Battlestar Galactica: Razor

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by superstring01, Nov 18, 2007.

1. superstring01 Moderator

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

While I'd prefer to see what happens next on the original BattleStar Galactica, I'm looking forward to Razor. I hope it's better than the phone.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. orcot Valued Senior Member

You know I really liked those 5minutes episodes of battlestar they've made 2 series by know and you can watch them on youtube. Offcourse I can't watch them because my internet providors need a new yacht for his newborn kittys.
    Therefore.. ah who cares if you like battlestar do some searching on youtube you'l find some interesting stuff

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

It's not a spin-off movie persay... It's supposed to be a teaser/jumpstart for the next and final season starting 1st quarter 2008. It looks badass... but thats because BSG IS badass.

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Great episode. The commander of the pegasus is a fuckin psycho! And six was her lesbian lover! Shooting the XO i the head for being reasonable. Killing civilians and looting their ships.

Then we got some classic cylons and starbuck saying, "I love it when a plan comes together". which was the catch phrase of the guy who played starbuck in the original series. Of course it was his catch phrase when he played in The A-Team, not BattleStar Galactica.

And
    Kera Thrace will lead the human race to its end. She is the herald of the apocalypse. The harbinger of death. They must not follow her.​

Is that true? Did he say it knowing he'd immediately jam her transmission just to fuck with the her? Or was it a lie to mislead us into not trusting Starbuck when we should?

Worse of all, no more episodes until March! Frack that!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  9. superstring01 Moderator

Cain's a lessssssssbian. Nice twist, and that fact that it was totally matter of fact sort of a side note, "non issue", but still interesting. I wonder what sort of little "tricks" a cylan can do in bed?

About your question about Starbuck: I think that the Cylon is right but not the way you think. I have believed, since the beginning, that humans and cylons have a common future and Starbuck will be the end of both because only "hybridized" can both survive. So in a sense, she will be the end, but also a new beginning.

I think that when they get to Earth, they will find the original home of humanity that left eons ago only to arrive on Cobol... only to leave that world and found the 12 colonies.

We'll see.

~String

PS, I think that Admiral Adama is a Cylon. Leoban wispered that to Thrace in an early episode, and I believe him.

10. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Interesting theory. Certainly the Cylons seem obsessed with hybrids. It may be that the humanoid Cylons can not survive as they are, but the humans were doing just fine until the Cylons nuked them!

If the Cylons needed human-cylon hybrids to survive, why not just abduct a few humans from the twelve colonies rather than almost exterminating humanity? That way they'd maintain an ample supply in case their first hybrids don't work out.
    A reasonable hypothesis. The original series didn't go that route, but this one could. That would put the series in the far future.
    Wasn't it you who said that the original idea was to have all the number 2's be cylons? Anyway, it's getting a bit much with every major character turning out to be a Cylon!

11. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

No.
    That was Hannibal, not Face.

12. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I think you're right. Still, a pretty funny reference.

13. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

I agree.

On Starbuck being the herald of the apocalypse, I don't know what to think. Humanity cannot end if you believe the "All this has happened before, and all this will happen again" line of thought (which the cylon hybrid seemed to believe in). I was thinking that Starbuck might lead the fleet to Earth, but with the cylons right behind them. The cylons then destroy the cities of the Earth, but only as a last gasp as they are themselves being killed by the cylon virus. As the survivors of Earth flee, Earth becomes the new Kobol.

14. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Interesting idea. So the Cylons attack earth. We defeat them but the earth is devastated in the process. Then a new diaspora occurs. We establish new colonies, build new robots, and set the whole damned thing in motion again.

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Yeah, that's a good point - aren't their little archaeological waypoints getting older the further down Earth's trail they go? 2000 years old, then 3000, then 4000? Or so it says on the BG wiki. That rather suggests that the inhabitants of Kobol came from Earth, not the other way around.

I liked the 'confirmational' announcements of the sponsor supermarket Quizno's last night at each commercial: "So it's confirmed that Cain and Six are lessssbian lovers. This is a fact." ....WTF was that, anyway?

"So it's now confirmed that Cain is a lesbo. That's right: she likes snatch. Big fan of carpet. Likes a little box. Some people on Pegasus call her 'Boxy'. Ooooh, that's a sexy one. She has a fascination with tuna. She plays kiss and tell with the man in the boat. Taco trollop. Oh, yeah."

That was the funniest part of last night. "So it's confirmed: Cain dines at the Y." What the hell was that meant to help us with, anyway?

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

That would be quite a change from the original series. Remember this:
    "There are those who believe... that life here... began out there. Far across the universe. With tribes of humans... who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians... or the Toltecs... or the Mayans... that they may have been the architects of the Great Pyramids... or the lost civilizations of Lemuria... or Atlantis... Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man... who even now fight to survive... somewhere beyond the heavens."

That used to run in the opening credits of the old series.

Here's a funny video I came across that features BSG characters doing a hell of a lot of partying.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PCuEey4Swk

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  17. vslayer Registered Senior Member

just downloaded it today, extremely disappointed with it. how the hell does 90minutes of pointless flashback with nothing but "emotional drama" set up for the 4th season?

18. Xev Registered Senior Member

But but, they have another annoying revalation about Starbuck's special destiny! And this time it's different! And we learned that Cain really was psychotic, but this time it's different because she was a lesbian and that's really really hot. Oh and we learned that killing innocent people for no reason tends to make you not like yourself.

And we learned this through flashbacks to flashbacks of flashbacks. It's an infinite regress!

Mostly crap, although I did think the new/old cylon centurians were cool. They reminded me of Stormtroopers.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh god, I can see them doing that. But, Ty is a cylon, Chief is a cylon, Starbuck may or may not be a cylon, too damn much if every one of my favorite characters turns out to be a cylon.

19. orcot Valued Senior Member

I can see cain and six doing that

20. Bradley364 DIG HARD! Registered Senior Member

BSG Razor was amazing. I love that show.

21. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Exactly what I said. Look at this picture of all the major characters:

How many are known or suspected Cylons? By my count, five of the nine. If we throw in Adama, that makes it six and a half (Adama's son would then be a hybrid) of the nine! Are there any humans on Galactica?

22. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

well, if lee realy is adamas son, than he can't be a cylon... they seem to have dificulty with traditional means of reproduction

oh and having the classic centurions really awesome... was kind of hoping for some of the purple leader guys to show up though. The hybrid experiment ship looked like a mix between the old basestars and the new ones too, which was cool. and the prophety bathtub cylon looked alot like john colicos, the guy you used to play baltar...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  23. superstring01 Moderator

Negative.

Sharon had a halfbreed... and I think there's someone else in there who's procreated who is a Cylon.

Er... I think.

~String