China and India have agreed to establish a strategic and cooperative partnership

Discussion in 'World Events' started by cosmictraveler, Jan 14, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Manmohan is a smart cookie
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_China_can_dislodge_West_Manmohan/articleshow/2702750.cms

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

You think that war is inevitable ? I think not, there is too much money involved.. if there was too little, then I'd be concerned.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Yeah war is a pretty big stretch. India and China simply don't want one.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Niether did Europe in 1930.

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Nether did Europe in 1930, but again what is going on is one country, China controls 9/10 of the water source of Asia, and China is awakening, it is moving into the world scene and it has its own agenda, and that being said, India will be at the mercy of water, lack of water, India is moving on to the world scene to, it has its own agendas, and to complete those agendas it need water, and it has only one source of water that it can depend on and control, the Ganges.

This is a classic set up for war, 9/10 of a very precious resource for the region is in the hands of one country, a country who is expanding, and will be needing more and more resources for that expansion, and right next door is another country with the exact same needs, let see what happens.

The History of Mankind says there will be a war.

10. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Huh? There was a lot of war talk. Especially after the nazis got in lol.

11. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

India has dozens of rivers.

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The situation for New Delhi, and all of India, is only expected to worsen. India now uses an estimated 829 billion cubic yards of water every year — that is more than guzzling an entire Lake Erie. But its water needs are growing by leaps. By 2050, official projections indicate, demand will more than double, and exceed the 1.4 trillion cubic yards that India has at its disposal.

China Aims for Bigger Share of South Asia’s Water Lifeline - UN ...
    As China's hunger for primary commodities has grown, so too has its exploitation of Tibet's resources. And as water woes have intensified in several major ...
    http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/natres/water/2007/0626chinawater.htm

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why are there two threads with the same discussion?

14. Kadark Banned Banned

Yeah, India's population is way too compact. Do they have any regulations or limits on the number of children one can have?

I wonder what China's reaction will be when Pakistan attacks India. This is going to be very interesting.

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Germany with Poland, France, The Czech Republic,, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark.

Russia with Turkey, Finland, Poland, and then later with Germany.

China with Russia, Vietnam, India.

Japan with China.

Greece with Turkey.

16. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

You conveniently forgot the US, and Mexico.

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Well I guess I did, but I was thinking in terms of Asia and Europe, but it wasn't for convenience, I was going from memory.

The War between the U.S. and Mexico was from over a century ago, 1846 to 1848, the conflict I reference were from the late 20th Century.

Why do Moslems always gave to go back a century or more to try and provide justification for their actions?

That seem to me to be the problem, you never forget or forgive, you justify the murder and terrorism with action that are century old and action that never involved Islam.

But the Blood Price must be paid and its always the other who is at fault, Islam is perfect and the Infidel is scum.

ps: I also forgot Iraq and Iran, Kuwait.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

US and USSR?

Nuclear MAD?

19. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

You don't seem to have much of a grasp on the relations within the SCO, especially with the following relationships:

Russia -- India

China -- Pakistan

Russia -- China

India -- Pakistan

All four of these relationships are why India and Pakistan appear as green states on the map of the SCO.

20. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Everyone has a hell of a lot more to gain thru cooperation than war. Yet wars keep occurring. It's human nature. The Indians and Chinese are no different.

Here's how it might go. China dams a river that flows into India. India, seeing negotiations fail, bombs the dam. China, majorly pissed off, invades India. Pakistan says, "well, it's about time!" and joins in on the fun. Nukes start flying.

Meanwhile, US President George P. Bush (known as "P", Jeb Bush's son) says these recent incidents will require US troops to stay in Iraq a few more years.