Are men afraid of women who know what they want?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lucifers angel, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Perfect Masturbation without hands Registered Senior Member

In my opinion, you shouldn't really give a shit.
    You shouldn't care what the brave, delinquent feminist warriors who aspire to dwell in the delightful state of man yearn for - because you're a man. Men who pine over shit like this are mostly pimply beings in some cubicle all outraged over their boss being a "tough" woman in charge. Men all pissy over imaginary scenarios like "she'd punch me.. i'd punch her back. I'd be in much more trouble.. and I shouldn't be coz her pizzazz tells me otherwise!".

Any functional man should be able to overcome the demands, roars and physical attitudes of vigorous women with a simple shrug, sincerely
    unobjectionable yet deceitful nod or a roll of the eyes.

We should know that the facade of masculine pomposity in women is a bunch of bullshit. I can pull it off, I'm build for it.
    I'd wager women couldn't. Women can't muster up the bearing in which it's possible to ever so coolly make a muck of things and come out on top.
    Come off as a delightful individual.

We men should just play along, and enjoy the few perks this fad brings us - like gettin' pussy with more ease.
    Or if you're like tiassa, then you should just get overemphasized hissyfits over stuff that never happens/happened to you.
    What a silly emotional sponge that one is.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I couldn't agree more.

:roflmao::roflmao::bravo:
    I almost spewed coffee onto my desk. Then my coworkers looked at me funny for laughing so hard.
    Expect about 5 paragraphs of response on how you are a misogynist, and that you are a future woman abuser, and that you are the reason for the feminism movement, etc., etc.

I think what a lot of people fail to realize is that just because men shouldn't ever put up with a womans' bullshit, that he should also mistreat her and disrespect her. They are two mutually exclusive things.
    Treat her like a person, but don't put up with any bullshit.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Perfect, you seem to assume that any woman who's not a sobbing, fainting waif is 'trying to be a man'.

I'm not even going to dignify that by contradicting it.

And ABS, please stop going on about how all women are sexist fucktards. It pisses people off and does nothing productive.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Better yet, why don't you link to where I ever said that all women were sexist, instead of spouting off blatant lies?

8. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I think your girlfriend cheated in you and you never got over it. =p

9. kmguru Staff Member

I do not think Men are afraid...it is more like, in the business world, women do not accept or use the best practices....some do like the CEO of Pepsi "Nooyi", others do not....

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I think I agree with you. :bravo: And I think its happened with more than one girlfriend.

11. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Interesting, considering you just said this. Then made a BIG issue of how members assumed things about you in the Divorce Thread

This just said the other day.....
    Really now Hypocrite :bugeye: Looks like you are making a pretty big assumption about angrybell.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Shake it. Shake it, shake it.

Mikenostic

Shake your pom-poms all you want, but consider for a moment the idea of a solution. When faced with a statistical problem, such as violence against women, a society like the United States moves to address it. Is the traditionally narrow focus of such legislation (e.g., how did the Fourteenth Amendment not apply to women) the fault of women? Or is it a more general sociopolitical attitude that we should address?

Thus, I would appreciate a couple of objective considerations from you, ABS, or even our neighbor Perfect:

• How many men are raped by women in the United States each year?

• How many pregnant men are beaten by their female spouses or partners?​

You realize this implies you're holding women to a different standard than people?

Are you willing to reconcile that?

I mean, the sentence about what people fail to realize is morbidly hilarious; the sentence about mutual exclusivity puts it into the context of a typographical or syntactical error. But then you follow it up with the implication that women should be treated differently than "people".

Solutions to social issues are difficult on the best of days in the best of times. And, given that we ought to know by now—for history, psychology, and sociology sociology suggest so clearly that argument is unwise until something new and significant alters the formula—that no solution is permanent, it seems that whining and moaning without considering the genuine issues surrounding a perceived injustice and working to develop an appropriate response is an exercise in self-gratification.

In the meantime, an interesting case to follow would be that of William Kremer and Stacey Sperrazza. They got into an altercation that apparently ended with her attempting to flee in her car while he clung to the roof, punching her through the window. He has been charged with misdemeanor assault. She has been charged with felony reckless endangerment. I hope the media keeps covering this case. I'd love to read her lawyer's response to this. (See Yahoo!/AP.)

13. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

There is no such thing as a woman who knows what she wants. Next question?

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

In awe of your raper ... I mean rapier wit

Oooh. Zzzzing.

Oh, wait. Sorry, I'm not being hip enough.

Snap!

15. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

Please stop that pretentious statement, that statement is the hallmark of sexist feminists and lesbians everywhere, you should know better. Let’s face it Men don't need women more than women need men, and both of them can't get enough of each other when they enter the right relationship. It’s hard to say which one needs the other more. Men are generally more independent, women generally need somebody for anything; their girlfriend, mother, brother, anybody.A woman's emotion is distributed through all these people, which takes the burden off her boyfriend a little bit, and makes it appear she doen't need him. But women have a lot of emotion. A woman can spend two weeks with her girlfriend, then come home and still call her for hours on end. However, as a heterosexual, a man's life is not technically complete without a woman, and even then he finds ways to leave the house and take a break. Let me tell you something about men; they go mad when they see a new toy or woman but they all get bored, men easily get bored and are not socially(maybe even genetically) good at relationships or keeping things. A man can have 3 children from a woman and not know their current age or birthday; he may not even know one of the kids is not his. The reason why most men have trouble keeping a marriage is because they spend most of their life (perfectly fine) in relationships at most 6 months long, so its hard to stay with someone more than that period. Don't get me wrong, Men need women, they need it like they need food, but unlike women they (and I mean at least 80%of men) need it instantaneously and not perpetually, which is not coincidentally the way men think; they never think about the future, only immediate satisfaction. A man’s definition of the far future is 5 years or less. Men’s lackadaisical attitude pisses women off, and when women talk about equal rights and independence they are secretly trying to be equally aloof.
    Women need men, women can never stop needing men, and the difference between men and women is that women have a problem with reality more often. For women, reality is a construct by conspiring men who want to keep things the way there are. A woman can say things like “I have a dildo” so I don’t need a man, whereas men have toys like vibrating plastic vaginas too but would never admit it’s better than a woman. The reason is because men can easily and quickly end something, like the sensation from a plastic vagina or the feeling from just being with a real woman; men can do that, they are like computers, always computing and differentiating. Women need a man to compliment them, need them, think about them, and appreciate them (after doing all the first three). A woman without a man is just (again, as a heterosexual) a failed person who hasn’t been in a good relationship, a woman who says she doesn't need one is deluded, men can say they don't need women too but thats just deluded. Some women don't know what they want because these women don't know the first thing about honor. Women generally can't define honor, apart from don't be a slut and be a good mother, they do whatever they want. Men have been kept in-line by other men since the stone age. When next somone says they don't need the other sex they are fucking lying, technicaly no sapien needs the other sex for more than the 5 minutes to procreate but we have a huge life span and we need to spend our time somehow.

This is a stereotypical statement but true to a degree. Women tell guys what to do too, just that its usually too obvious an advise or irrational. I'm not making this up, one time my sister, her boyfriend, and I were in a room. He asked her for her advise on a matter, after she said something (my sister holds a college degree at a near ivy league school) the guy and I looked at each other in secret disapproval. We didn't say anything but we knew what we were thinking, its called the guy code. Guys don't have to talk, wen don't talk, which is why when we do talk we usually say something intelligent or exponentially dumb for laughs.

16. Bells Staff Member

I am going to take a bet and say the following was the "exponentially dumb for laughs" part:

"Please stop that pretentious statement, that statement is the hallmark of sexist feminists and lesbians everywhere, you should know better. Let’s face it Men don't need women more than women need men, and both of them can't get enough of each other when they enter the right relationship. It’s hard to say which one needs the other more. Men are generally more independent, women generally need somebody for anything; their girlfriend, mother, brother, anybody.A woman's emotion is distributed through all these people, which takes the burden off her boyfriend a little bit, and makes it appear she doen't need him. But women have a lot of emotion. A woman can spend two weeks with her girlfriend, then come home and still call her for hours on end. However, as a heterosexual, a man's life is not technically complete without a woman, and even then he finds ways to leave the house and take a break. Let me tell you something about men; they go mad when they see a new toy or woman but they all get bored, men easily get bored and are not socially(maybe even genetically) good at relationships or keeping things. A man can have 3 children from a woman and not know their current age or birthday; he may not even know one of the kids is not his. The reason why most men have trouble keeping a marriage is because they spend most of their life (perfectly fine) in relationships at most 6 months long, so its hard to stay with someone more than that period. Don't get me wrong, Men need women, they need it like they need food, but unlike women they (and I mean at least 80%of men) need it instantaneously and not perpetually, which is not coincidentally the way men think; they never think about the future, only immediate satisfaction. A man’s definition of the far future is 5 years or less. Men’s lackadaisical attitude pisses women off, and when women talk about equal rights and independence they are secretly trying to be equally aloof.
    Women need men, women can never stop needing men, and the difference between men and women is that women have a problem with reality more often. For women, reality is a construct by conspiring men who want to keep things the way there are. A woman can say things like “I have a dildo” so I don’t need a man, whereas men have toys like vibrating plastic vaginas too but would never admit it’s better than a woman. The reason is because men can easily and quickly end something, like the sensation from a plastic vagina or the feeling from just being with a real woman; men can do that, they are like computers, always computing and differentiating. Women need a man to compliment them, need them, think about them, and appreciate them (after doing all the first three). A woman without a man is just (again, as a heterosexual) a failed person who hasn’t been in a good relationship, a woman who says she doesn't need one is deluded, men can say they don't need women too but thats just deluded. Some women don't know what they want because these women don't know the first thing about honor. Women generally can't define honor, apart from don't be a slut and be a good mother, they do whatever they want. Men have been kept in-line by other men since the stone age. When next somone says they don't need the other sex they are fucking lying, technicaly no sapien needs the other sex for more than the 5 minutes to procreate but we have a huge life span and we need to spend our time somehow.

This is a stereotypical statement but true to a degree. Women tell guys what to do too, just that its usually too obvious an advise or irrational. I'm not making this up, one time my sister, her boyfriend, and I were in a room. He asked her for her advise on a matter, after she said something (my sister holds a college degree at a near ivy league school) the guy and I looked at each other in secret disapproval. We didn't say anything but we knew what we were thinking, its called the guy code."

I am sure the intelligent part of your post will appear sometime. Ermmm maybe. Ok. Not.

Chatha, that would have to have been one of the most ridiculous and, I must be honest, hilarious piece of crap, ever to grace the internet pages of this forum. It reads like it was taken from this gem of a website. Good concerted effort in trying to send your sex back to the dark ages. Don't forget your club and loin cloth.

17. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

i'm glad. But do you really think this is an objective discussion? I wasn't taking any side. But why is it that men's naturality is usually associated with stone ages but women's feminity is ...progressive? I never got an official memo. Are you trying to tell me that men getting bored is a stone age trait? Or that wanting many women is primitive? When it comes to sexual characteristics who decides what is archaic? Why is it that the truth is archaic? Shouldn't women stop painting their face with different colors? Isn't that sorta archaic too? Who decided these things?

18. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

You have to remember that you are dealing with someone that isn't afraid to state their desires for double standards on the basis of sex, thus why wouldn't they have plenty of double standards in their personal dealings as well?

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

angry bs, I'm not saying you deserved to be cheated on. I'm not saying it was your fault and 'what did you do to make them cheat on you'? I'm saying no one is born as angry as you and somewhere along the line you got screwed over. At the level of your anger, I'd say you got hurt more than once.
    What part of that is a double standard?

20. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Can someone point me in the right direction here. Is there a post where Angrybell
    said they were cheated on?

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

We don't really know what it is

While some of us might wonder who pissed in his Cheerios, I don't think your speculation is necessarily fair, Orleander. It could be any number of things. A woman who cheated on him; his mom cheated on his dad; his sister banged her boyfriend instead of him; he got beat up by a girl when he was nine; he secretly wants to be a woman; a random neurological or psychiatric condition that manifests itself as it does; it could be almost anything. And, besides, you're not taking into account his general misanthropy. There's a reason "angry" appears in his user name. It's part of his identity complex, quite obviously. And it's a broader anger than pure misogyny. Maybe his cat ran away when he was a kid.

I don't know. Maybe he's impotent. But settling on one theory and running with it? That's not exactly useful. Especially in this context.

22. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Bells, since you seem to be so enthralled in critiquing everyone else's posts, and not much else; let's hear your 'intelligent post' on the matter.
    You must be one of those feminazis that expects men to put you up on a pedestal, aren't you?

Probably not as many as there are women raped by men each year. What does this have to do with anything?

I would say none because the last time I checked, men don't get pregnant. Again, what does this have to do with anything?

How so?
    Let's talk about your incinuation of spousal abuse. I would never advocate hitting/physically abusing a woman, ever.
    But there are a few things in that physical realm that I would not consider physical abuse:
    -a woman comes up to me and takes a swing at me (whether it be her fist or a bat or an ASPH, etc.), and I didn't do anything to her first, I'm not just going to stand there and let her hit me. I will defend myself. If I have to take her to the ground and pin her to keep her from taking anymore swings or to disarm her, I will. I will not feel any remorse about that. Now if I were to disarm her or start punching back to the point of absolutely beating the crap out of her, then that would be physical abuse. Absolutely no guy that I've asked what they would do in that situation, said that they would just stand there and take it.
    The laws of domestic violence do favor the women, and justifiably so. But that in NO WAY, gives women the right to physically provoke men either.
    Just as the police are only allowed to use the amount of force needed to subdue someone, I would use that same judgement.

I don't hold women to a different standard. I would not ask any woman to do what I wasn't prepared to do myself.
    -I'm not the type to cheat, so I would expect the same from her. Some will forgive their partner for cheating. I won't. It's grounds for immediate and unredeemable dismissal.
    -I'm not the flaky type. If I'm not interested in someone, I will tell them. I do not play the jr. HS 'just don't return phone calls, they'll get the hint' game. I expect the same, but rarely get it. When women do flake out like that, I cannot have respect for them. I've had women online actually thank me for taking the time to tell them I'm not interested, and wished there were more like me.
    -I have an athletic build. I find fat(I'm not talking thick, voluptuous or a few extra pounds, I'm talking 250+ lbs nasty fat) very unattractive. I would have no problem telling my S/O they are getting fat, or even dismissing them if they do get fat. Wait for it....if I can take the time to stay in shape and not become a fat, greasy, bloated, 12 sandwich eating MF, then so can they. NOW, if I ever do get fat, then I will not say one thing about my partner's weight. Sounds like the same standards to me.
    -If/when I ever get asked loaded questions like "does this make me look fat?" or "What are you thinking about?" I give honest answers. If an article of clothing makes them look fat, I'll tell them.
    Ask a question you don't want an honest answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.
    How is this holding women to different standards?

I grimace at the fact that you sit there at your computer judging me so in depth from a few lines that I type on an internet forum, instead of actually asking why I think a certain way. If you can't take the time to do that, instead of typing of 15 pages of condescending responses, then just don't type anything at all. Or put me on ignore or something.
    I bet you that I treat women with more respect than you do.

I respect them, and will treat them like a person, but I'm not going to be a spineless 'yes man', nor will I put any woman up on a pedestal.
    In case you've been under a rock for the last 5000 years, women tend to not like men who kiss their ass and agree with them all the time.
    A lot of what I say may sound misogynistic, but it's not. It's just stark disapproval for the way some women act. Those women make all the good women out there look bad. Just like some jackass men make the rest of us look bad. But since I'm not the kind that looks at another guys' hairy ass and finds love, mens' behavior (other than my own) doesn't concern me.

Oh, and I love how that even though Perfect was the one that made the comments that I merely added to, you felt the need to come after me for some reason. You didn't give him an essay of a response. What gives?

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, a female cat perhaps?
    You're right, all those other things never even crossed my mind. They are all good theories. I just went with the women only want money/use men thing he goes on about. Like a woman dated him and dumped him for some guy with more money. A faithless women like that.