Israeli nuclear ambitions

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Fungezoid, Mar 22, 2007.

?

What is your opinion on the nuclear situationin the Middle East?

1. Complete nonproliferation and disarmament

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Israel has a right to defend itself, Iran would simply be too dangerous

75.0%
  3. They both can have nukes, for all I care

12.5%
  4. If one has nukes and not the other, that is an unfair double standard

12.5%
  5. Iran should have nukes, and the Zionists shouldn't

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

A lie, and one I would have thought beneath you.

I don't consider the war you so one-sidedly present as "just desserts" for anyone; I have stated that the Palestinians were screwed over by their own leadership - by their own society, frankly, in an ironic twist of those very problems of intolerance. However, let's not let that get in the way of a good, solid frothing.

Another lie. Sad.

I only consider the killing of Hezbollah - those Lebanese and Syrian you do not mention, who hide among civilians while they launch rockets at other civilians - and Hamas and the rest of samesuch dolts as justified. If you truly had such a humanitarian bent to your perception of the case, you would decry Israeli civilian casualties as much - or at all - as you do the Lebanese ones - or at all, even. You do not, have not. Your sentiments seem to strike closer to "just desserts" than mine, but for Israelis, of course, which I imagine makes it all right in your mind.

Beg pard? You are allowed to call my sources revisionist - and, using your logic thereby, liars - yet I am unable to call yours revisionist? I'm always amused that your tu tuoque never extends farther than your own nose. But not surprised, any more. Ah well.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nope they did not look for welcome and sharing. They were intent on a zionist state all the time. Read some of the comments made by the leaders at the time. And I've given you examples of Christians who were driven out by the then Israelis at well, whole villages that were emptied by the Jews who wanted to grab their land.

You might want to read non-Israeli sources of why the Palestinians fought back, then, just as why they are fighting back now.

Don't forget they were under the British then too, not a sovereign state with an established government and had no united front. It was the Israelis who were the terrorists then. As they continue to be today.

This fact is recognised by all right thinking people. Its only blind supporters of Israel who continue to ignore reality.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No lies. You justify Israeli oppression of Palestinians as quid pro quo. You ignore the fact that all Palestinians today have been born in occupation, that they face unemployment and sanctions, that their homes and orchards and children are no more than daily targets for the IDF and you support the Israeli occupation of Palestine based on your beliefs that Muslims have it coming. I cannot recall a single argument on this issue where you did not include dhimmitude as a justification of Israeli oppression.This is the entire premise of your every argument about Israel-Palestine. Ironically, you ALSO support a Jewish state based on your contention that the Arabs will overrun them! And this is your idea of democracy!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why not? You do it for Israel all the time.

Irrelevant, since they don't provide 3 billion in aid and arms every year.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Ah! So ze evil Jews vere alvays evil, ja, ja. And you accuse me of generalization.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You might want to read up on why they were intent on a state, and what Arab dealings with their kin in the ME made them think about that perspective.

Ja, Ja! Und alzo zey vanted ze blood of ze Arabs for ze Brotchen! Ach, die Juden! Since you're a fan of tu tuoque, perhaps you can answer me as to whether or not Arabs did the same to them.

Well, since the war against them was founded by religious men on religious grounds, I started with the Quran and finished with al Buhkari.

Don't forget that those same Brits prevented them from buying arms with which to protect themselves, tying the hands of the Jewish resistance. As they continue to be today, could I say?

Best that way, though; it helps if at least one side is concerned about civilian casualties.

Preventing them, I mean.

Of course: only the evil, unthinking, wrongful, evil (did I say evil?) Ziono-Lizardoids could possibly still sympathize with the evil, , wrongful, evil (did I say evil?) Ziono-Lizardoids.

Are you reading up on your Orwell, then? What should one do with such people, Sam: shoot them or imprison them? I know the apostacy (in all four schools of jurisprudence) favours neither explicitly, but maybe it could still be a good model for a start. What do you think?

Geoff

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think the people of Israel including soldiers who refuse to serve because they disagree with what they see in Palestine are better judges of than either of us.

As for your version of "history"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration_of_1917

its pretty obvious who changed their minds. This was the first President of Israel, was he not?

This is what Gandhi had to say about it:

http://www.countercurrents.org/pa-gandhi170903.htm

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

All lies, regrettably. Have no fear, however; my conscience dictates that I treat with the forthright and the false all the same.

No. I don't justify the oppression of anyone. (That's sharia's job, actually. Shh!) I justify the defense of Israel on the grounds that if they didn't they'd be massacred in a very Biblical way.

Yes: the evil Israelis deliberately targetting civilians, of course.

Grow up. Honestly.

No. I support the existence of Israel on the grounds that they were about to be subjected to another genocide, and they turned the tables on their attackers and won almost single-handed. I respect that. I am sorry if you cannot, for the overt religious reasons.

Then you recall very poorly indeed; worse than I would imagine for a student of science. I point out that if the Israelis didn't protect their rights with force, that they would have them taken from them with force. Isn't an eye for an eye an islamic concept as well?

Why, by the explanation I get for Sura 9 from every apologist I know ("fight back in defense" being the rub), the Israelis are better at islam than anyone else in the region!

Well, not really, but you almost seem to have made the synthesis. Comprehension, of course, is another thing. Take a break, relax, and try to see it from their eyes. Of course, the point about democracy is only valid for citizens of the same nation: you are proceeding from the assumption of a single-state solution.

Which, I'm not far wrong in opining, would end up rather like the 'Final' one, if you get the drift.

Best of luck in your combat of the evil Ziono-CIA-Lizardoids.

Geoff

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You a) miss the point above and b) the entire angle of self-defense and national protection. I sense your mind isn't on this debate.

Well, AK47s and indiscriminate Katyushas are a lot cheaper than F16s and guided munitions. And, if you regard all Israelis as targets (and I think some of the aforementioned do

), then they're really cost-effective. Not to mention everybody's having a blow-out sale on these suckers! Woo-hoo!

Geoff

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That is hilarious. Apparently the Israelis have acquired a right in 60 years which they have denied to Palestinians all this time.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

See previous comment.

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

What about those that agree to serve? Are they disallowed?

I do love your petty insults. Who's feeding you the links? Or do you have more time to write than me, since your answers are all run-of-the-cuff?

And did everyone agree to his perspective? Did he then cackle "and we'll get those little Palestinians and their outdated-absentee-landlord-religio-political system too! NYAhahahaaaaa!"? Maybe he did, but I doubt it. Land was bought up by the Israelis, sold by the Turks. What should one say about it? If, again, we want to use your habitual tu tuoque model, who is recompensating Jews (and others) forced out of their holdings and properties in islamic lands? And the Armenians? The landed Poles in west Russia? I don't reject out of hand the notion that there was a little imperialism in it: there was a little imperialism in most things in those days. But the imperialism goes on and on in the islamic world, and frankly the really responsible parties are those who sold them the land in the first place, and those who then tried to exterminate and drive them out.

I note this too from your link:

I wonder if any of the local Arab major domos had the same sentiments, but in reverse?

Best

Geoff

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

The Israelis deny the Palestinians the right of self defense? Really? How odd: I wonder who they would use it against first? Selfish Israelis. :bawl:

Really, Sam: yours was the hilarious idea.

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Seen; response rejected as inadequate. You ignored my points, and took away only the parts you needed for your straw man.

May he burn brightly, and in effigy.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Which ones? The ones shooting the children? Bulldozing the houses?
    Feeding me the links? You mean an Islamic Memri ?

You might want to note that it was not LAND that was bought, but the Jews did not immediately realise that things were different in Europe.

Did anyone ask them if they wanted to donate their homes and country to the Zionist cause?

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Oh! So that's what Gandhi had to say about it. I was wondering what Gandhi had to say about it; I'm always keen to hear Gandhi's opinion, you know. I consult with him before every single analysis I do, dead and all: I can't tell you how many Ouija boards I wear out in a year, I just can't tell you.

Lord above.

Geoff

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ah so the Israelis supported the Palestine right to their homes?

It was all the same. The Israelis are claiming rights they do not give to the Palestinians and have not, since they moved in.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

He was an objective observer with no possible motivation to take either side, a fine human being and a nonviolent person.

You'll not get a more reliable reporter. And its Gandhi.

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I was thinking "protecting the state of Israel", actually.

And would you accuse it of being biased too? I understand some networks reared up to counter al-Jazeera seem to have slipped that way.

Great Googaly Moogaly! You mean to say that you believe the Jews did something that wasn't evil? Are you feeling all right?

Well, they were bought. Did anyone ask the Jews if they wanted to donate their throats and daughters to the islamic cause?

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Oh...oh I see. I realize now.

...I'm just like Gandhi. I get it. I am exactly the same as Gandhi, of all people. Oh no! Little me? Like Gandhi? It can't be. But it is! For, just like Gandhi, I have no motivation either way (since I'm neither Jewish nor Arab nor Christian nor Muslim nor evil Lizardoid overlord...wait scratch that last bit), a fine human being and a nonviolent person, unlike scrawny gits who drink Baccardi. That's it. I'm like Gandhi.

Unless it's Wolf Blitzer. And that's not even his real name. I mean, come on, seriously.

You too.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yes of course, all the land was bought, it was all legal and above board.

All the stories of villages emptied by Israeli soldiers and people driven from their homes is pure fantasy, including the "stories" about Jabotinsky.