S.a.m.

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Michael, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Well pjdude1219 please show us a quote of Cheski or otheadp saying "all arabs and muslims" are "murderers"

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

You mean like you justify your personal attacks on me good old cheski"double standard"chips.

Do me a favor learn how to read and understand the english language and what libel is.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

in regards to palestinains. hell if you want I kind find you making the same kind of statements your not much different than them.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

and that all arabs and muslims? He not even saying all Palestinians!

I called all Palestinians murderers? Scum of the earth certainly, but murderers? Sort of like how you believe Israel children deserve to die?

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

part of a converstaion

same kind of statement.
    Now that is libel. because I don't and one of which you have off repeated and never even been warned about.

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

A disgust for people and claiming they are criminals is too very different things.

Well then just say Israeli children don't deserve punishment, that would end it right there and then.

10. Doreen Valued Senior Member

Wait, you called Palestinians scum of the earth?

Did you get a warning?

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

but both come from the same mentality

they don't deserve to stay on land illegally gained something you feel is a punishment in removing them so people who own it can use it.

12. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Let's close this thread....SAM,RIP...

13. Doreen Valued Senior Member

Absolutely. They work hand in hand to create racist propaganda that has tended to lead to racist mass killing, even genocide. Convince people ___________s are committing terrible acts AND convince people they are less than human.

I think it is 'funny' that someone would spend time defending one by saying it is not the other.

14. CheskiChips Banned Banned

pjdude If I said it - it should be easy to find. If you do, I will apologize for saying something I don't truly believe. If you can't, you're lying.

15. Bells Staff Member

So because the children stay, they somehow deserve punishment?

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/like

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

electric feels my belief that in following the law of allowing the Palestinians their legally mandated choice to return that if they do so anyone residing on the land they own is to be removed is punishing the Israeli children. his accusations are based on a woefully extreme misunderstanding of my beliefs on Palestine/Israel.

18. CheskiChips Banned Banned

You're saying that my statements claiming HAMAS policy is insane is like saying "All arabs and muslims are violent murderers". You're stupider than I thought. You're also a liar. But it's okay pjdude, I know your low intelligence as severely impaired your ability to cope with the world around you, therefore I won't hold you to know what 'libel' is...or to apologize for it.

19. superstring01 Moderator

Mod Notes: Okay, SAM thread closed.

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Hercules Rockefeller:

I notice you closed this thread. I have reopened it, because I think this is a discussion that needs to run its course. People obviously have things they need to get out of their system.

Tiassa:

Your accusations of me lying are sounding a bit shrill. I do not believe I have at any time engaged in a deliberate lie. I may have a less-than-perfect memory of certain remarks in threads etc., which I'm sure you can search and correct, but there is no systematic cover-up or lying on the matter of SAM's current ban by me. In fact, I'm re-opening this thread so you can put your case publically if it makes you feel better.

At this point, I'd just like to correct a couple of points you made.

I did not "send her for a month arbitrarily". I telegraphed my intention to ban her for a month well in advance of starting the vote in the moderators' forum. Moreover, I informed SAM of the exact nature of the process, including my intention to seek the approval of the moderators for a permanent ban and of my intention to ban her for 1 month if that poll failed and no apology was forthcoming. SAM was kept fully informed at all relevant times, in advance of any action.

Many errors here.

1. I have no long-standing grudge against SAM personally. I am on record, however, as holding the opinion that her trolling of late has been damaging to the forum.
    2. I took action to ban SAM (for 3 days, along with fellowtraveler) in response to a reported death threat from SAM.
    3. That action was not "overidden by protest and evidence". I changed my mind following helpful analysis of SAM's posts in that matter, provided to me by several supporters, yourself being one.
    4. The poll for a permanent ban was in relation to a different matter all together - namely, SAM's ascribing statements to me that I never made and her refusal to apologise for said statements.
    5. The vote on a permanent ban was "lost" on the basis that I set a 2/3 majority as the standard at which I would ban SAM.
    6. I do not "pretend" the vote justified SAM's current 1 month ban. The 1 month ban was the penalty I informed her would be applied in the event that the vote failed and no apology was received. She was informed well in advance of that.

The 30-day ban was drawing of a line in the sand.

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Sorry, string. You're the second moderator who has independently had that idea - and I completely understand. For now, though, I'd like to leave it open.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

To pjdude and CheskiChips:

This thread is about SAM. The spat between the two of you stops here.

To any others who wish to complain about other posters being banned or not being banned, please take it to a different thread.

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

kmguru:

Nah. This whole thing is vastly blown out of proportion. I'm not sure why, but SAM always manages to provoke intense opinions one way or the other. I guess it's the high profile or something. I think people need to get over the idea that SAM is special.

I don't see why Tiassa felt the need to move this discussion to the public forum, either. But now that it's here, I think it is important to play out the issue here.

pjdude:

Maybe you ought to check how much ban time otheadp and cheski have actually had. At least one of those two is on the brink of a permaban.

Doreen:

I apologise if this is the impression you got. I am not trying to make people look stupid. What I'd like to know is why some people here think that SAM is special? Why is she so special that she must be given special licence to troll?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.