The Messiah Speaks We Obey

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buffalo Roam, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And what did you say, you provided no proof of your postulation, you just went to a personnel diatribe about Me personally, you never engaged in debate and countered the data that I forwarded, you just ran off at the mouth, your very good at that, most Democrats are.

In fact most of your post to me involve you running off at the mouth, and not addressing the points and data, that is forwarded.

19% unemployment, and 6.5% of the population employed by make work schemes of FDR, that is not a recovery from the Depression.

And Obama seems headed right down the same trail, and we are in nowhere the dire straights of 1929 to 1939 today.

Yes, Obama hasn't taken office yet, but He and His people are revealing what their agenda is, day by day, and it sound right out of the 1932 play book of FDR.

Obama and Change, he is bringing all of the Clintonistias on board His administration, that isn't change that is the Samo-Samo, SOSDD,

The only change is, that now the left hand in your pocket instead of the right, and the reason that the Repubs lost was that they tried to out democrat the democrats, and forgot their base.

ps: I still think your a wannbe.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Buffalo,

"Obama is espousing almost the exact same policies, which means those who don't have a job are shit out of luck, un less they get a works project job from the government, and those people will still be doing only make work jobs for minimum wage."

Well the populace for better or worse have spoken. Many didn't like it when Reagan took control, or Bush II took control. It sounds like you are the one that is bitching.

Joe.

"Your post speaks quite clearly and just reenforces everything I just said. Thanks. I am not going to continue to reargue the same old stuff endlessly. Because it just goes right over your head."

I agree, i'm done on this. I have responded to the same question several times and he basically copies and pastes my entire response and then asks the same question again.

Moving on.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Huh? you can't win so you move on, typical liberal, declare victory and run.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

FDR (1937) and balancing the budget

Just to throw one more thing into the mix:

One might look at the war production assertion and suggest it observes a mere coincidence. In his most recent column, Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman notes,

While even I have to wonder just how much red ink we can afford to pile up at this time, I would suggest that in the wake of several years of Republican policy that cut revenues in order to pander to the wealthy while spending ludicrous amounts of money on a war, and now a "bailout" of capitalists that looks more and more each day like a handout, the GOP will not have much credibility in objecting to further stimulus packages—Krugman's "back-of-the-envelope" estimation suggests $600 billion as a starting point to jump-start the economy at large—on the grounds that deficit spending is bad.

Notes:

Krugman, Paul. "Depression Economics Returns". New York Times. November 14, 2008. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/14/opinion/14krugman.html

8. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Buffalo,

"Huh? you can't win so you move on, typical liberal, declare victory and run."

I must have missed something.

That is like the knight in the monty python movie who has both his arms and legs cut off and he is still calling for the other guy to keep fighting.

What are you gonna do Buffalo, bleed on me ?

Give it a break and don't get so freaked out about Obama, I mean afterall Bush has done a horrible job so there isn't much room for the republicans to complain, I am assuming you are a republican. The guy hasn't even taken office yet. It also appears he is considering moderate democrats and republicans in his administration which IMO is a good thing. We will see.

Go ahead and get the last word Buffalo and have a nice day, I hope things go well for you !

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Bush has done a horrible job, as judged by whom?

You?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

History has a way of not agreeing with those who make judgments like that.

One of the greatest Presidents in our History Abraham Lincoln, if you had ask people about him in his life time, He would have not been talked about with any better assessment, just do some research in to Abraham Lincoln, and the opinions in the News Papers, and from the Democrats in Congress during his administration, they were less than happy with him and would have expressed the same opinion about Lincoln, as you and the Democrats express today about President Bush his place in History, as the Worst President to ever be elected in this nation.

It is only in retrospect that his greatness is apparent, and has been fully appreciated.

The funny thing is that ever Republican President that has been elected in my life time has been called the worst president in the history of the Nation, but it is the Democrats who are looking for a legacy, Carter and Clinton, what is there place in the History Books? what will they be remembered for?

Bringing the Radicle Muslim Jihad into control of a Nation, 444 days of impotence, stagflation, and inflation, oil shortages and unemployment.

Monica Lewinski, Impeachment, WTC the First Attack, the Cole, Kobar Towers, Kenya, Tanzania, and no effective response to the Muslim terrorist problems that plagued America all through out his two terms, the wall of separation, Waco...........and wishing that he had the opportunity to be a great leader under attack, well he had that opportunity and he punted, at least 6 time he had the opportunity to be a Leader of the United States when it was attacked, and he punted.

No it's like the guy who can't fight any more because most of his diatribe has been personnel attacks, who then because he can't answer the information declares victory and runs for the hills, the opening scene from (Tom and Huck) is a prime example, of the way Liberals and you operate.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

More Buffalo droppings?

Well, let's see here:

(1) Would you say the nation is better off after the Bush presidency than it was before?
    (2) To what would you attribute this change?
    (3) During the period in which the Republican Party held the majority in Congress, what policies did they enact or fail to enact that would have helped President Bush?
    (4) During the period since January, 2007, when the Democrats held the majority in Congress, what policies did they enact or fail to enact that would have helped President Bush?
    (5) Lincoln was neither the first nor last President to sacrifice the founding principles of this country in order to "save" it. However, from our modern perspective, it seems ridiculous that we should award the prize of truth and accuracy to a bunch of raving, slave-owning conservatives who were mad about losing a war, as well as their right to hold others in bondage for the purposes of economic and personal exploitation.​

The point, sir, is that Bush has gotten damn near everything he wanted for eight years, and the result is that he's run the nation into the ground. Our economy is teetering over the abyss, our military is suffering personnel and equipment shortages, and our prestige as a nation in tatters. So, what? What did Bush want that he couldn't have that absolves him of responsibility?

To the other, you're right about one thing: Every Republican president elected in my lifetime has been called the worst president ever. By someone. One thing that's true, though, is that they've all gotten worse.

Then again, every Democrat that has been elected during my lifetime has been called the worst president ever. Even the one who hasn't been inaugurated yet. So quit whining.

Are you asserting that had Carter never been elected, the people of Iran would never have overthrown their government and installed Ayatollah Khomeni? Are you blaming the Carter administration for an engineered oil shortage that began under President Ford?

Nothing like starting an investigation to prove that someone was corrupt because they lost money in a land deal. And all they ever found was a blowjob.

Did you forget that Republicans complained every time Clinton blew up a terrorist camp?

And, hey, I noticed that while you bring up Waco (all hail the child rapist?), you left out Oklahoma City. What's the matter, Mr. Roam? No evil Muslims to blame for Oklahoma City?

Oh, yeah ... since you mentioned the U.S.S. Cole bombing, would you suggest that Clinton do what his predecessor did? That is, should he have started a war to hand off to his successor? Remember that George H.W. Bush invaded Somalia in December, 1992, after it was clear he was finished as president. The Cole bombing occurred in October, 2000. What would you be saying today if Clinton had gone to war in the weeks before the election?

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Again, I refer you to my previous post, history will be the judge, when cooler heads are doing the judging, as of today you are to close to the painting to even judge the details, and your partisanship colors your reason and judgement, Clinton is first now, getting far enough into history that the judgement is starting, the evaluations are now being made by those who evaluate and write the history in cold hard judgments, with out the passion of being directly involved is that history.

From some of the things that I have been seeing, Clinton is in for harsh treatment for his administration as he goes down to history.

Carter the same, history is defiantly not being kind to him.

President Reagan is looking better and better in the history books, an even the Democrats are trying to claim his mantle.

Even President Bush 41 is doing well in the history of our nation.

As to Obama, I am not judging him for history, I am judging Him for today, as He enunciates and lays out his programs and agendas, I judge Him by the history and how thing have proceeded in history, the parallels, that are repeated generation after generation, the same mistakes repeated by a new generation of leaders with the same result.

I really hope that He doesn't end up repeating history, but I also have a deep love of history, and look to history to see were we are headed today.

My majors have always been in History, with Criminal Justice as a minor, seem to be natural studies for a Soldier, ex Soldier, maybe I will start a Political Science minor, that would be interesting to.

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

GOD you have been into the koolaid again Mr. Buffalo Roam. Your love of history is severely tainted by the koolaid.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

So provide historical record to prove me wrong, instead of your opinion.

joe, the Kool Aid you have been drinking has left you on a permanent Acid Trip, and your thought process has gone from warped, to twisted, to a permanent sprain.

14. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Buffalo,

Not that it will open any of the doors you have closed. But for what it's worth. You want historical info, here. Also, please note that I, not you have been promoting the factual approach to the reasons we are in this mess, today in 2008. That is both parties are to blame, neither have done enough in the last 50 years to leave our future generations in a stronger position. That is the truth whether you want to believe it or not.

http://zfacts.com/p/480.html

http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.htm

Again good luck.

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Then please address the problems that the Democrats have caused, show your bipartisan standing by highlighting the Democratic contribution to the problem.

You seem to be under the misguided idea that I only blame the Democrats for the problems, the only thing that I am trying to do is make the Liberals on this sight is admit to the fact that the Democrats have more than their fare share of responsibilities in causing these problems.

In most cases, as I see it the Republican are in the soup for act of omission, and the Democrats are the ones with the act of commission.

It is Republicans, not conservatives, or conservative principles, along with the Democrats, that are the cause of the major screw up of the economy today.

So if you are so fair minded lets see what you can find on the Democratic contribution to the problem, hell you might just find I agree with you.

But so far all you have given is a prime defence of the Democrats, and dumped all the blame on the Republicans, and Conservatives.

The major problem is that the RNC, has abandoned their Principle, and the Base of the Party, Conservative, for a bid to try and out Democrat the Democrats, they wanted to become enough like the Democrats to attract Left wing Democrats to Vote for Republican Candidates.

They forgot the prime rational of a modern Democrat Liberal,

Rule Number 1#

A Republican never did any thing right.

Rule number 2#

A Democrat never did any thing wrong.

If a Democrat gets caught doing something wrong, refer back to Rule number 1#

Hell some of the biggest heroes for me are JFK, HHH, Scoop Jackson, these new democrats, couldn't kiss the Brown Ring is their assholes, that is what is wrong with the modern Democratic Party, they have abandoned their principles, for power, they have forgotten the people of America Come First, they have sold out the worker and small business owner to by votes from those who they redistrubte that Tax money to, and to see that just look at their stance on Illegal Immigration, the trillions lost to health care for illegals at the expence of health care for our own working citizens,

16. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Buffalo,

"So if you are so fair minded lets see what you can find on the Democratic contribution to the problem, hell you might just find I agree with you."

First of all I have almost always in my statements included democrats for their failings along with the republicans. There is never one that is always wrong or one that is always right. There are many in Congress from both sides that are at the trough and have been for many years. They bring home the bacon to their states and districts and everyone one loves them for it.

I have argued with you on issues because you are the one throwing all of the blame on the Dems and I am playing devils advocate. There is no doubt IMO the Dems have made errors and will again, but the Reps have never shown an ability to live up to their expoused fiscally conservative ideals when in power.

I will say that the Reps in congress did that with Clinton, but they did not do that with Bush. The Reps in congress during Clinton's term along with due credit to Clinton made some great strides in turning back the deficit clock, that was a good combination.

If you think about it, the answer to why they succeeded in the 90's but not with Bush was because they were being partisan. The true test of their conservatism came when they could really control spending with control of the presidency, and they did not.

But I have been consistent in my message that there is blame to go around.

Read your own posts and see how you stack up to me on fairness.

17. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

And Bush will, on his way out, bypass Congress, and continue the autocratic tradition that seems to have only reached the consciousness of conservatives at the precipice of a liberal president, if he is liberal.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081119/pl_politico/15758_1

That Burning Bush speaks and we obey.

Of course Bush and his people could have criticizes Obama's predicted bypassing of Congress and been consistent with this by withholding such anti-democractic actions...but, oddly, they did not give a shit about doing either.

18. camilus the villain with x-ray glasses Registered Senior Member

I didnt bother reading past the first 3 or 4 posts. You guys are either racist or just mad your McSame didnt win. end of story.

19. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

No Camilus, I am an Obama supporter. And you have demonstrated racism in your comment. This is not about race. That is not to say that there are not folks on each side who are.

One of the great things about Obama is that he transends race. He is not about blame, but about doing what is right and needs to be done. I think we degrade our arguments when we use the term racisim indescriminately.