What would you do... RE: Sciforums?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Stryder, May 20, 2007.

1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

There isn't of course any talk of this or currently any plan, however this is a serious number of questions.

What would you do if Sciforums ceased to exist?

You type in the address and either it's a completely blank screen or it sends you to a forums name holder.

What would you do if the next time you log in, it says: "As apart of an experiment all sciforums memberships have been permanent banned for one month, see you in one month."?

What would you do if Sciforums was completely different the next time you logged in?

I mean completely different layout, no longer a single superforum structure, but a community project where forums can be opened by the members with floating moderators trying to keep the place clean.

Your answers would be appreciated, I guess you can class this as Research and a bit of a think tank considering Sciforums is in real need of an overhaul (I don't think I'm the only one that thinks this).

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I'd go read a good novel.

Baron Max

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

I would have a sex change, u?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I guess I would do more work on my novels, play my guitar and tzouras a bit more and get more creative with my webcam. There is life beyond sciforums.

8. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

I'd be a tad pissed, but probably move on with my life.

Spend less time hanging about here and do something productive.

I might even send the owners a thank you card.

9. Carcano Valued Senior Member

What specifically is wrong with the way it is now?

10. draqon Banned Banned

I would live on like nothing happened...and than at nights I will cry before the moonlight remembering the sci forums server and remembering all those days that went by with the members. Upon hearing a crickets outside I will remember sci forums once more and feel that everlasting loss deep inside a heart...from the now non existing sciforums. And everyday I will rise to face a new day...without sciforums. And everyday I will lie down and sleep with a sole dream of sciforums.

Cherish the everlasting peaceful past and embrace the future with open mind.

11. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I'd post more in the other forums I am a part of. I have a daily quota of posts that I must meet or I'll go insane.

I guess that last statement hints at my addiction to the Internet. For the last few days, my ISP has been shitting out on me for hours at a time (total downtime). For the first half hour I was fine. After that, I kept checking my computer every five minutes like a crack addict. Of course, I was trying to read a book but I was all too distracted.

How many others are addicted to the Internet

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. draqon Banned Banned

...or rather, absane.

13. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Form a cult.

14. draqon Banned Banned

of peaceful embracers of everlasting magnificent tomorrow?

15. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Sort of, but with more of an emphasis on complete sexual freedom, hard drug use and slaughtering the Pigs. Healter Skelter Mk II.

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Contine to promote my cult. Of peaceful embracers of everlasting magnificent strippers.

Hail [enc]MYUU[/enc].

17. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

/

My ISP leaves a lot to be desired. The way that msn messages don't seem to turn up when I send them is maybe the most frustrating, and then occasionally webpages won't load/will take an age.

I'm lucky I have a tough old CRT as it's taken a few punches in its time

18. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

After sciforums ceased to exist, I'd try logging in to the url over and over again for a couple of weeks......... becoming more and more neurotically concerned that something wasn't right. Soon afterwards, i'd come to realization that sciforums was really dead, but I would still try to log in due to utter denial. After three or four months, I would finally accept the fact that it was gone.......but I would still ask why.....why was life so cruel..........why does cruel life take what I love away from me.......begging someone- the gods- to bring it back.

9 months - I would begin writing my manifesto (You have vandalized my heart, raped my soul and torched my conscience) and would buy some sort of handgun. My coworkers would notice changes in my behavior. I would start writing little notepad documents to myself, and pretending I'm posting to sciforums. I would start taliking to myself. I would pretend other members were responding to my posts.

I would etch the word "http://www.sciforums.com" into my buttocks using using a flame-heated pizza cutter. I would go to other forums, and (alpha) tag my posts.... then start bitching when other people didn't take it seriously.

5 years later, I would be a disintegrated bearded wretch of a man........laying in a gutter eating beans out of a can, and having long since peed my own pants. It is at this point where I would make an imporov noose out of my tubucurlosis/hepatitis infected rag (my only remaining possession) and hang myself.

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  19. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

:bravo:

20. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

I'd go to www.thescienceforum.com which is sciforums unofficial lifeboat.

I'd miss this place though. It's been my homepage for 3 years.

21. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Rebuild my Ak-47, get some ammo and go on a rampage. Or maybe just get a life...

22. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    I'd build a "free city" out of Legos, where people would be "democratically elected" to do whatever they want to nurture and develop themselves, with a plastic monuntain at it's center providing all it's electric power via people wearing wool sweaters rubbing themselves against it and generating immense static charges...

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

That would be the best. Can I start my cult there?