University: All Whites Racist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. countezero Registered Senior Member

The above is just more of the same, Tiassa. You've been challenged and called out onto the carpet, so you typically fill the screen with as much chum as you can in the hope that volume (and the ferocity of your childish anger) will overpower quality. I hope others do as I do and don't bother reading your rubbish.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I am amused by the conservative habit of criticizing what they claim to have not read:

Or, perhaps ....

I mean, really. If you don't want to bother reading what I write, that's fine. But the idea that you would then go out of your way to post insults?

Perhaps I'm going about this wrongly. First Max. And then Mountainhare. And here we've got you and your buddy String. Y'all do realize, don't you, that the only reason I'm so damned important is that you've decided I am?

And that's easy enough for y'all to fix. Or, at least, it should be.

But why am I so important to you?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

Your'e fun, Tiassa.

~String

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. countezero Registered Senior Member

I read about a line or two of your posts and if I recognize it as chum, which it typically is once your omnipotence has been challenged, then I stop. As for important, who thinks they are important? You're the sad soul who spills hundreds (in this case, thousands) of words in a thread like this, one assumes, in the vain hope that people will read your rants and be swayed by them. So yeah, I enjoy robbing you of that little joy. And watching you fume and make an ass out of yourself when you don't get your way.

So to sum up, I don't think responding to you and calling you on your crap makes you important. In fact, it properly contextualizes you. Or just consider it like this: Some people are sick of the way you behave. They're going to voice that frustration so long as you behave the way you have in this thread...

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Interesting journalism there; if this is your pattern of enquiry and debate.

9. countezero Registered Senior Member

Right Sam, try to make it about me. How brave (and wholly original) of you. Next, please?

10. mountainhare Banned Banned

Tiassa:
    Far more than that, Tiassa. The difference between them and me is that they are apathetic, because they know that you are immune from being disciplined for your unprofessional behaviour. But I'm sure as hell not going to let you get away with it. Every time you break the rules, I will report you, and will push for the mods to do their damn job, and actually give you an infraction. The gloves are off.

11. superstring01 Moderator

You make me laugh, that makes you of enormous value. I'm surrounded by left-wing ideologues who are actually nice, so I don't want to create any animosity at work. You aren't all that likable, so it's okay to garner your unfounded wrath.

I have to admit... we're all sort of competing over who can instigate you into posting the largest diatribe.

Thus far, I think, I'm winning... though, I think that Counte has me beat in overall posts from you in all topics.

So, please, OH PLEASE, spew out more liberal shibboleths... but, I HAVE A NIFTY IDEA, make it a really really long post. Don't address any of the facts, just attack me (OH HELL, go ahead, attack Counte, Mountainhare and Madanthony while you're at it) and make sure you avoid any culpability at all costs. Tell us how really-really-I-MEAN-IT-super-duper-bad conservatives are, but use lots of words, and BETTER YET, spin the whole thing so that you are the innocent liberal fending off a conservative onslaught.

Oh... um... don't forget to make it really long and boring. Like... UNREADABLY long.

'Cause that would be original and new for you.

Really.

~String

12. mountainhare Banned Banned

superstring, don't bother. He's attempting to bait you. Just report him.

13. superstring01 Moderator

Bait me? No, my friend, I've gotten more posts from him than anybody else. I'm winning by a long shot.

(Oh, and report him to whom? I'm the mod of this forum, I guess I could delete his posts, but then that defeats the purpose. It's a debate-- he's welcome to make it as personal as he likes. I said this once before, I don't "report" posts. It's a website. I'm a big boy. I'll live.)

~String

14. mountainhare Banned Banned

super:
    Why not give him an infraction? That's what the mods do to me when I break the rules... Hell, they do it to me when I DON'T break the rules!

15. superstring01 Moderator

I, honestly, don't think he's breaking the rules, Mount. It's a political debate forum, it gets ugly. Tiassa enjoys taking it down that path, and I won't give out infractions [any more] to people who offend me. I also have a rule against reporting posts that offend me-- if I don't like what's being said, I'll just click off the website.

(oh, and I've never tried to give out infractions to fellow mods, I honestly don't think that I can)

Again, I refer you back to the point that (a) I'm not offended and (b) I really don't think that Tiassa has crossed the line. If this were some other thread in another forum, then maybe. But it's politics for Pete's sake! Some people just HAVE to make it personal. I can live with that.

~String

16. mountainhare Banned Banned

super:
    Is that some kind of fucking joke? I've been given infractions on this very forum for 'personal attacks'. Maybe not by you, but that's not the point.

And apparently you need to read the rules:

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=1424541&postcount=2

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Your priorities are your own.

18. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

The previous thread you made reference to was created in response to an article regarding a conservative professor trying to get a job at a university. But the OP clearly stated:
    So I wanted to discuss the general lack of intellectual diversity on University Campuses. The starting off point for the discussion was indeed the specific case of Mark Moyar. You dug up some of his articles and managed to show that, in fact, some of his views were a bit extreme. And that, perhaps, the university was acting reasonably in not hiring him. Yet the fact remains that the members of the faculty in the department he applied to all were members of one political party. Coincidence?

In keeping with the original thread topic (intellectual diversity), I then listed some other examples of liberal intolerance. For instance, the "joke" you made reference to was a professor saying, in class, that all Republicans should be executed. The other topic brought up in that thread was about a guy brought up on sexual harassment charges for suggesting a few conservative titles be added to a reading list for incoming students.

The merits of a particular case do not make or break an argument over the atmosphere at universities in the US. Yet you seem to feel that presenting additional evidence to support my thesis is childish and dishonest. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The ironic thing is that your lack of insight and understanding of the point of view of the other side exemplifies the necessity for intellectual diversity.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  19. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

hopefully people are getting pretty tired of all this bullshit by now

20. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

racist.jpg (JPEG Image, 480x336 pixels)

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Huwy

That cartoon reminds me of this time my brother and I were driving to Costco. On the way, the sports radio covered a fight that had taken place at a NASCAR event. Some jokes were made, and after a stop at the bank, a trip through a massive warehouse store, waiting in a huge line, and toting everything home, we sat and listened to what became a fight of at least two hours, only surrendering and turning off the radio when an old (white) woman called and compared NASCAR jokes to the racial slurs of the Civil Rights era. We simply couldn't take any more. That, and the chicken was thawing in the trunk.

22. countezero Registered Senior Member

And what's the point of the above?

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Old women crying "racist"? The silliness of white people screaming about race? The toxic standards by which whites treat racism? Maybe white folks aren't generally in a position to understand, much less comment about and criticize the policy. It's obvious that some who are offended have sought to apply the standard wrongly, specifically so that they can claim offense. Watching people get all primadonna about this suggests the unwieldy application of "racist" has some merit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.