If you were president of the USA...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Adam, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Love it or hate it, the USA is currently the biggest dog on the block. So it serves for the purpose of this question. If you were the leader of that country, what would you do?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xev Registered Senior Member

Declare war on Canada!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

send a sniper after bush, blair and little johny

and then sink tassie and NZ

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

It would be soooo cool to give the state of the union while tripping on acid.

8. Seeker01 Guest

I'll sleep with all Hollywoods' actresses!

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Sounds about normal so far

Universal healthcare
    Defense cuts to offset
    Cooperative diplomacy
    Reinforce the First Amendment
    Examine closely the Second Amendment
    Legalize marijuana and other drugs, change focus to containment and maintenence
    Increase educational spending
    Spend much time with the nation figuring out what the hell crawled up the voters' asses and turned them into idiots (after all, theoretically, they elected me)
    Tack criminal CEO's and their cronies to the wall
    Prosecute all corporations that maintain or contribute to inappropriate overseas work conditions (e.g. child/slave labor)

It's very simple: break the economic cycle that spills into the social and familial. How much spousal and physical child abuse occurs because someone is frustrated by their job? How much of that frustration is necessary?

By and large, the focus of the administration would be healing at home; that is, we have many domestic issues to hammer out before we take our Big Stick out into the world again. Americans need to be smarter, so even if I don't start a war, end a war, or spend my whole administration trying to not call it a war, so be it. I've got bigger things to do, like gutting the insurance industry and setting the bank presidents on fire. Although I think the latter actually falls outside my Constitutional duties and privileges. In the end, I would hope to bring people a step closer to functionality so that we can put this stupid, overarching government back in its evil little box.

Oh, and I would sic the Attorney General on Congress. I do have a few scores to settle: the SDI betrayal, the S&L bailout, "trickle-down" economics, Zippergate--hell, the whole of the GOP during the Clinton administration was shameful.

I would settle some civil rights issues. I would hope to put to rest the "special rights" whiners by forcing them to explain how being allowed to have a job, being allowed to have a home, or receiving the entitled equal protection under the law constitutes a "special right". I would demand the anti-abortion crowd get its rhetoric straight; I seriously don't think they know what they're asking for.

But by and large, I would hope to make Americans just a little bit smarter, and hopefully smart enough to figure things out.

Oh, and the Saudis ... I would fly B-2 bombers over Saudi Arabia, dropping Victoria's Secret catalogs (a la Jimmy Buffet's Cold War Plan) 24/7. It's a personal score on behalf of America, that one.

And should war become necessary, I would engage in chemical warfare. Specifically, a consortium of the best illicit manufacturers on the American market would be invited to make as much LSD as they could, we would pack it as crystals, dilute it into spray-tanks, and lay a heavy acid rain over my enemies. They won't come down for months if we manage to get it into the groundwater.

The rest should be easy. Once the panic fire stops, they'll be out of ammo and half their forces will be out of the way. And they'll still be high.

thanx,
    Tiassa

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

votes for tiassa and then moves whereever he wants a war

11. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Step aside and let Tiassa run the show. I'll only end up declaring war with Mars or something :bugeye:

12. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Yep, I vote for Tiassa. Especially the LSD war policy. Chemical weapons which are for the most part non-lethal are a great way to do business.

13. Bachus Registered Senior Member

I would do the same as any other president and get lots of interns

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Adam ....

Talk about seeing tracers ....

Tiassa

15. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

While you're there Tiassa

Can you add to your list a promise to give us a say in how our tax dollars are spent? I'd also like to see an itemised account with my pay packet each week, because I'm pretty sure there are some taxes I don't agree with paying.
    Cheers
    Teri

16. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

What would I do?

• Major cut in spending on military, divert that money to public education
    • I would consider legalizing marijuana but not the rest of them. I'd discourage cigarette smoking
    • Use a simple robin hood formula; charge high taxes to the rich and have the poor and lower middle class pay me next to nothing
    • Funds from the military would also go to space exploration research, to accelerate our technological revolution. I'd make deadlines for the first man/woman on Mars, then Europa, Ganymede etc etc. Also provide a huge cash prize and funding for anyone that could break the light barrier (hey, who knows?)
    • Fund fuel cell, solar power research to make it cheaper and more efficient. I'd phase out our dependence on any oil. I'd also re-enter the kyoto treaty
    • I'd petition to annex mexico as part of the US, then make the US bilingual with English and Spanish. Why would I annex mexico? Drugs, and the drug war. The crime and the death and brutality behind drugs should at least be attempted to stop, and the mexican government cannot do this on its own.
    • Government benefits to corporations shown to practice better business, also to corporations who sell healthyish products and penalties for companies that do not

There you have it.

17. spookz Banned Banned

run tiassa run

"Oh, and I would sic the Attorney General on Congress. I do have a few scores to settle: the SDI betrayal, the S&L bailout, "trickle-down" economics, Zippergate--hell, the whole of the GOP during the Clinton administration was shameful.'

love it

"Oh, and the Saudis ... I would fly B-2 bombers over Saudi Arabia, dropping Victoria's Secret catalogs"

my pet peeve

18. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

• Legalize all drugs except heroin and cocain/variants but ban advertisment from the outset. Traders would need a licence.
    • Raise tax
    • Disarm nuclear weapons
    • Heavily change US foreign policy.
    • Change voting system to something more democratic
    • use proportional representation
    • ummmm cant think of any more.....

sorry for the lack of policy but i would need time to think.

19. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

or....

• Disband government

20. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Hmmm.....

I will fire Don Rumsfeld as defense secretary and hire Adam instead.

I will fire Condoleezza Rice as national security advisor and hire Xev instead. Xev will identify Canada as a threat to national security and convince Adam to carry out war plans against Canada while Adam is high on acid.

Strgrl can take Ashcroft's place as head of department of justice and send people to electric chair regardless guilty or not.

Nightfall will replace Alan Greenspan as federal reserve board chairman. She will likely drop interest rates when she is happy and raise interest rates when she is unhappy without any predictable pattern, but I am sure she will still do a better job than Greenspan himself.

Avatar will be the new director of office of national drug control policies replacing John Walters. He will legalize all drugs but eventually put most of the drug dealers out of business because they can't meet his "high" standard. Oh, I am sure he will be doing plenty of sampling himself.

Ari Flescher will step aside and become the understudy of Tiassa, the new press secretary. Tiassa will turn every question into a boring essay. He words will drive away all journalists like insect repellant.

Pollux Vee will be head of department of housing and urban development. I don't know why we need the position but at least I can pay him minimum wage to save tax payer money.

I am tempted to hire Bebelina as secretary of treasury in place of Paul O'Neal, but decided against it because I forgot Swedes can't balance a checkbook.

The rest of the cabinet will all be fired and I will become dictator. Mallory Knox will be the new leader of secret service. Any congress members won't don't agree with me will be assassainted by her goons.

21. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Actually, I'd declare war on TeletubbieLand

Best-episode-ever

23. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Don't be surprised if I build an intersection over your home, your friend's homes, and your relative's homes