Is Breastfeeding/Skin Hunger Incest?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by ancientregime, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ancientregime Banned Banned

Do you know if oxytocin is released during running? That is the only sure way to begin to answer your question.

The average person wouldn't equate running with sex. Although, if sexual chemicals are present it would be a candidate for autosexuality.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Hmmmmm..

I hugged my kids today. And I tickled them. And we thoroughly enjoyed every hug and tickle attack. They even hugged me back.

I feel like a bad parent now.:bawl:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ancientregime Banned Banned

I'm thinking there may have to be a set of chemicals present (not just oxytocin), maybe even fMRI readings to prove what a sexual state is.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ancientregime Banned Banned

Why would it be so bad that a feeling you feel during intercourse would be some of the feeling you felt if hugging a friend or offspring you had no sexual attraction to?

Perhaps the world is a bit more simplified at the chemical level. Perhaps it is a mental disorder to feel shame for feeling good rather than healthy to feel shame for feeling good.

If pleasureable feelings are sexual at their base, then what makes them different is how far a degree we take them to. I'm not sure this is the case, but it seems to be pointed in this direction.

8. ancientregime Banned Banned

Most people know you shouldn't feel bad about this (I know you are joking), but seriously, your behavior fits the defintion of a pedophile who is grooming their victims. That is how far these nutcases have taken things. And, breast feeding and incest isn't something I'm sure they will stop at.

9. Bells Staff Member

You know, you are pretty much the only person I have ever seen tell me that my hugging and playing with my children fits "the definition of a pedophile who is grooming their victims".. I have met religious nutcases in the past, I have met people who become so offended at the sight of a breast that they find breastfeeding to be lewd conduct. But not once, not a single time, has anyone ever said that not only is breastfeeding akin to incest since it releases pleasurable feelings in the mother and child, but that hugging can also be construed as being incest because of the release of Oxytocin.

In short, you are the only individual I have ever come across who has likened a mother hugging a child as being the sort of behaviour a pedophile might adopt to groom their next victim.

In other words, you are the nutcase taking it that far.

10. vslayer Registered Senior Member

neither are "sexual chemicals" they are neurochemicals which can be released in response to a number of stimuli, only one of which is sex.

my example was an attempt to show that there can be multiple causes to a single effect, and it is wrong to claim a relationship between the causes solely because of that.

a man gets shot in a gang driveby, result: he dies.
    a man has a heart attack from strenuous physical exertion, result: he dies.

your claims are akin to claiming exercise should be outlawed as a form of gang violence because of the above hypothetical.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

You have more than 20 posts now. Please provide a link. I would like to read about these nutcases.

12. scott3x Banned Banned

ancient, you've spoken a lot of what the law may imply. What I'd like to know more about is what you yourself think the law should be. Are you saying that you're thinking hugging one's children should be outlawed?

13. scott3x Banned Banned

If ancientregime is suggesting this, then I agree with you Bell- it's just off. Personally, I think the novel "I was a teenage fairy" was good in defining a true child predator- put simply, a predator's first priority is his or her own needs. While some parents may indeed be predators, in most cases, I think it's safe to say that in most cases, it's the parents who think of the priorities of the children first.

There is one important issue here I think- the difference between 'good touch' and 'bad touch' is poorly defined in our society. While it may sound simplistic, I think we should essentially go with what the children think- Bell said they hugged back. This, in my view, shows that they like it so much they initiate it. If there is rejection, however, then something is wrong. Figuring out what would be the next step.

14. swarm Registered Senior Member

Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. In this case you haven't shown that your belief that it is a lot or not is significant to the fact that there are women who have arousal and orgasms from breast feeding.

Personally I say more power to them. I wish I got arousal and orgasm from breast feeding.

15. swarm Registered Senior Member

Dream on. It people like you who feed the fake sex phermone industry.

16. swarm Registered Senior Member

Thank you.

17. swarm Registered Senior Member

I think you are on to something here.

We now have both a male [me] and a female [CM] who have used oxytocin and reported it did not cause arousal in and of itself. While not a scientifically rigorous study, this is reasonable anecdocal evidence for what we have here to conclude that while oxytocin may be released as a part of sex, it is released in a number of circumstances [nursing, hugging, running, etc.] and is not reliable for indicating sexual activity is happening - the op's original contention.

What's weird is his obcession with oxytocin when oxytocin would seem entirely irrelevant. There are numerous easier ways to test for arousal. The easiest is simply to check the person's heat signature. It wouldn't be hard to monitor for orgasms directly. But there is already ample evidence of actual arousal, including orgasm from breastfeeding, so what's the point?

Breastfeeding is not incest even if some women become aroused and have orgasms. I'm left wondering what ancientregime's real agenda is here.

18. scott3x Banned Banned

What if a woman breastfeeds not just to give nourishment to her child, but to be aroused as well? At that point, we'd be entering what you might call a societal twilight zone. I've certainly heard atleast one story wherein a mother (anonymously via the internet) told of an experience wherein she helped her arousal along when she was breastfeeding her baby.

I also have a strong feeling that this is the reason that society doesn't look kindly on mothers who continue breastfeeding a child after about 2 years of age; the older a child gets, the more likely the child himself may begin to like the idea of feeding for reasons other then nourishment alone.

I myself am unsure on that one- he may be wrestling with whether or not breastfeeding is something that should be done. I personally definitely think breastfeeding is a good thing for a baby; after around 2 or so, however, I think one simply can't ignore society; while a few mothers continue to breastfeed, society frowns upon this type of thing. I can easily imagine that one day we'll hear that a mother was arrested for breastfeeding past x age. They've already arrested a mother for a picture of her breastfeeding her baby, after all (charges were dropped, but only after many mothers flooded the... court's office I believe, with pictures of themselves breastfeeding their babies).

On the subject of sexual arousal, I found an excerpt from the book Sex: The science of sexual arousal, here. Skimmed it a bit but don't have time to read more now though, have to go...

19. ancientregime Banned Banned

Welcome to what the rest of the world calls Wikipedia

20. ancientregime Banned Banned

I just confirmed that the same chemicals released during sex are released during running. The Natural History of Sex, Joann Ellison Rodgers.

They are called sexual because they have create sex-like feelings. No you don't have to have a penis inside a vagina to only have sexual feelings.

21. ancientregime Banned Banned

The link was to the oxytocin reference.

But how about our handy dandy, trustworthy, error free, never psuedo-scientific, friend DSM-IV that used to call homosexuallity a disorder. The nutcases call lactophilia a mental disorder.

erotic lactation

22. ancientregime Banned Banned

No. The point of this thread is to show that because the law is written so broad and unspecific has the ability to create victims because things must be interpretable.

How it should be worded? I think we should let nature/science determine the law, not a person's beliefs.

23. ancientregime Banned Banned

I believe we were talking about oxytocin, not the phermone industry. You have failed to show how this comment of yours logically follows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.