The "homophobic" lie

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Tiassa, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

A quote from one of my Sciforums neighbors:

And now, for something completely different:

One of the things that strikes me about this brand of homophobia is its self-centered origin. After all, the solution so many propose in response to female soldiers who want to sleep without being violated by a man is that they shouldn't be in the service. In the end, such homophobia may well be a petulant extension of a broadly-seeded male sexual fantasy. Men want to be propositioned, want easy access to sex, but from women. So they project their own sexual aggression onto other men, which makes the homosexual all the more frightening, because the frightened het-man is imagining that the gay is as sexually aggressive, nondiscriminating, and indifferent to proper human respect as the het-man believes himself to be.

In the end, the paranoid hets are all imagining that gay men will be as ridiculous and annoying as the hets themselves, and in the hets' minds, everyone already knows that you're only supposed to treat women like that.

It's okay to admit to temptation, people. The saddest thing of all is that the fear comes entirely from within. And all for superficial lies, all to maintain a façade against your own, groundless self-loathing?

Your fear is a lie. It is your own lie. You are the only one who can lift the burden.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

Gay guys not in the military? What a load of shit.
    At least a quarter of the guys in the army are MOST PROBABLY gay. It would surprise the greater majority how many people are either bi or simply gay... What's the count again? One in every three people are likely gay or bi?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

Thus extermination phase of all gays shall start

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

''Thus extermination phase of all gays shall start''

Oh well then... bye bye America.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

agreed. Is the guy from Iran???

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And once again, you're equating the dislike or hatred of gays to "fear" of them. I know of virtually no one who is afraid of gays.

Perhaps, Tiassa, you're using your own feelings to project it onto others?

What fear? Why are you afraid of gays, Tiassa? And even if you are, why should you project your own fears onto others?

As to women in the military, I'm more than 100% supportive. But by the same token, I don't think that men and women can function properly in such close proximity without sex rearing it's ugly head. I think women should have their own battalions, separate from the male battalions.

As to gays in the military? I think that's fine, but they should wear pink berets and little pink, patent leather booties! And if they're paratroopers, their parachutes should be pink and fluffy with white lace trimmings.

Baron Max

10. DeepThought Banned Banned

Tiassa,

Maybe in America but certainly not everywhere on Earth.

Many cultures still adhere to strong family values where such behavior from men or women would be considered unacceptable.

Is it really?

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

any one here of the golden band. they were one of the few units that every beat a unit of spartans. it was 300 homosexuals. after the battle the spartan general had this to say of the golden band let no man say that anything these men did was amoral or unmanly. um yeah that proved that gays not a problem in the milatary

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, sure ....but they were ALL homosexuals. Don't you see the difference?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

it does not matter because the arguement is that the homosexuals will be distracted by being turned on by males serving with them. and also you ignored the fact that the spartans said they did NOTHING AMORAL

14. Reiku Banned Banned

I find that amusing.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I would think that in a major battle or fierce combat, the very last thing on anyone's mind would be sex!!

It's in the barracks or during normal duty where the problems arise. And it's the same with het males and females serving together ...there's a natural attraction that one just can't overlook or pretend doesn't exist.

Gays should be formed into their own battalions and have virtually no contact with het battalions. Ditto for female battalions. Simply don't mix the two and there won't be any problems!

I still think pink berets and pink parachutes for gay paratroopers would be so neat, huh? ...LOL!

Baron Max

16. Reiku Banned Banned

But then, there is getting the closit guys and garls to admit there gay..
    Just give them medication to kill there sexual desires. They've done it before, they can do it again.

17. Reiku Banned Banned

''I still think pink berets and pink parachutes for gay paratroopers would be so neat, huh? ...LOL!''

Yeh... the bloody battle on field has now turned into handbags at dawn!

18. Ripley Valued Senior Member

I wonder. Because the hetero-male, wishing to subvert his fear of the homo-male, will indubitably resort to emasculating the homo-male figure—rendering him less daunting, like so:

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Notes around

I want to break that into two parts. First, you're right. Secondly, you're wrong.

I agree with your basic point, but if we take a look at socially conservative, monotheistic cultures, we see a deep-rooted tendency to displace the actions of men by blaming some inherent aspect of women. It's not universal, and Sufis, at least, tell stories to account for and counteract the phenomenon within the cultures they find it, but nothing's perfect. I would be interested, however, to see the threshold at which there is no blaming of the rape victim, and the sexual currency of a woman's mere existence is devalued beyond practical effect. Depending on definitions, a high-value sexual currency coincides with many cultural "family values".

Start broadly: Western culture ... Eastern culture? White culture ... Everyone else? Yellow? Brown? Red? Is there a chartreuse? Christian? Jewish? Muslim? Hindu? Buddhist? Hell, is there a properly atheist culture yet? Define culture however you want. At what point are we literally sifting for molecules? At what point does that sexual currency disappear? We can expect a certain correlation regarding that threshold: the populations that exist below it also are fairly small populations.

Aside from those, show me a stable and established culture that does not feature prostitution. Or show me a stable and established culture where the majority of the prostitutes are men?

Which raises the obvious point: Men, from an evolutionary standpoint, are extraneoous. Literally, all we do is hold the sac until we're called upon to empty it. In order to function in our dreary lives, we men seek to perform our evolutionary function. We will love it, lie for it, in some cases steal it, and quite often buy it. And sometimes, just to finish the rhyme, we'll even die for it.

As relates to the lie that is homophobia, Deep Thought, I would ask you to start with a realistic, applicable reason why not. Because whether it's an aesthetic or biological-utility rejection, homophobia still pertains to the purpose of males in the human species.

Thus, I would suggest to you that the parts of the world in which you will find your argument validated will also feature different attitudes toward homosexuality. Those cultures will, statistically speaking, most likely reject it. But they will have different reasons, different expressions of priority.

• • •​

You know virtually nobody.

(A) Start with the topic post's first citation.
    (B) Try something a little more tangible than a virtual personality, like the results of the 2004 election.
    (C) Realize that not all fear is identified by the high-pitched "Eek!" you hear from afar.​

Why would I be afraid of gays, Max?

Oh, I see ... my bad. I forgot my mandatory Americans With Disabilities Act adjustments for the contextually-challenged.

My sincere apologies to my contextually-challenged neighbors, even though many of you have no clue why I'm apologizing.

• • •​

It's a closeted aspect of a closeted perspective of a closet fear. Something akin to a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a vest.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  20. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

gotta give it to you max, at least your consistently pro segregation... Yeah, Female Battalions and male battalions do exist, Females are not allowed to be Artillerywomen, I think none are in spec ops. (not sure though). But yeah. GO THE BOUDICCA BATTALION.

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

What are they hiding?

Anyway I'm starting to wonder about our homophobes and what they're hiding ....

It's a good thing Max didn't say anything about nurses.

I mean, that would be a Billy Wirtz nightmare in the making:

Funny thing is, there's even a closet homo moment in the beginning of that song, but that's beside the point.

What is the point? Go buy, download, or otherwise steal a copy of that song.

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I don't know, Tiassa, but you're the one who is constantly bringing it up and trying to get everyone to believe in "fear" of homosexuals. So, ....why ARE you afraid of homosexuals?

But, ...you sure do type up a bunch of crap, don't you, Tiassa. All that long, involved post and you said almost nothing. You type words, Tiassa, lots of fuckin' words, but you can't seem to just say what you mean. Are you, somehow, someway, afraid to actually say what you mean? Or is it that you don't fuckin' know what you mean?

And again, I know of no one who's afraid of gays.

Baron Max

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, it's a naturally occuring event all over the entire planet ...blacks live with blacks, Mexicans live with Mexicans, Chinese live with Chinese, ....... It happens in all of our major cities, all of the time. Every major city that I know has a "China Town", a "Little Mexico", a "Little Italy", a "Harlem", ......, and all of the other segragated populations. It's easy to see ...how can one not see it? And more to the point, I suppose, why can't people admit it?

Baron Max