One of the Worst Days of my Life (illegal immigration bill)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sandy, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandy Banned Banned

Oh for God's sake. Who are Christian fundies and who are they killing? I want in the past 10 years. Not the crusades. And I'm not interested in some freak who hits a baby-killing clinic. I want to hear about born-again Christians doing anything violent to anyone in the name of Jesus Christ. I've asked this question before and the silence is deafening.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superstring01 Moderator

It's exactly the same... those people were very wrong and very evil, WAY BACK ABOUT A THOUSAND YEARS AGO! The actions of THOSE people can hardly be used to justify the actions of people today.

Moreover, even there are christians in recent history who have killed innocent muslims, then THEIR actions cannot justify this current slate of terrorism either. Remember what your mommy used to say, "Two wrongs don't make a right." Well, she was probably on to something.

~String

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

peta9,

I was just pointing out the reason why they are there. I don't deny there are plenty of people outside prison who had a shitty childhood (maybe those poeple had the worsE? Who knows.... :shrug: ?)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

In the recent invasion of Iraq by the US, many of whose military commanders are fundie Christians, several of those military commanders claimed to be doing their God's will, representing their God in this assault, etc.

And the fundie Christian president, the Commander In Chief under US law, did describe the US ventures as a crusade at one time. He also, just before walking on stage in front of the cameras to announce the beginning of the assault (which had begun months ago, but this was the ceremonial speech), pumped his fist and said "Feels good!".

8. John99 Banned Banned

9. sandy Banned Banned

Poor example. War and attacking innocent civilians are two entirely different things. Just admit there is no Christian version of alQaeda whose goal is to convert/kill infidels.

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Ann Coulter

Gary Bauer

Gary North

George W. Bush

James Dobson

11. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Lessee: in the 9/11 attacks, if we assume almost every person killed in the WTC and on the planes was both "innocent" and "civilian", the ratio of innocent to combat kills by the terrorists was about 25/1.

We can't get good data from the military, but estimates from the Lancet surveys based on the same criteria as we just used for the 9/11 attacks puts the ratio of innocent to combat kills in the Iraq invasion sort of vaguely between 2/1 and 30/1, on the back of my envelope.

So from the innocent civilian's poiint of view, the differences would seem somewhat technical.

12. sandy Banned Banned

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Should we also get rid of the diseased parasitic tourists, business and student travelers too?

"Every year, thousands of illegal immigrants come to the Carolinas to work in poultry, construction and other industries. But undocumented workers are not the only ones entering the United States without being tested for TB. While refugees receive the tests, many immigrants traveling on tourist, business and student visas do not, according to experts."

14. sandy Banned Banned

Feds busted 81 criminal aliens in the Poconos. 50 milliion more to go.

http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18497417&BRD=2185&PAG=461&dept_id=614635&rfi=6

Feds also busted 17 criminal aliens who ran from their van and into nearby homes in Mission scaring the cr@p out of residents.

http://www.newschannel5.tv/2007/6/20/973254/Man-Finds-Illegals-Inside-His-Kitchen

http://www.newschannel5.tv/2007/6/20/973225/-Illegals-Caught-Near-Elementary-School

And at least 17 more on Nantucket.

http://www.ack.net/raid062007.html

I don't know why they don't just go to the rallies/protests/ and marches. They could have caught thousands there.

NO ONE should travel with TB. They are inconsiderate morons if they do. They should be arrested, fined, and jailed for attempted murder when they're caught.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  15. countezero Registered Senior Member

So you think there is no moral difference between casualties that occur because of collatoral damage and those that occur as a result of an action undertaken for no other point than killing the innocent? Such an absolutist position is poppycock, if you ask me.

16. sandy Banned Banned

Border patrol agents in San Diego notice a suspicious SUV and follow it to the border. There they see 20 Mexicans on the U.S. side of the border erecting a metal ramp so that the SUV could climb over the wall and back into Mexico. They didn't make it. The guys bailed out of the SUV and ran back to Mexico.

BP found 60 bags of marijuana. They called Mexican authorities to report the men. But no one did anything about it.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20070621-1208-bn21drugramp.html

The once beautiful, breathtaking San Diego has become a cesspool filled with these criminal alien parasite POS.

Meanwhile 131 criminal aliens have tested positive for TB.

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070620/NEWS01/706200388/1004/NEWS01

And ICE agents arrested 3 criminal aliens selling false immigration documents.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/06/21/news/breaking/06210734567.txt

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

He once claimed he is an agent of God to bring about the "rapture"...

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Here's a good read. A little quote from it:

"Whatever Mr. Bush's personal beliefs, the ideology of the Christian Right is both familiar and congenial to him. This strange amalgam of ideas can perhaps throw light on the behaviour of a President, who, it is said, believes that God chose him to lead the world to Rapture, who has little interest in social reform, and whose selective concern for life issues has now inspired him to veto important scientific research. It explains his unconditional and uncritical support for Israel, his willingness to use "Jewish End-time warriors" to fulfil a vision of his own — arguably against Israel's best interests — and to see Syria and Iran (who seem to be replacing Saddam Hussein as the "enemy of the north") as entirely responsible for the unfolding tragedy.

Fundamentalists do not want a humanly constructed peace; many, indeed, regard the United Nations as the abode of Antichrist. The willingness of the U.S. to turn a blind eye to the suffering of innocent people in Lebanon will certainly fuel the rage of the extremists and lead to further acts of terror. We can only hope that it does not take us all the way to Armageddon."

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache...ocalypse tribulation&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=ca

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :roflmao:

"President Bush Rigorously Defends Immigration Bill to His Rapidly Imploding Base of Xenophobic Crackers
    THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon. Today I want to take a minute to gab atcha about the new bipartisan immigration bill which I'm betting the farm will be the only part of my legacy that isn't a big sloppy shit sandwich. Now for some mysterious reason, lots of folks don't like my policy – and a big chunk of my base is even trying to get it killed in Congress. Luckily, it's not the all-important Corporate Gazillionaire Plutocracy part of my base. No, it's just the piss-ignorant, dirt-poor, trailer trash KKK Bible zombie part of my base. And me and Karl Rove know how to play them like a cheap jew's harp. [Thumbs Up.]

http://www.whitehouse.org/

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

22. countezero Registered Senior Member

I find it amusing that you've made several sentimental arguments based on the loose concept of things such as "right" and "eqaulity" and now you post a graphic joking about the exploitation of illegals by calling it what it is: Slave labor, which in my opinion, is another reason the border should be sealed and the practice stoppped (See Victor Davis Hanson's Mexifornia for a similar, better developed argument).

Truly, you are a hypocrit.

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Well, now we're down to deporting developmentally-disabled US citizens for crimes of heritage. I hope the rabid, nationalist hatemongers are happy. Soon, maybe we can make you folks really happy and start deporting the blacks to Liberia.

It reminds me of a protest against Charlie Chaplin--who was born in the UK, made one of the quickest ascents from the poorhouse to millionaire status ever known, and was kicked out of the US as a result. One sentiment was, "Deport Chaplin! Send him to Russia!"

So, maybe we can make the nationalist hatemongers even happier by sending the blacks to Mexico, and the hispanics to Africa.

Guzman, who was born in Los Angeles and lived about 70 miles north in Lancaster with his mother, could barely read and write, Soller said. He did not know his phone number and kept his brother's telephone number on a piece of paper.

But the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency in a written statement denied Guzman's deportation, which followed immigration checks at the jail, was improper.

"ICE only processes persons for removal when all available credible evidence suggests the person is an alien," ICE officials said. "That process was followed here and ICE has no reason to believe that it improperly removed Pedro Guzman."

The ACLU said Guzman told booking officers that he was born in California.

"This is a recurring nightmare for every person of color of immigrant roots," Mark Rosenbaum, the legal director of the ACLU in southern California, said in a statement.
    (Reuters)​

I'm having trouble figuring ICE's position on this one, I admit. Either they're saying that they didn't deport him (seemingly explicit), or that they deported him according to proper procedure. The Reuters article, it should be noted, differs from prior reports in two important ways:

Reuters: "The last thing she heard him do was ask someone nearby 'Where am I?' and then the line went dead," Soller said. Guzman has not been heard from since and is assumed lost in Mexico.

CNN: Carvajal, a brown-haired woman with glasses, said he called the family on May 11 to say he was deported but the phone cut off before she could find out where he was ....

.... Guzman's brother, Michael Guzman, said last week that during a phone call to the family the 29-year-old said he had been deported and asked a passer-by where he was. The family could hear the person respond: "Tijuana."

For whatever reasons, the Reuters link omits the report about the later phone call. Additionally,

Reuters: Members of Guzman's family, including his mother, brother and sister in law, have traveled to Tijuana and searched shelters, jails and hospitals trying to find him.

CNN: She said she never thought she would end up having to search Tijuana's hospital and morgues for her son, but vowed to keep on doing it because "I have to."

I just find it interesting that Reuters omits the morgues. NPR reported that Ms. Carvajal originally went to Tijuana to view two bodies in a morgue, but neither were her son. I'm still looking for that specific link, but the computer I'm on has really poor audio capabilities.

Thanks, hatemongers. This is the American justice you encouraged. Good show, good show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.