Leahy stalks the Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buffalo Roam, Jul 25, 2007.

1. superstring01 Moderator

A request was submitted to me to change the title. I was told that the creator of this thread had a freudian slip and mixed up the names. As usual, you attempt to spin something out of nothing.

What, you've never mistaken one politician for another?

~String

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So is it Leahy or Spector?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

Ugh... I don't really know. I'm not even a part of the debate. In fact, when I stopped to think about it... none of the information provided in this thread rang a bell with me, and it didn't register as important enough to google the relevant facts. But, being the diligent mod, I just complied with the request. I cannot be held responsible for the quality and/or content of information contained therein.

~String

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

S.A.M. ... I say let's just ride with it and see where it goes. This could actually be amusing, you know. Maybe even an enlightening peek into human nature.

Light one up, kick back, and enjoy the show.

8. superstring01 Moderator

I say we just keep renaming the thread to see if we can continue confusing the shit out of folks.

What shall I change it to next!

MAN I FEEL THE AWESOME POWERS OF THIS MOD POSITION!

MUA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAA!

~String

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sounds like a Jekyll Hyde kinda show.

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I find it funny but spidergoat provided the link to what I had heard on the news report, and it was Specter who started this, but Leahy as the head of the SJC would have to be in on it to start the investigation, and as I said it shows congress that is out of control.

They are picking a fight with the Executive and now they want to pick a fight with the Judicial?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0707/5099.html

But it seems the Demorats are into it up to their necks.

Do we have a case of undue influence here?

It is OK for a Liberal judges to be activist on the Bench, but a Conservative
    is in trouble for being a strict constructionist? and being a activist about it?

Can anyone say double standard?

ps: Specter isn't a Conservative.

11. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

He is a RINO.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Hear, hear!

How about, "Rampaging B--" . . . er, never mind.

Okay, okay. How about, "Why Democrats are Shite, chapter 6"?

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

There's nothing in the OP about Leahy, it's all about Specter, just as the original (more accurate) title had it.

15. superstring01 Moderator

Great. Wonderful. I could not possibly care less... I only complied with the request of the thread's original creator. I suggest you PM him and take up your petty beaf with him. Let him have it!

~String

16. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

That first video is quite revealing. I can't believe how many times he looked back at his attorneys for basic answers that he should of known.

Now it all makes sense as to why he hasn't been fired. No one in their right mind would take the A.G position after Gonzales. If they did, they'll have to do one of two things. Either expose the myriad of cover-ups, or sabotage their entire career and reputation by continuing the cover-up.

This is just another nail in the coffin for this administration.

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Why PM about the main topic of the thread ?

I wasn't complaining about mod behavior, or the title change itself - just obliquely pointing out the implications of that particular request for the topic.

18. superstring01 Moderator

No. You were bitching and implying some pernicious behavior where there was none. As if the left side of the aisle doesn't engage in ANY "media management". You're so grotesquely delusional ice... you actually have fooled yourself into thinking that either (a) the dems are the good guys and the reps are the bad guys or (b) that they are both somehow bad, but the reps are really bad. You talk like an informed guy, but what comes out tells another story about your awareness of the larger issues and their implications.

~String

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The fact is that I wanted to show that the Congress is out of Control under the Democrats, that they ignore the Constitution, Case Law, and Congressional Law, with regularity, they are picking fights with the other two branches of the government, there is a witch hunt to criminalize anything a Conservative does, to try and use ever thing that is said by conservative to make a case for Perjury, it is becoming obvious this is nothing more than a case of getting even for the Impeachment Charges brought against Clinton.

They find it to be OK, when their people ignore the Constitution, "Stare Decisis et non quieta movere" and change Supreme Court Case Law, but two Conservative Judges The Honorable Samuel Alito, and the Honorable John Roberts, do the same thing the Liberals go nuts, and I was correct in that it was Specter who started this and Specter is no Conservative, he is a true RHINO, but he could not have started this with out Leaky Leahy, the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The President has done nothing that any other President in the firing of the U.S. Attorneys, there is no law that says he can't, he is the head of the Executive Branch and these are political appointments, so they can be fired for political reasons, plus the fact of the separation of powers

20. superstring01 Moderator

Why not? The Dems are just as good at playing these games as the Republicans.

~String

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So the idea is that the Supreme Court should not be questioned?

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No-- The problem is that Specter and Leahy want to go back to the confirmation hearing and see if they can say the Judges Lied in the process of being confirmed, and then the next step would be to look for impeachment charges.

The point that Specter is going after is the statement about their views of the principle of Stare Decisis, and as I said, Specter is not a conservative as the decisions he is upset about reinforced the Constructionist View of what the Constitution is, vs: The Living Constitution view. The decisions that were changed were 5/4 decisions that changed standing decisions from other Supreme Court Cases.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

After seeing some of the US attorney hearings, I am surprised anyone even questions the legitimacy of this questioning.

Sounds like the Supreme Court is filled with a bunch of looneys who think the US public is a large brainless twit.