S.a.m.

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Michael, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

This was an administrator's personal Christmas wish

This action is entirely on James and Plazma. James wanted it, so he executed it, and Plazma is not inclined to override that decision. It is, in my opinion, an illegitimate action against a member based entirely in an administrator's personal hatred.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I'm inclined to agree simply because I have seen things far more clearly libel ignored.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

That is fine as long as she is not doing it here. It is like I don't care about the heroin addict 2000 miles away, I only care about the one on my street....

...and I don't care why she got it, Al Capone got caught only for tax evasion, but as far as he was in jail, who cares?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the honesty. :m:

8. kmguru Staff Member

I agree...any moderator should have the right to kick out another moderator. That is the "don't care" attitude we all should love. Right?

9. kmguru Staff Member

It is a woman thing. This is a male dominated world. No place for an aggresive Indian female - at least that is how it came across....sad, but when it walks like a duck....

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Jesus, this is a feminist thing to you? I don't care if SAM was a women or a man or a god dam hermaphrodite, s/he/it needs help and being banished could be the first step toward her recovery from internet addiction. James R use of authority is by definition of an admin going to be abusive to someone, at least in this case it could lead to good things for that someone.

11. kmguru Staff Member

Do you have a reading problem? I said, that is how it came across (because most of the female members sympathized with her). Why bring Jesus (peace be upon him) in to your opinions?

As you said James R from Australia had the authority to do so without knowing anything about what goes in America or American Politics. And so it is. This is done. As to post mortem, that is how it comes across to the membership at large. If you do not like it, that is definitely your problem - not mine.

It helps to read member posts and get an understanding of the information presented. I do not want to insult your intelligence and please do not force me by bringing Jesus (peace be upon him) in to the mix.

12. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

After i saw how lopsided the "fun" was (wit not only the consent of an administrater but wit ther encouragment as well)... i knew that was 1 'fun" bandwagon i didnt want any part of.!!!

Sams postin style "needles" certan people... ther to immature to handle it... an they cant stan bein out-wited so they want her gone no mater what... as can be seen as they gleefully chime-in when she gets baned.!!!

It realy is jus that simple.!!!

Early on me an SAM also poked at each other... but after seein how she was bein ganged-up-on... then i jus wanted to defend her.!!!

It looks to me like shes bein goated into the directon of brakin rules for the purpos of gettin rid of her.!!!

I thank the Album on my profile page esplanes part of the prollem... its the pitcher of the toilet-paper roll wit a sign on it.!!!

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Because Jesus is such a great guy?

It did not come across as that to me, though I don't have a vagina. It came across as an internet addict pushed the admin and the admin pushed back to me.

Why not? I could bring any other fictional character in on instead if you so wished.

14. kmguru Staff Member

The truth is, Sciforum members are mostly school and college kids with some retired people in the mix. According to some historians:

"It all started way back in the 7th cent., and took 1000 years of Hell to fight to a stalemate in 1683, after which the Islamic world was quarantined, allowing the West to gallop ahead in every aspect of civilization, finally toppling the Ottoman Empire after WWI, along with the caliphate. Too bad, the West didn't kill Islam, but just made it lie low, and now it's back, poised for another 1000-year push, helped by unwise permission of mass Muslim immigration plus the fact that the world is ever-shrinking."

Now if we can not turn around a moderate Indian Muslim, do we have any chance to turn around the Saudis, Taleban or any other middle east muslims? Specially those of us who live in North America (that includes Canada where this forum is based) and Europe?

Ignorance is not bliss.

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

You're seeing the administration's overriding bias

Internet addiction has nothing to do with it. The simple fact is that S.A.M. doesn't behave much differently from many other people around here. Better, in some cases. What makes her stand out are two things: (1) She is prolific; (2) she starts from a different perspective and thus often draws different conclusions. That latter is what drives people nuts. If she maintained her posting style and switched her outcomes to pro-American, Christian-centered jingoism, most of her detractors would celebrate her, and her posts would be considered valuable enough to offer her specific protection from the rules, as has been done for other people in the past.

The thing is that when S.A.M. is involved, either new standards are invoked out of thin air, or old standards are turned on their heads. The only thing consistent about how S.A.M. is regarded by Sciforums' governing authority is inconsistency.

Her one-month ban is not entirely arbitrary, though; it's retaliatory.

16. kmguru Staff Member

I wish you to be a tad bit intelligent. Any more would be an insult. Read the post #31 and see if you can comprehend, then we can debate. Got it?

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

If you like, think of this as an experiment. We'll see how sciforums copes without SAM for a while, and work out whether or not she really is as indispensable as some would have us believe.

[Edit to add some context, for those who care:]

S.A.M.'s specific lie was:

Now, a reminder about what I actually wrote:

From the [post=2444174]Holocaust Industry = Hate Speech?[/post] thread.
    Also [post=2444177]from the same thread[/post].

And here's the original context:

A long post by me containing my views on "the SAM issue":

[post=2361258]James R: the S.A.M. issue[/post]

This one is the most important by far, while most of Gustav's and Tiassa's complaints aim at the much less important issue of SAM's libel.

I hope this is all specific enough.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Not really, your strategy is to deny opponents comprehend, so I doubt we could debate anything.

19. Doreen Valued Senior Member

Are there really people who said she is indispensible? I can see people saying she adds something. I see others questioning whether her banning was justified, but not because she was indispensible.

20. candy Valued Senior Member

I think it is a lousy experiment.

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

let me tell you story of SAM: Once upon a time a internet addict came to this forum and ruled over the biology forum with intellectually stimulating threads, but then something happened, I don't know religious Islamic fundamentalism or something and then all she did was argue about the poor Palestinians who are only launching harmless rockets to show pride in their abilities and if those rockets fell on evil Israeli swine will good riddens, heck she even refused to acknowledge murdering israeli children was bad. Anyways this kind of single minded arguing about the same issue over and over is called trolling, and is not looked upon well but many either remembering the old religiously secular SAM accepted SAM change and her 50 posts a day ways, but as her addiction spiraled out of control she lost her moderatership and tried to leave in a tear filled thread forever... she lasted 48 hours while loging on to another science forum! She came back of course and kept trolling until pissing off the admin with some kind of slander and posting private messages, the admin though put it in the laps of the moderators to decide her fate, because most of them liked the old SAM she was banished for only 1 month, if she returned oh well, if not perhaps, just perhaps, she got a life.

22. Doreen Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure how this relates to the issue of 'indispensibility.' Liking I have noted. More abstract defenses of her presence also.

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

It doesn't

It doesn't. It pertains to how much he hates her.

Not to pull any sort of seniority maneuver here, but after a couple more years in this community, you'll get used to it. Rarely is it ever actually about the community or post quality or anything like that. Mostly it's about how much people hate one another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.