S.a.m.

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Michael, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gustav Banned Banned

/chuckle

this woman is on par with the fetus

sure
    unfortunately, some here cling to quaint notions of fairplay and justice, something you seem to be unfamiliar with

sacrificial lambs, "experimental" bans, are a bad fit in a place which professes an intelligent community

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Intelligence and dickary are not conflicting, the forums can be an intelligent community yet also be filled with dick, at the same time.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

what do you expect. James entire stance on palestine/Israel is inherently dishonest. claiming sympathy for the palestine but using his moderation to protect pro-Israeli posts and foster pro Israel terminolgy and use of language.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Come on GusGus... this hasn't been an intelligent community in a long long time. Let's try and be realistic, we have a disproportionately large number of complete fucking morons to intelligent human beings. I'd guess the ratio is somewhere around 60:1 at this point. Look at the number of people who can't be bothered to read Tiassa, and don't understand you. Surely, you see why it can't be called an "intelligent community"

Outlaws have their place, but to be championed and adored, they also have to be honest, fair and judicial. S.A.M. is none of those things and still expects to get treated honestly, fairly and judicially.

Fairplay and justice... compassion and tolerance. Can you have them all? Possibly, and I'd love to see it personally. But you have to be able to hold people accountable in all of that, which is really difficult in a forum like this. As I said, it's a thin line that people are bound to fall off both sides of.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Is this still going? *sigh*

Look, people. I'm not going to lift SAM's ban early. And I'm fairly sure I understand all your complaints and accusations at this point, so repeating yourselves is quite superfluous.

A couple of comments/replies:

To Enmos

I'm not quite sure where I'm supposed to have lied about Tiassa.

It was the latter, and I've already explained myself. In fact, if you look at the ban list, you'll see where I've recorded the reason for her banning.

Be aware that Gustav's "facts" don't necessarily match my "facts". Gustav is squarely in SAM's corner on this one, and in addition Gustav seems to have some personal issues with me. Most likely that's because I've moderated him too much in the past for his liking.

I disagree.

To Tiassa:

What lies? I ignored your previous attack on me as a liar and hypocrite because I think you're blowing this thing out of all proportion and you've lost perspective. But now I think I'd like you to specify what supposed lies you're talking about, exactly. I'm not really in the business of telling lies, and I don't see why there would be any motivation for me to do so here. I believe all the relevant facts are right here for anybody to look at.

I'm starting to get a bit annoyed by your accusations, I must say, though I'm trying to be tolerant in the hopes you'll work it out of your system and return to some normality.

I don't think so. In fact, I've noticed an increase in new people posting on the forums since SAM has been gone. Now, maybe that's just my perception, but I think it's possible that without SAM stamping her mark all over the place perhaps people feel more inclined to contribute.

Instead of talking around a point, why not be specific? I have no idea what this "experiment" is that you're talking about. Is it banning other members? Removing me as an administrator? Or what?

As things stand, this is little more than a substance-free personal attack, both on myself and Plazma.

The incident you refer to was an honest misinterpretation that I corrected after it had been pointed out to me. The net effect at the time was that SAM was banned for perhaps 8-12 hours. I apologised to her at the time.

SAM's current ban, however, is no mistake.

I think you give people little credit. I am quite sure that some people have grudges against SAM for whatever reason, and are happy to see her take a break for any reason. I am also quite sure that some members have grudges against me for whatever reason and are happy to attack me or relish in attacks on me. Those groups don't need reasons. I think the majority of posters, however, are not nearly as invested in the whole SAM thing as you are, and are not particularly liable to accept "nonsense" from anybody - you or me. Also, I do not think it can automatically be assumed that SAM's detractors and my supporters are an identical group, or vice-versa. SAM is only one member of sciforums. I assure you, I have plenty of people who don't like me for reasons that have nothing to do with SAM. And I know that there are people whose opinions I respect and whose support I can usually count on, who again support for reasons that have nothing to do with SAM.

It's all very well to dress up SAM's statement about me in flowery language in an effort to make it seem noble, but the simple fact is that SAM lied about what I wrote, attributing statements to me that I never made. I gave her ample opportunity to apologise. I discussed the matter with her publically. The record is there for anybody who is interested. I have been above board at all times.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Your problem is that you only notice when I "protect" pro-Israeli posts. When I "protect" anti-Israeli posts, you just think that's how things should be, so it doesn't register a blip on your radar.

As I have stated before, I have no personal connections to either Israel or Palestine. I'm a neutral observer. I am on the record as condemning various actions both by Israel and by Palestinian terrorist groups.

If you want my honest opinion about specifics, try this: ask me some simple, direct, honest questions. I'll give you honest answers.

10. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I think that this sums up a large amount of the problems that people have with the moderation here.

Just a hunch, though...

11. Gustav Banned Banned

despite that, we are smarter and more sophisticated than way back when.
    i mean, its been a decade for some. go look how tiassa started out and see how he evolved. most of us have. you wanna see pathetic? look at mine

this building of a mythos is entirely you and your ilks doing. who the fuck is sam? she parrots a pov that is hardly unique. she is merely incidental. the issue is simply a matter of abstract principles now

if any goddamn admin or mod cannot hack his job, i invite them fuck off. we will find someone who can

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

which is why anti Israeli posters get warned and banned but the same language never seems to have any effect in the reverse. why you do jack shit to the people who put palestine and palestinian in quotes despite the inherent bigotry in that. And how bout libeling pro Israeli posters you ignore(I have brought it to your attention) but non libeling SAM gets busted. and don't give me your shit I read the post nothing was libelous about it and secondly you never established BOTH the required things to show libel untrue and malicious intent to defame.

as I have said to other people here in the past if you wish that to be believed than back it up with action.

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

No one should have to apologize for calling some one out on something they merely implied rather than having the balls to say up front. Any honest person would read what you wrote and think you were calling SAM a bigot. If you do not understand that's what you said than brush up on your english. MAybe you didn't mean too but don't get fucking whiny because what you said implied bigot. Its you job to ensure what you mean gets across. If you didn't mean to call SAM a bigot than guess what your punishing SAM for your fuck up which is par for the course for you and the the shitty mods you protect. Just as someone must take responsibility for what they infer so should someone take responsibility for what it is possible to infer from the language they use and the arguments they make.

14. Gustav Banned Banned

each time i have been moderated by you was well deserved (well, most likely). you have been nothing but professional in your conduct as an admin towards me. i have no personal issues with you. you are still, along with bells, tiassa and stryder, the only opinion that matters to me in this joint

plus i like you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

now
    i cannot think of anything worse than laboring under a misapprehension so what do you mean by...

...that?

"neccessarily"?

you want room to wriggle? is that is it? either there is a match or not
    what is your version of the "facts"?

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

So you would rather the community think you a shitty admin for not giving a fuck about the rules and rather than being shitty admin for being to simple to understand their concern's. I fail to see how that is an improvement?

16. Gustav Banned Banned

fuck off pj

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

You're getting a bit annoyed? Really? Then how should I feel?

You twice misrepresented my reason for suspending FellowTraveler in order to justify your attempted three-day suspension of S.A.M. I have asked you, Bells, and our colleagues in general, for some explanation of just how you managed to fuck that up so badly, and as yet no answer is forthcoming.

In defending your decision, you misrepresented my defense of S.A.M.

In attempting to brush aside the public discussion, you falsely accused me of bringing a moderators' discussion to the public forum.

Now then, I will ask you specifically: Are you willing to bring the text of the moderators' discussion to the public?

Furthermore, I consider your appeal that I should specify the lies I'm talking about to be quite dishonest, as I have, in the more recent posts, answered people's questions by bringing some detail to those accusations.

Additionally, you misrepresented S.A.M.'s alleged threat in attempting to ban her for three days.

So don't sit there and tell me you're getting a bit annoyed by my accusations when you refuse to answer them, and insist on continuing in your dishonesty.

Now that is some scientific science.

We'll await your peer-reviewed statistical analysis, which I'm sure, in this bastion of science, is very soon forthcoming.

I'm sorry, but I am already forbidden by administrative decree (Plazma) from being more specific. If you can't figure it out, well, one of you will have to unlock that fetter.

Yes, James, that's all there is to it? What? You don't notice the summaries of the situation I've posted, but you've focused on one paragraph?

Get honest.

And then you blamed your error on someone else. Not exactly genuine.

Says you, who as far as I'm concerned has zero credibility on the issue.

I'm sorry, James, but posting a few links and expecting everyone to perceive what you do just doesn't make a good argument. How many times have you, or I, or any of us, looked into accusations flying back and forth and found them inaccurate? Such is the case with you. Like in September, when I looked up your list of accusations and responded, and the best you could come up with was a casual dismissal buried in a response ostensibly intended for another member but, rather, in practice, played to the gallery.

And yet, as you showed with the three-day issue, you're happy to follow. Remember? We were to note that the main problem was not your misunderstanding, but someone else's?

It's never your fault, is it, James?

If you could have made some sort of rational argument explaining what you perceived in the threads you listed, that might have been one thing, but I have yet to see anybody's explanation in support of the accusation.

If that constitutes an actionable lie, James, how many people are in on their way out now? You appear to have failed to account for the broader implications of the standard you invoked. See #367 above.

One thing I don't get, James, is how you can continue to lie to us. A substance-free attack against you and Plazma? I have the facts on my side. Your misrepresentations. Plazma's endorsement. Who's going to ban you for lying about people, James? And will that happen if I don't get a sincere apology from you in twenty-four hours?

Of course not.

If you would like to put this accusation of lying to rest, I would propose the following: Copy the "no confidence" thread into a publicly-viewable subforum, locked and in its entirety, and I'm happy to duel it out with you.

Of course, given how people responded when I called Baron Max my least favorite troll, I can only wonder what damage some of the rhetoric in that thread will cause. Who knows? Maybe because it's S.A.M., nobody will care.

You're not above board, James. You were even dishonest in that response.

18. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

sorry after the third time today it gets to hard to do.

19. Gustav Banned Banned

bogus strawman
    i do not recall any calls to lift sam's ban
    in order to do that, you or plazma have to be receptive to an alternative line of thought. so far you both seem to have plugged your ears and stuck your heads in the ground

your lack of charity is astounding
    sure you did not utter those exact words but the ones you did were semantically identical to what sam attributed to you. both versions could be inferred from each other

you seriously cannot be professing such a level of ignorance?
    is english your first language?

20. Gustav Banned Banned

god i fucking loved that
    this guy has absolutely no class at all. no sense of self-respect
    he openly prostitutes himself in front of the whole goddamn world without an ounce of shame

the depths of depravity just got a whole lot deeper

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

he(James) can't conceive that maybe he is not doing a good job. he thinks all complaints about the mods and admins must be due to bitterness or whatnot rather than valid fuck ups on their part.

22. Gustav Banned Banned

do it, james!
    the community demands it

23. Gustav Banned Banned

/vomits

an old old troll tactic

the wise old man plods in and wags his finger at the children playing boisterously

too bad you have lost all credibility
    ja, we aint buying that routine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.