?
    where were they?

please provide links