Human Society Is Going Toward the Wrong Direction

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by hujiaqichina, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hay_you Registered Member

I feel the same about that. It's not natural either. We were designed as a family unit, that had shelter and a non stress way of life.The intention was not that you had to work to survive, like today. This was all held together becasue of a 3rd party. The same one for everyone. That's how people would be united. But that is not what we see today. The whole idea of school and mortgages and working at a job, and wars, is a man made system.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

AND it's basis is in no way adding value, only making money, often times at the expense of value.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Through this systems we have achieved a great many things that have added length to our lives and breakthroughs in technology. Granted it does have its setbacks but what system doesn't?

I see that as valuable...what kind of value are you talking about.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

quality of life, beauty, health, communion, family, nature, resources.

so our society adds years to a shitty life that's so depressing and disease-ridden that everyone's on drugs. and technology techshmology. as far as i can tell technology isolates people more than it brings them together.

8. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I would love to have you elaborate on this statement. Can you give me an example of how technology divides us?

I also find it strange that you would write about the dividing power of technology over the interent with people whom you would otherwise never have been connected to.

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

because instead of actually being involved with the lives and concerns of the people who are physically around me, i'm in a room, by myself, typing on a computer and intellectually masturbating.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. milkweed Valued Senior Member

Could you give me an example of what you mean by non-stressful, work free life that it was meant to be.

11. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Then thats your own fault for failing to be active in your community. Should you so choose technology will give you a wealth of information about community activites and groups that you could physically go to, you could even use your phone to call those groups!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i don't wish to answer for hay you, but in my opinion, we should work to provide quality and value, and for survival (food, shelter, communion), and not to pay taxes and make some fat cat a little richer while we live amongst disposable everything, crap fast food, pollution, and strip malls full of crap.

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

crap!

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat - Closure

Mod Hat — Closure

At the outset, my inclination was to close this thread, but people seemed to be trying to make something useful of it.

In the meantime, perhaps our topic poster, Hujiaqichina, should probably advise us why he is inviting people to a website that attempts unauthorized downloads onto visitors' computers.

Until then, this and any other thread the member posts within my jurisdiction will be locked. Or, to be more specific, the answer to that issue will be the next thing I see from Hujiaqichina, else the next thing will be the last.

Hujiaqichina, you may contact me directly via private message with that answer. Indeed, I would encourage you to do so. (Click the username at the top of the post; you will be taken to a member profile screen. Beneath your name and user title you will see options including "Send Message".) My desire for this answer is, at present, the only reason your user ID is not already permanently banned from this site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.